I don't care for hot beverages or foods
(1 votes, 0%)
Red dot

Other (tell us, please!)
(15 votes, 6%)
Red dot

Previous Polls

Villa Rica, GA(Zone 7a)

Nutin like a hot bowl of homemade chile or veggie soup on a cold day. If the day is too cold and long, I find myself drinking coffee all day long!!
(then I wonder why I can't sleep at night! LOL)

GOD's Green Earth, United States(Zone 8b)

To me the very best thing about a cold day is sitting on my hearth with a roaring fire burning. That's a good time to also enjoy a hot beverage (coffee in the a.m., cocoa in the afternoon). But thankfully, we don't have too many of those days where I live.

Seattle, WA(Zone 8b)

Hot buttered rum!
(My favorite recipe is here: http://christmas.allrecipes.com/AZ/HotButteredRumMix.asp)

Honor, MI(Zone 5b)

Chili, no meat, but plenty of beans, onions, tomatoes and spices! And of course, soda crackers to dip. It's the only time I'll eat soda crackers, but Chili just isn't the same without them!
And I have an "other", too........a nice, long hot bubble bath, with a few candles just for my spirit, a good book and a glass of wine. Dreamy!

Winchester, VA(Zone 6b)

I voted coffee but admittedly I drink it summer and winter

Tellico Plains, TN(Zone 7b)

Hot coffee or chocolate works for me. Grab the mug with both cold hands, put your face into the cloud of hot steam rising and inhale the warmth, then enjoy the hot liquid warming all the way down to your tummy.
.......Can you tell?..........I do a lot of cold weather riding (no choice up here) and look forward to my Hot Cuppa Joe ;~P

This message was edited Jan 18, 2004 9:31 PM

Thumbnail by scooterbug
Newcastle, ON(Zone 5a)

Hot Cocoa with whipped cream is so comforting after a long day at work, and coming home in from the cold.

Saucier, MS(Zone 8b)

Hot Tea for me.

Honeybee

Princeton, IL(Zone 5a)

I start out each day with a hot cereal: cream of wheat, malt o meal, or good old oatmeal. I like grits, too!

LimeyLisa Kay

Medina, OH(Zone 5b)

Sitting in the hot tub.....gazing at the winter garden!

Villa Rica, GA(Zone 7a)

O yes hot buttery cooked grits for me too! (the instant will do in a pinch but I perfer the cooked ones)

Also I have found that I am hooked on "Chi Tea" with whip cream on top! YUM!!

Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

Hot coffee and home made soups oh yes and cornbread. Does the trick. Carolyn

Allen Park, MI(Zone 6a)

I chose other, as a trip to Flordia in February is about the only thing than warms me up.

Paul

Conyers, GA

I was under the impression that breakfast was the time of the "warmup" but I now see that anytime at all qualifies. I do like a bowl of soup or any warm food that is ingested with a spoon. I do not like hot drinks (or bottled drinks) because I've learned that I also take in a lot of air with them and end up with servere stomach pains. Being a southerner, I enjoy a coke, even at 7 a. m. but it must be in a glass (poured over ice). I recently read a survey that stated that more and more people all over the world have started drinking cold Cokes and Pepsis for breakfast so I no longer feel like a freak for preferring them.

It's like a cold shower that stimulates one's circulation and makes one feel warmer afterwards than one would feel after a hot soak in the tub!

Silver Lake, OH(Zone 5b)

I, too have become hooked on Chai tea. I love the California kind that has a little caffeine - a nice pick up in the afternoon when I get a little bit droopy.

I LOVE spices so it is such a treat for me. Plus trying to get more calcium in me so the milk is great. And splenda and it's a no carb delight for me. Tastes so indulgent but it's not really. Very special too because it reminds me of the friend who introduced me to it - Janet who moved out to Oregon who I miss terribly (Hi, Janet!).

:)

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

I checked "it's summer time here". The calendar says it's not but the plants say it is. Winter and spring are the natural growing seasons here. If we are going to get rain at all, it will be then.

Sigh

My answer on these things is always the same, hey if you're going to put tea in the vote I'm almost obliged to answer the same. Doesn't matter what time of year, I'm an avid chai/char/cuppa/brew/rosie lee or whatever slang name given, tea drinker. Not the fancy stuff, Earl Grey, Darjeeling, Lapsang Souchong, English Breakfast are fine in their place but a box of good old bags of black tea as in Tetley's or PG Tips is always to be found in the kitchen, it's been a poor week if it isn't.

Next to that a good bowl of anything stew/broth/soup with chunky wholemeal bread is a great warming filler.

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8b)

We don't have many real cool days but when we do I make the most of this beautiful time. Pot of beef stew,tabasco sauce and corn bread with real butter. Hot chocolate with whipping cream. Hot roaring fire in the fireplace. Does it get any better? Turn all the heat off at bedtime and an electric blanket turned on lowest setting and a feather comforter. Peaceful sleep. We have so much to be thankful for. Also, you can't beat a big bowl of pinto beans with maters and onion.

