Nearly every night
(23 votes, 9%)
Red dot

Other ?
(5 votes, 2%)
Red dot

Previous Polls

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Nothing like the taste of meat charred on the outside and juicy inside. Then the veggies, marinated and grilled just enough to warm them up, but not enough to take away the crunch. MMMMMMMMMmmmmmm. Oh, I love summer and food from the grill!

Sioux City, IA(Zone 4b)

Send my DH out even in the winter, only an out right blizzard will keep us from having something off the grill! (DH is kinda picky about what he will eat...something on the grill is a sure thing).

Santa Rosa, CA(Zone 9a)

I would love to if I had a griller!

Lindale, TX(Zone 8a)

I voted for "a few times in the warm months". I would grill out a lot more except the "warm months" in Texas become HOT months. It's not too comfortable working at a hot grill when the temperature is 100+.

San Diego, CA(Zone 10a)

Almost daily here. When it's hot, I flip and run. I love the double grill. Meat on the bottom and veggies on top.

San Jose, CA(Zone 9a)

My husband loves to cook out, so even in the winter and in the rain....he cooks our fish, chicken or meat and sometimes veggies & I do the rest inside. Not much left but salad, but that's Ok, I don't have the time anyway...I spend too much time on the computer!!!
Margie

Venice, FL(Zone 7a)

If it will fit, we'll cook it on the grill. This includes our Thanksgiving turkey. Now you've made me hungry. FIRE UP THE GRILL!
Hank

Franklin, LA(Zone 9a)

I don't grill. Sad but true ...
Do outdoor seafood boils count?

Cheri'

Orlando, FL(Zone 9b)

We grill out about once a month. Fortunately we live in a climate you can very easily grill all year round.

Sundry, a seafood boil sure sounds good about now!

Scotia, CA(Zone 9b)

We grill several times a week, rain or shine because I hate washing pots and pans :~)

Essex, United Kingdom(Zone 9a)

Have a calor gas barbeque with all the bits...used it once. Quicker & easier to cook indoors & carry outside.

Jesteburg-Wiedenhof, Germany(Zone 8a)

We have a couple of wee grill evenings in the summer months, with some of our pals and neighbours, where we grill those little Nuremberger sausages, and a few steaks, drink a bottle of wine (or three ... me ;.D), and generally have a wee outside party.

One of our Greek neighbours who lives on a balcony about 50 metres away and on the third floor decided to grill an octopus one evening ... she cleared the entire neighbourhood, and someone even called the police and fire brigade as they thought she had either cooked her man or her house was on fire ... what a smell!!!! I couldn't get it out of my nose for weeks afterwards.

Wintermoor

Grove City, OH(Zone 6a)

We grill often when the temps are too high to want to have the stove on, but otherwise a maybe once a week or even less. Seldom in the winter (who wants to put on boots, parka, etc. to cook???)

Springfield, MA(Zone 6a)

hankpage, turkey on the grill is great. the first time i did it was for a party i was having in the summer. the turkey was so juicy and tender, i and my company were amazed.
for anyone wanting a delicious turkey dinner use the grill, you won't regret it. right hank?

Noblesville, IN(Zone 5a)

I would love to grill out every night if I had someone to help. I can't because of being on oxygen 24 hrs. a day. I really love grilled food. The only way I like hot dogs is cooked to brown state on the grill. :)

Murfreesboro, TN(Zone 7a)

We have a gas grill and a smoker, so at least once a week, especially from March/April thru October/November we grill out. Occasionally in the colder months, if we have a warm spell (smoked turkey is a holiday favorite around here!)

We love grilled food, and (like Zany), I am always in favor of fewer pots and pans to wash!

I'd love to have a huge commercial range with a grill so we could grill indoors year-round. (Sigh...probably just a dream until my kids are on their own, and then I won't be able to rationalize the need for a big honkin' stove!)

Dayton, OH(Zone 5a)

DH keeps an extra tank around for those times when your meat is half cooked and the propane runs out! We love to grill out when we can and lots less mess like Terry & Zannymuse said :)

Fremont, CA(Zone 9a)

I have a fixed natural gas grill on the deck. Since it so easy to light up and it doesn't heat the house it is a regular summer staple.
Even in the winter I can be seen barbequeing under an umbrella.

Venice, FL(Zone 7a)

Yes Debi, The turkey is great and (there's no other way to say it) if you put a half can of beer up a chicken's butt and stand the can up on the grill. The beer steams from the inside and the fat runs out and browns the outside ..... oooh will I wake the neighbors with the smell of a mid-night snack? ;~}

Dayton, OH(Zone 5a)

Truly, hankpage, or are you pulling our leg? That sounds like a fun thing to try but I can be a bit gullible...

Walkerton, VA(Zone 7a)

Hankpage aint kidding. I saw this method demonstrated on the food channel. Its on my list of things to try on my grill.

Murfreesboro, TN(Zone 7a)

You can also do it in your kitchen oven. Very easy, and VERY good :)

Hammonton, NJ(Zone 6b)

Would love to grill and eat outdoors! Food tastes so much better when eaten outside and the weather is beautiful! We used to do it when our children were little, and when we lived in another location. Where we live now, there are too many flies and insects...the children are now on their own, and it isn't worth the effort for just my husband and myself.

