Daylily seeds

Mirpur (A.K), Pakistan(Zone 9b)

Here is the bottle in which I soaked day lily and MG seeds, wonder ful , yester evening I soaked seeds and today morning when I cheked seeds of MG are germinated.
Wonderful solution.

Thumbnail by gumlla
Seattle, WA(Zone 8b)

YEA!!! Good for you gumlla!

It is a magic.........wonderful solution , after how many days, solution should be changed?

Seattle, WA(Zone 8b)

I changed mine every 3 days

Okay thank you.I also soaked few MG seeds, these are germinated , now what to do with the germinated seeds of Morning Glory?

Seattle, WA(Zone 8b)

Why plant them of course :-)

Long Beach, CA(Zone 10b)

MG seeds do not transplant well, gumlla. At least in my experience. So I would plant them either in the ground or in a pot where you will want this vine.

Also- I kind of regret some of my MGs that I have planted in the ground. The flowers, everyone of them, will make a seed pod with 2-6 seeds in each one and they can aggressively reseed themselves if you do not remove the pods before they dry. I have MGs on a fence behind my iris and I have to pull them off the iris constantly.

But when they are where you want them, they are beautiful!! : )

It is my first try with MG, You mean after few months there is MGs every where in my garden, its very bad ,it is very difficult to check every seed pod and destroy. Is there easy way to stop more germination ? Because when these will be in my garden then I cannt stop them.

So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

gumlla, I don't think they spread quite that far, and they can be controlled bu just pulling up unwanted plants.

I'd rather have them and deal with unwanted plants than not to have them. Put them on a fence where they can climb, and it at the edge of your garden so you can pull up unwanted plants next year.

darius

Thanks, yes with this metod I can stop spreading MGs.

Long Beach, CA(Zone 10b)

darius- MGs and nasturtium are my biggest problems after nutgrass. Maybe its the birds, but I get MGs in my grassy areas even.

But that is just me so maybe where ya'll live they won't do that for you. : )

I didn't plant these- that is one of my iris bed between the 5 ft fence and the 2ft fence.

Thumbnail by daisyavenue

Michelle

Your MGs are looking very nice on the fence.

Long Beach, CA(Zone 10b)

Thanks, gumlla.

What colors are you going to grow? These are not the nice Japanese kind. They are a mix of light blue, purple, magenta and some white.

So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

Dais, if you had pulled those up as seedlings you wouldn't have mature plants that will leave 1000's of seeds, LOL.

I have had a few in unwanted areas but I find if I pull them up while small, I don't get more seeds in those areas.

I recived the seeds in a trade , as my trading friend, he sent me purple MG seeds. These days I am looking for other colors.

Long Beach, CA(Zone 10b)

I can send you this mix. I think that the white seeds are the white and pale blue so you can sort them- shall I send you an envelope manana? They will be mixed white and black seeds...

(do you know 'manana'? It is Spanish for tomorrow. )

Manana, it is a new name for me. Is it also a vine?

Long Beach, CA(Zone 10b)

LOL!!

No no. Manana ,means tomorrow I send you seeds!!!

I am Mexican, gumlla, and that is a Spanish word. It is night here but I can send you more MG tomorrow/manana, if you like.

What is your word for tomorrow?

(here it also implies an attitude- you know, like ahh, tomorrow I will do it!)

Oh my goodness ; )
Here in our language word for tomorrow is "kal". Okay Thanks
Mr. Sibley still have not received your box.

Long Beach, CA(Zone 10b)

I sent it 3 day priority mail Friday morning and should have received it monday. Let me find my receipt and I will go to the post office tomorrow morning. (its midnight here) Thanks for letting me know. This bothers me.

No dont worry about it, May be he received yesterday or may be today.

Long Beach, CA(Zone 10b)

But I paid for 3 days!!!!! : (

Okay. But please cool down.

Long Beach, CA(Zone 10b)

I am cool--- I have to wait til manana! LOL

You have mail, you did mistake.

Long Beach, CA(Zone 10b)

Not my mistake but its okay. We will get this right nevertheless.

Yes that is my mistake, sorry for both ration.

Long Beach, CA(Zone 10b)

No worries- it should turn up soon and if not we try again!

Otherwise, I will send you seeds directly. And I will note the ZIP for next time.: )

Oh Melord sent back Michelle,s box ............ : (

Long Beach, CA(Zone 10b)

Not to worry, gumlla. Spuria is abundant in southern California!

Postal system is childish and not too good if the post codes don't match but we won't worry about them, right?

Okay.
Thanks

I changed water after every three days, but on checking I found my all the seeds are rotted.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.