Rock Hill, SC(Zone 8a)

On that really cold day I get up early, have a bacon, eggs and grits breakfast with pleanty of hot coffee. Go to the Y and walk some and swim for a while. Come home and boil up some crab legs. Fix a cup of hot butter and saltine crackers. Have a beer or twelve. Put on a good movie and enjoy life. Then I hope for another cold day tomorrow, lol.

Citrus Heights, CA(Zone 9b)

THE SUN!

Kenbridge, VA(Zone 7b)

I love coffee and tea all year and all day long!
Don't know where all of you cracker dunkers came from, LOL! I love cornbread in soup and chili and I make some of the best homemade soups and chili round about. I even won a husband with it!

I just made a slow cooker/roaster full of my soup. That's the size that holds the large turkey.

I put in:
6 lbs of diced tomatoes
3 huge onions minced
1/2 large head of cabbage chopped
2 qts water Let simmer for 1/2 hour.
Add:
7 lbs mixed veggies
5 cans of corned beef or 1/4 of a corned beef brisket cut up.
2 t. sugar
salt and pepper to taste

Let cook until cabbage is tender.
Optional add 1 lb of seashell macaroni about 15 minutes before it's finished cooking.

I usually cook my soups about 1 1/2 hrs.

Steph

Santa Rosa, CA(Zone 9a)

Just another excuse to drink tea...like I need one coming from an English family! I drink it year around anyway.

North Vancouver, BC(Zone 8a)

In munching terms for the winter season......It's a soup night about every four nights......and crackers or good old fluffy French bread! YES!!!!!!

North Vancouver, BC(Zone 8b)

I love Hot spiced apple cider. Reminds me of skating and stomping my feet to thaw my toes. Yep, happens here in the balmy wet coast, too. About every 9 years. Mulled wine over the holiday season, too.--AHHH must be the spices,like ribbon candy and satin mix. Christmas.

Mpls, MN(Zone 4a)

in the winter i love making spicy chili,hot mint(dried from my garden) teas,hot cocoa,and sipping spiced coffee in the morning,yumm.

The chili is just about ready now,need to warm up the french bread with garlic butter in the oven.

Cleveland, OH(Zone 5b)

Soup! soup! soup!!!! Hot and steamy!
Especially chicken noodle! Mmmmmm.

Hammonton, NJ(Zone 6b)

Notbing is as satisfying as a hot cup of Chicken Noodle (or rice) Soup (Good 'ol Jewish Penecillin)!!! Chases away the chills and fixes whatever ails me!!

Jonesboro, AR(Zone 7a)

Nothing like a big ol' pot of steamy veggie soup and some cornbread to warm me up! And dont forget the hot chocolate with marshmallows of course for dessert.....LOL!

Noblesville, IN(Zone 5a)

Hot coffee, chili and instant ralston.

I like my homemade chicken or turkey noodle soup. I always add lemon to it and sometimes ginger.

Lenexa, KS(Zone 6a)

I said "Other". My warmer-upper is a long soak in the bath with a great novel or the latest gardening catalogs and my notebook full of notes.

A close second for me is a cozy fire and a good DVD movie and some apple crisp. Mmmmmmmmm.

Mansfield, MO(Zone 6b)

Hmmm...

I guess I am the only one that does not like hot beverages... :)

Give me some watermelon.

Jere

Piedmont, MO(Zone 6a)

I put on long underwear, 2 pr socks, 2 tops, and throw another armload of wood in the fire! All of the food and drink ideas sound wonderful, too, but I can't do that all the time...too cold for too long here!

Tennille, GA(Zone 8b)

mmmmmmm trying to remember the last time I felt cold....Think it was this past summer when I had my a/c turned really low!!!! LOL! I am enjoying the weather here right now...low 70's...the flowers are blooming and everything looks beautiful! I am not complaining! I love to have a cup of hot coffee any time of the year!

Cortlandt Manor, NY(Zone 6a)

Hot cocoa is good -- but a hot bath even better!

Spokane, WA(Zone 5b)

I like warm drinks and stews, soups & chili's. Not much of a hot cereal girl. Hot baths? Oh yeah!

Des Moines, IA(Zone 5a)

i start out the day with a bowl of oatmeal & put in a teaspoon of cinnamon,i read on web health that a spoon of cinnamon everyday in 30 to 40 days will lower your cholesteol way down & help control diabetes,i have been taking this for 2 weeks & my blood pressure is down to 124 over 70 .i take garlic tablets everyday & the doc told me that i will sleep well at night ( i will sleep alone but i will sleep well). jerry thacker- Des Moines IA

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

I like a nice glass of Bailey's Irish Cream while sitting in the hottub watching it snow and dreaming of Spring!

Rom, GA

There is nothing like getting up (not going to work) and relaxing with a cup of Hazelnut coffee. This is an anytime relaxer. But, on a COLD Rainy morning like this one in Beautiful GA there is not another thing missing. Don't get me wrong chili and hot soup are good but just not this good.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.