However.....Anyone Care To Invite Us Over? Would love to come!!

Dayton, OH(Zone 5a)

Will have to try that, then :)

Lenexa, KS(Zone 6a)

Grilled octopus!!!! Oh my! I've heard it all now. We grill several times per week during spring, summer and fall. Can't stand heating up the house with cooking if I can help it. Also, grill through the winter months.....never eat a steak unless its grilled outside -- just ain't the same. We love grilled shrimp and rice, chicken, steak and kabobs from time to time. We have a pantry full of the prepared marinades (the Emeril Lagasse brands are fantastic - give 'em a try).

grilling is fine....however it is not all that healthy for anyone....the smoke....fire...charcoal...toxins....in and around you and your food. We used to grill more but upon educating ourselves we found the down side. So one and all beware what is fun or tastes good is not always good for you.

Venice, FL(Zone 7a)

pawtrees, Cooking inside your home exposes your whole family to all kinds of toxins, especially if you use non-stick cookware. Most home HVAC units do not bring in any fresh make-up air. Even primative man learned not to stand down-wind of the fire and cooked outside the cave. As for the charred food being a carcinogen, anything (including oxygen) in excess is harmfull.
IMO: Live a little "Burn some red meat on the Bar-Be tonight".
Just my opinion, Hank

This message was edited Thursday, Sep 4th 5:35 PM

Thumbnail by hankpage
Greenville, SC(Zone 7b)

Why only grill in the warm months... You can find me by my grill in the rain and snow! Even when I lived in upstate NY if the grill started I used it...MMMMMMM grilled food...mmmmmm

Fort Walton Beach, FL

LOVE anything cooked on a charcoal grill. Grilled checken, grilled veggies, grilled corn---Hmmmmmmmm Delicious!!

Can someone tell me why barbequing is so popular in the USA?
I'm not being funny - I'm really interested. I spent a fortune on my gas one but hardly ever use it. It's not that my garden is small it isn't but I still find it easier & safer ( re salmonella) to cook indoors & carry out.

Lenexa, KS(Zone 6a)

Rosalia--I guess for us (meaning my family) it has to with the 100+ F temps in the summer, the better flavor, lack of dishes to wash, and the comraderie and fellowship one gets with having a barbeque. We like to invite friends and family over "to grill". It's a good time to get out and enjoy the summer months, allow the kids to play -- good excuse for a get together. I've never had a concern or incident with salmonella related to grilling. Brenda

Dayton, OH(Zone 5a)

We've never had any salmonella problems! Most popular items we grill out are steaks, hot dogs, baked potatoes and last night I actually cooked Salmon ~ yummy & no fish odor in house. Saves on clean-up big time!!!! Also, shis-kabobs ~ all veggie usually and sometimes marinated in advance. The grill gived a GREAT flavor to veggies! I've also got a grilled pizza recipe. For roasts like pork or beef, I will still use oven and cook for 3+ hours. Don't know how else to explain it except it tastes great and there's less items to clean!

Edited to say I completely forgot about the ribs we grill!

This message was edited Sunday, Sep 7th 10:52 AM

OK - I think I understand :)
I've no local friends (moved a lot) - my children are grown & moved away. Most of my relis are dead or what's left are living over 300 miles away - mostly in Italy or Ireland....& the weather can be a tad iffy here ( this year was OK tho' ) Reckon the reason I don't bother is that it's just not worth it for the two of us.
Ros

Seward, AK

Had to laugh at lupine... I have my DH BBQ on the porch in the dead of winter in his parka and bunny boots! Only when the wind isn't blowing tho, 'cause when the really cold wind blows it sucks away all the heat! I'll have to post a pic of him w/tongs and weber grill!

Manton, MI(Zone 5a)

As the saying goes "MMMMMMMMMM Good!" Nothing like a burger cooked on charcoal. Forget that propane stuff. If I wanted propane I cook on the stove. And even better yet is cooking on the tripod on an open fire while camping. YUMMY! YUMMY! IN THE THE TUMMY! :-)

Manton, MI(Zone 5a)

As the saying goes "MMMMMMMMMM Good!" Nothing like a burger cooked on charcoal. Forget that propane stuff. If I wanted propane I cook on the stove. And even better yet is cooking on the tripod on an open fire while camping. Burgers or whatever on top, ears of corn in coals, along with some potatoes & other veggies. YUMMY! YUMMY! IN THE THE TUMMY! :-)

Harrisville, MI(Zone 5b)

Rooty Toots Babyback ribs are hitting the grill right now.

Thumbnail by rootdoctor
Tawas City, MI

good food good memories,,get the charcoal out...im with hank everything is a risk these days.. and grilling ,,, what a way to go...

Venice, FL(Zone 7a)

rootdoctor, Cook them slow. It will take me about 18 hrs. of straight driving to get there. Wow! That looks good.
That's pushing the speed limit a little, but if I carry that photo any red blooded law officer will understand.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.