Basic Supplies

Seward, AK(Zone 3b)

Good points, Toxi. Here's a great site for some simple germination instructions for most seeds: http://tomclothier.hort.net/ I find this helpful to add to packages of seeds that don't have germination instructions on them (as in those one receives in trade)

Cassopolis, MI(Zone 5a)

Toxi-Weezin
Thanks so much for the great ideas. I will get to be a grower yet!
I really like the spraying the inside of the plastic domes that sounds like a great method.
I had not given any thought to seeds requiring different temperatures so I will be looking up the needs of all of the wonderful things I have received from everyone here at DG's.
I can't thank you enough, for all of your wonderful suggestions, I am sure you have helped me avoid a lot of pitfalls that new growers fall into.

Piedmont, MO(Zone 6a)

Good Luck, Acknapp!

Weez, thanks for the link to Tom Clothier's site. I have it bookmarked now...looks extremely helpful.

Seward, AK(Zone 3b)

You're welcome, Toxi. I felt the same way when a helpful DGer pointed me to his site.

Aknapp, Dave's is such a wealth of info, you'll be so glad you subscribed.

Cassopolis, MI(Zone 5a)

I agree about Dave's! I am always amazed!!! I have just started doing some searches to read through some of the older threads.
There is such a vast amount of good ideas that I am in total amazement most of the time.
Thanks for everyones help and suggestions, I am so excited about the prospect of starting things earlier this year inside and also doing some winter sowing.
I can hardly wait until its time to get started!!!
I guess I had better get the rest of my supplies in order first. Still need to find some reasonable priced small plastic pots that I can purchase in smaller quantities.
Thanks again everyone you will never know how much I appreciate it.

Cambria, CA(Zone 10a)

Bump

Seward, AK(Zone 3b)

Thanks for the bump. There's lots of good info on this one.

Union City, CA(Zone 9b)

I didn't see Kell's plastic cups from costco listed .
A list of things from Dollar store
-- rubbing alcohol [ 2 for a dollar ]
-- hydrogen peroxide [ 2 for a dollar ] - H202 - good for root bound or water [ 3% ] logged plants - 1/2 cup of 3 % H202 in a gallon of water
-- disk soap
-- turkey baster - to blow piles of poison leaves snail food - watering potted plant with getting on leaves
-- drinking water - distilled water -- in pre measure container so mixture is same all the time .
you can also spray your tools with the soap/alcohol or oil/alcohol mixture

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.