CLOSED: 2004 Weird seed dip

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

got Ken's today. is there any package that hasn't been posted as being received? if not, it's time to play!

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

seeds will go out Friday morning, I hope you all like what's coming.

MD &, VA(Zone 7b)

Thanks tiG (((())))

thanks tig...

Decatur, GA(Zone 7a)

I can't believe this. Today I got the zoo robin so I was looking at my seeds and what did I find? The envelope full of weird seeds that I forgot to send. What a ditz I am... :-(

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

pins, you have mail.

Carlisle, PA(Zone 6b)

Looking for the Weird Seed dip RR. I hope I get it soon. You've got my interest piqued. Thanks. Buttoneer

I want to find out who gets the Mystery Malug seeds.

skatayama

Austell, GA(Zone 7a)

Got my weird seeds...I had to look most of them up. Good show, TiG!!

Milton, FL(Zone 8a)

Mine came today.I will have to look up every one.I never heard of any of these.This should be fun.

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

My seeds came yesterday - looks interesting. :-)

Hello
Thank you TiG! I received my package today. Omoshiroi! Very interesting!

skatayama

markleysburg, PA(Zone 5a)

Thanks so much for soing this swap. Recieved today and well pleased

Gold Beach, OR(Zone 9a)

What a great trade! I got my seeds today, what a great job you did tiG. Thank you so much, that was a lot of work and I am so pleased with my new seeds.
rebeccanne

MD &, VA(Zone 7b)

Mine were in yesterdays mail. Thanks

I have one pack that I can't quite make out the name though... It is Eoropean something, the writing is smudgy. Large oval hard seeds.

Anybody recognize these? Please let me know the name if so.

Thanks

Ellicott City, MD(Zone 7a)

My seeds arrived yesterday in the mail. Thanks SO MUCH tiG for hostessing the Weird Seed Swap again. It was very successful and I received a lot of interesting seeds, plus ones that I'm not familiar with. So, I will be doing some research on the unfamiliar ones. I'm really looking forward to growing out all these seeds. GREAT SWAP! Definitely should be repeated again next year! :~)

Carlisle, PA(Zone 6b)

Hey Tig, thanks for the Weird seed dip 2004, Got me some really interesting ones, none of which I have ever grew before, so that ought to be a real treat. Got my seed propagator set up (using oasis this year) and see what comes up. Thanks again. Buttoneer. (hey, do you want me to put a bug in your ear for 2005? Maybe I might so it, myself.I'll keep watching the posts & write it on my calendar.)

Mount Prospect, IL(Zone 5a)

Mine came today also. thanks, Tig.

Hot Springs, AR(Zone 7b)

My seed came in yesterday! This was fun! Thanks Everyone!

MD &, VA(Zone 7b)

Nobody recognizes the above? I would love to have a name.

Bellaire, MI(Zone 5a)

I received my seeds yesterday and am anxious to take some time to check them all out. Thanks, Tig and everybody who participated!

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

I received my seeds today :D......thank you so very much tiG and weeds! :D

Tulsa, OK(Zone 6b)

Mine came yesterday, actually they were probably in our po box over the weekend, but DH picked up the mail yesterday. I only got one thing that I've grown before! Thanks Bonnie!

Blenheim, New Zealand

Got my seeds to, really happy, thanks tiG, and all.

Weymouth, Dorset, United Kingdom(Zone 9a)

Hi Tig,seeds arrived safely ,many thanks. There's loads of seeds that I can be sowing now, fab selection too.Thanks for all your hard work you put into doing this .
Sue

Churchill, Victoria, Australia(Zone 10a)

My seeds have arrived, but only after being intercepted by the Australian Customs. They allowed six species through, impounded 2 species and are holding two more until I can provide more informations.
They want to know the scientific names of
Alberta Spruce and
Yellow Butterfly Weed
before they will decide whether to let me have them or not.

I have the name for Alberta Spruce, which is Picea glauca var. albertiana.

I tried searching on the net for Yellow Butterfly Weed and came up with three possibles:
Asclepias currassavica
Asclepias tuberosa
Solidago confinis
any of which I would be pleased to try and grow.

Could whoever sent in the seed to the Weird seed dip, please let me know the correct scientific name of this species. I have 30 days to get the information to the Australian Quarantine Service to have a possibility of receiving the seed.

Carlisle, PA(Zone 6b)

Yellow Butterfly weed is Asclepias tuberosa var "Hello Yellow." Hope that helps.

Churchill, Victoria, Australia(Zone 10a)

Thanks very much! I will pass that to the quarantine service and keep my fingers crossed,

Horn, Netherlands(Zone 8b)

I 've got my package today...wooow great seeds you've send..love them all. Thank you so much Tig!!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.