(78 votes, 78%)
Red dot

I don't like it, as there are still a lot of early evenings left
(11 votes, 11%)
Red dot

I'm neutral
(10 votes, 10%)
Red dot

I'm on the opposite side of the equator - no short days here!
(1 votes, 1%)
Red dot

Previous Polls

Spring Hill, FL(Zone 9a)

I'm thankful for each day

Allen Park, MI(Zone 6a)

David
ditto for me

Paul

Jesteburg-Wiedenhof, Germany(Zone 8a)

I'm fed up with the darkness falling at 15:00 hrs. and happy that the daylight will be approximately 2 - 3 minutes longer each day, bringing more sunlight and heating the ground again.

Wintermoor

Rethymno, Crete, Greece(Zone 10b)

It still puzzles me: although the days will start getting longer, the bitter cold of the winter is still yet to come. Perhaps the days' lengthening should coincide with the warming up of the weather, but it is only the beginning of the winter. So I lose the idea of the symbol of hope - the worst is yet to come.

Dimitri

Seattle, WA(Zone 8b)

spring, spring, spring, spring, spring, spring, summer, summer, summer, summer.......hurry!

Helsinki, Finland(Zone 4b)

To us, winter has already started long time ago, and weather will stay the same. I'm happy that it is different all year round, the darkness belongs to Winter, and when we have snow, it makes everything little lighter outside. I'm happy that days start getting longer now too, as in the summer, the sun won't even set, and that is something I love.

St. Thomas, ON(Zone 5b)

Winter is a time to snuggle and dream about spring, also give your back a rest from all the grooming and digging in the garden ha ha ha. I do love it in January when it stays light until at least 6pm or later.

Grove City, OH(Zone 6a)

I count January as the beginning of spring: it is when I begin growing seedlings to transplant outdoors in March.

Belfield, ND(Zone 4a)

We get our first frost in mid to late September lately, so by December the winter already seems very long. We didn't have snow until recently though, and then we got lots of it. I can't plant anything outside until mid May at the very earliest, so spring seems a long time away yet. Our winter (which I count as any time I can't garden outside) lasts for about 8 months! Ugg!

I can't wait until spring time and I really enjoy to propagation some Christmas cactus leafs as I do all the times! Enjoy to in spring time and summer time, too! Have a good times with plants.

San Francisco, CA

We are finally having real winter now, and don't like it, but I know is nothing compared to most snow winter people.

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

Now if we could just get more *sunshine* to go with the increasing daylight hours, LOL!

Mcallen, TX(Zone 8a)

I enjoy this time of year, Dec 25-26 is when I feel freed up enough to begin perusing my new incoming seed and plant catalogs.

Also, I am relieved that now the days will get longer instead of shorter......but I just love all the seasons.

Hope you are all having a wonderful holiday season.

Hugs from Texas!

Niagara on the Lake, Canada

The more daylight there is the better. As soon as it starts to get dark in the evening everything including me seems to shut down. With longer days you have more energy and more time to do things outside as well as in. Darkness is for sleeping!

Scotia, CA(Zone 9b)

Being a night person by nature the shorter days don't really bother me. And in a rainy season I enjoy the way the water reflects under lights after dark.

T-village ;) - Fries, Netherlands(Zone 6a)

Still a long winter to come, with probably bad colds, influenza and so on.
To me, summer is the healthy part of life, and winter (including early spring) the part of just trying to survive.

This message was edited Sunday, Dec 29th 7:24 AM

Mount Prospect, IL(Zone 5a)

I love the dark days! I don't go out in the evenings and its always so nice and cozy in the house. Good time to curl up with seed catalogs or trashy books!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.