No, it hasn't been cold at all
(18 votes, 9%)
Red dot

The weather is perfect for me!
(30 votes, 16%)
Red dot

Previous Polls

Albany (again), NY(Zone 5b)

Over the past three days, we've been below zero each day. We've been below freezing for almost a month. Yep, too cold.

Tonasket, WA(Zone 5a)

Actually I can't complain about our winter so far. Friday the fellow that works for me parttime started up my BCS garden tractor and worked up a pathway in the new woodland area that I am planning. So the ground wasn't frozen too hard. The coldest weather we had was in late Oct. and early Nov. Didn't get above freezing today tho. Donna

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

bone chilling for the past month and tonight its finally snowing a little -i can still see the ground-I need that snow for insulation on my gardens!
Way to cold. It hurts to go outside in that wind!
i need spring!!!

Albany (again), NY(Zone 5b)

Guess that's one good thing about two feet of snow - insulates the ground from the bitter cold.

Belfield, ND(Zone 4a)

It's been below zero temps here too, but today for some reason it warmed up to the 20's, then snowed a little more, and now we have a very dense fog. The prediction for the next week is below zero temps even during the daytime. Gonna have to drag out the feathers pretty soon.

This message was edited Monday, Jan 20th 3:36 PM

Murfreesboro, TN(Zone 7a)

Too cold here - wahhhhh. I like spring/summer/fall. I could do without winter, although it does give me a chance to dream up new garden schemes, and start a bunch of seeds :) And do a little housework...

Panama, NY(Zone 5a)

Yeeeesh, what a question!!! YES,TOOOOOOO COLD! and this week is to be possibly colder! We do have snow, about 3 feet with 4 to 5 foot drifts keeping everything in the gardens cozy. Single digit highs are just a tad bit excessive, don't you think???

Spring Hill, FL(Zone 9a)

Its too cold in SW Florida BUT when I read the posts from my summer neighbors in upstate NY it seems a lot warmer LOL. The fireplace here has really been busy though...guess its El Nino or Nina whatever.

Citrus Heights, CA(Zone 9b)

Brrrrrrrrr too cold! I guess I am spoiled....but 50 degrees is way too cold!

Decatur, MI(Zone 5a)

I like it in the 70 myself,
give me spring anytime,
or let me move to Fl for 4 month out of the year,
mi is just to cold,

Citrus Heights, CA(Zone 9b)

Heeheehee we had 70 just the other day....our one day of sunshine in weeks! Darn this Tule Fog, I want the sun!

Madison, WI(Zone 5a)

It's currently 14°F (that's -10°C) here in Madison, WI. But the silly thing is, we have no snow. None, nadda, zip, zilch. I feel gyped. If it's going to be this cold, I'd at least like to see white when I look out my window *pouts*

The news just called the cold brutal. I've really had enough of this really cold weather with the biting winds. With the wind chill it's supposed to be -5 to -15 degrees.

We've been spoiled here on Long Island with three very warm winters. I'm not used to this cold stuff, but I keep thinking that at least it's probably doing my bulbs good to get some frosty weather!

Woodsville, NH(Zone 4a)

It's been -15 the past few nights. Tomorrow the daytime temp is supposed to be -5 to 0 and the next few nights dropping to -30.It's been an extremely cold winter this year up here.I'm more than ready for spring.

Cochrane, ON(Zone 2b)

It is -38º outside right now & supposed to get colder through the night. Add wind chill to that & you sure freeze your butt. Supposed to be like this all week. You don't linger outside any longer than necessary.

Grove City, OH(Zone 6a)

After our balmy early January, it hasn't been above freezing since! We don't get the extreme lows, but to have a high in the 20's for weeks at a time sure gets old quick! Coldest winter in years here. (got an extra fireplace, anyone?)

montgomery, AL(Zone 7b)

Well by some it has been WARM here but this Florida weather has spoiled me. It was in the low 30s with the high in the 40s the last few days. Then today we went to town & was in short sleeves as it was almost 70°. If U don't like the weather here just wait & it will soon change.
Sugar in northern Florida (almost Alabama)

(Zone 5a)

Since we've been having temps at 2 degrees I am more than ready for spring. Winter is not my favorite time of the year. I would be completely happy if we could skip a winter or two.

Skowhegan, ME(Zone 5b)

It's been below zero for the past two weeks at night here and half of them were around 12 to 18 below. But it will get warmer soon right.....Right!!!!! Well thats what I get for living in good ol'Maine,enjoy

Lincoln City, OR(Zone 9a)

Unseasonably warm here with our highs in the mid 40s and low in the low 30s. We need a cold winter to kill some of the bugs that are really bothering us in the summer here but so far we have had warm winters the last few years! Hardly any snow either which will be bad this summer for the farmers. If I wanted it to be this warm in the winter I would move South. :)

New York City, NY(Zone 6b)

Updated: 1:51 AM EST on January 22, 2003
Observed at Central Park, New York
Temperature 14 °F / -10 °C
Windchill -1 °F / -19 °C

Yes, it is. Thanks for asking.

Adam.

titonka, IA(Zone 4b)

it's been cold here in northern iowa. finally getting used to it. this winter has been so mild (temps in the 50s in december)there has been no snow except in october when we were trying to harvest corn.could use a little snow just because its so dry,getting a little worried about moisture

St. Thomas, ON(Zone 5b)

If we're going to have "WINTER" we might just as well have the snow and the cold to make the snow stay! I Love the cold sunny days with snow all around,it makes everything look fresh and clean. After going out in such weather it's also fun to come home and snuggle in with a pot of stew with good friends and or family!!! Plus we need the snow for our trees.

Brugvalley, Germany(Zone 7b)

I am from Germany, we have had snow and frost and will have again this winter. Dont like it. I am waiting for spring to bring my Brugmansias, Musas and Citrus outside.

Westbrook, ME(Zone 5a)

Hi Littlehawk! I didn't know we had another Maineiac at Daves :o) It was -16 this morning when I got up. I think we're paying for all those mild winters we had.

Belfield, ND(Zone 4a)

I think we are going to freeze to death! It was -27 at 4:30 am. It's warmed up now to -9. Tonight it's supposed to be even colder. Is it possible? Ugg.

Canton, OH(Zone 6a)

I just keep looking at the seed catalogs and hoping for spring. It is so cold here I think I would like to turn into a bear and just sleep the winter away.

Cedar Key, FL(Zone 9a)

I'm sick of single digit highs
I'm sick of snow
I wanna know who is in charge of this stuff?

I feel like posting

For Trade

SNOW,will send for postage,can become invasive........Will accept anything green in trade

Tonasket, WA(Zone 5a)

Well, it isn't as cold here as it is in the North East, but it started snowing in the night and snowed most all day. A wet snow and very heavy, received about 6 inches total but warmed up to 34 degrees and the snow settled. I didn't use my little electric snow blower. Used my snow shovel to clear paths and the areas where I feed birds and my good neighbor came with his tractor and cleaned the lane, but since it kept snowing there is about 2 inches of snow on what he had cleared. County people only plowed the county road that is a mile from here they didn't plow Horse Spring Coulee road, at least not before dark. At least the weather man promised it would warm up and probably rain late tomorrow. Guess I'll just study catalogs. I have brand new siped tires on my car so pretty good traction. rutholive (Donna)

Mohnton, PA(Zone 6a)

Ok, fine... it's cold. That's enough, turn on the heat! No one likes it when their knees knock. Has anyone ever had their knee caps bounce up and down because it was so cold???? Now THAT'S a reaction! LOL Carol

Los Angeles, CA(Zone 10a)

Our problem in Los Angeles is it's been too warm, in the 70's or even 80's. "Dormancy" lasts about 2 days this so-called winter. And almost no rain again! (Last year we had 4 inches total>)

Newark, OH(Zone 5a)

way too cold here!!!!! They said on the radio that it's the coldest winter in 3 years. I think today's highs are like 10F and wind chill factor up to 20 below. My aching bones can't take it :(

Stockton, MO(Zone 6b)

Monday it got up to 65, today it's supposed to get up to 11. It's those wild temp. swings that get to me. Wood stove is almost red, but the heat hardly gets down the hall, on days like this.

Versailles, CT(Zone 7a)

I'm in Switzerland and we haven't had enough snow and ice yet - Germany's been getting it all! I need some cold weather to kill all my garden pests. And the poor people who work operating the ski lifts, cable cars, ski area restaurants, etc are all suffering - no skiing locally at all and a lot of people out of work because of it.

I'll still be glad when it's spring though!

Ellicott City, MD(Zone 7a)

TOOOO CCCCOLD!(teeth chattering) I'm ready to head South.........Florida here I come................(in my dreams!)

Sydney, Canada(Zone 6a)

It is freezin!! My kids now know what 7 and 8 feet snow banks look like!! I am no longer from the "olden days!" Our furnace has been working overtime! They closed the sky hill here yesterday-that's how cold it was with the wind chill factor!! That has never happened! I guess this weather is the reason flannel was invented!!! Happy snuggling!

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

This is the first actual winter we've had in about 6 years and I've had enough...I'm done...finito....ready for tomato plants and starting seeds.'Sposed to be 0 tonight,got about an inch of snow yesterday...the fun's over.I need warm weather!

Spring Hill, FL(Zone 9a)

Come on down to Florida where the current temp is 26 Yee Haw!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.