MG war thread cont.

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

please??

Crossville, TN

OK Here I am...Thanks, Tig! Jo

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

I dont' envy the judges in this contest, there are some great pictures already posted!

Cedar Key, FL(Zone 9a)

I'm glad you started a new one...I have RR and it even too me a long time to open that thread

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

it took over two minutes for me last time. Hope we can continue and maybe someone can give me some really good advice, cause I lost all mine except the two plants I got from friends at the roundup. I thought these were supposed to be easy??

Westbrook, ME(Zone 5a)

tiG - in your zone you should be able to plant the seeds right in the ground - no need to start them early. Knick and soak them overnight and plant them right out after your last frost date.

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

I think that's where I goofed from the beginning, they were pretty leggy by the time I got them out, and then I couldn't keep them watered like I had indoors. Wasted a lot of really good seeds too.

Cedar Key, FL(Zone 9a)

My big mistake was the soaking...and forgetting them for a week or sooo.....

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

did that too. but most of those still came up.

Crossville, TN

my poor babies are still struggling...going to MAKE them pose for pictures pretty soon...ready or not! Jo

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

tiG, did you kill the chocolate ones too? LOL

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

no, they are still there, but they never grew much. I keep missing picture ops!!

lagrange, GA(Zone 7a)

I made the mistake of trying to start them indoors and when I got them out they were to leggy. Almost as leggy as me. Well the chocolate I got at the roundup is doing good and I misplaced Grandpa Ott and couldn't find him. I had set the little 4 inch cup down in a potted plant and found him a couple of days ago. He came from the roundup also. Well I thought it's not dead so I planted that rascal and two days later it has buds on it. No telling what it would have done if I had planted it earlier. I just hope I get seeds for next year now.

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

I think I have a couple left if you don't. I won't get impatient next time, some things are better just started outside!! who knew?? LOL

Deep South Coastal, TX(Zone 10a)

Jim, wow, those MGs must have been really tall then, lol. I still haven't had any bribes arrive, so guess I'll have to be a fair judge.
CC, I had to keep Jo from taking a pic of your MG when we were there. She's a sneaky one, gotta watch her like a hawk.

"down the Shore", NJ(Zone 7a)

When is the deadline for photos to be entered?

Alfred, ON(Zone 4b)

I have two indoors that I never put out *LOL*
at the beginning they where nice and green, now the lower part is all pale almost no leafs but can you belive the top part is all a small mess and it has buds on it.

I will make a few pictures if it lives, bet it's gonna be one of the uglyest...

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

Zameluzza.......NO fair....I am going for the ugliest!!!

So Poppysue, I guess your planting advice for Miss Tiglet goes for me also?? Plant right in the ground? I planted mine in my brug garden on trellises that are sideways between the brugs. And of course, dumb me, the brugs grew up and out so the MGs got way to much shade. How much sun do they need to flourish?? thanks

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

LOL!! fighting for ugliest title! I could vie for deadest!! I think I was the first to lose most of mine!

Alfred, ON(Zone 4b)

kell *LOL*

mine really look bad, I don't eaven know if they will survive till the buds open *LOL*

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

pictures Carmen, we need proof that it's really that ugly!!

Alfred, ON(Zone 4b)

tig,
I just made some pictures, will post them in a few minutes *LOL*

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

I guess I should post mine, sad that they are, I really have only 1 pot that may grow into something special. The rest are either growing helter skelter or have stopped growing at all! Is it true they like to be neglected?

Is there a category for ugliest group of MGS??

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

I think there is, not sure. one of the contest has an 'ugliest' in it.

Alfred, ON(Zone 4b)

ok I added some *LOL*
hopefully the blooms will be nice :)

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

If there is a tie for that category, then we should send pictures of ourselves and see who wins it.............. LOL!!!

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

oh carmen!!! hon, I love you to death, but honestly?? that might just take the ugliest category!! LOL!!! just kidding, oh heck, I'm not! why didn't you put it outside? you know, if I'd kept mine inside, I'd have given you a run for your money, cause I had some going that same way. So I put them out and they died!!!!!
kell, you have your work cut out!!!

Alfred, ON(Zone 4b)

kell if you're talking about us two and the category ugly, belive me I win *LOL* my hair is almost yellow! bleacht but I did not had the time to dye it blue, pink or red or green *LOL* and now it's been a few weeks and the roots start to show......... belive me I would win that one hehehe

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

no!!!!!!!!! she's talking MG's!!! you aren't ugly, I've seen your picture, and I don't care what color your hair is! I have to go back and look at the rest of your pictures, I got caught up in that first one!

Alfred, ON(Zone 4b)

LOL
tig thanks hehehe,
I did not put it outside because back then the vine was real nice and green *LOL*
then I thought hmmmmmmm maby this will bloom inside. and it looks as it will. it's just the vine is sooooooooo UGLY but I just don't find the heart to cut it down *LOL*

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

Carmen, I have to agree with Bonnie. You might give someone else a run for the title in the MG contest. That poor plant is lucky to be alive... :-)

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

LOL Zameluzza, sure you say that now but when they come to take your picture you will have just gone to the beauty parlor and then I will win hands down and then Dave will post my winning ugly picture for all to see!

Alfred, ON(Zone 4b)

I'm laughing my butt of here *LOL*
first my DH thought I was nuts running around taking pictures at 10.30 pm, now he is speechless because I'm laughing so much.

I just explaind him about the contest and my ugly MG, he started to make suggestions *LOL*

he told me to put some fertilizer in it and that the plant now takes all the energy??? up to the top since there are not many leafs left below. Oh I'm just kranking myself up laughing............

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

it's good to hear you laugh!

Alfred, ON(Zone 4b)

thanks tig,
it feels good. :)

Alfred, ON(Zone 4b)

kell,
I never go to the beauty parlor, my DH always cuts my hair.
and I don't wear makup *LOL*

and if I post a picture of me right after the barn chores....
*LOL*

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

carmen, I do love your last two pictures!!! I never go to the beauty shop either, and you should see me after weeding! yuck! if they ever go to visual web, where you can see me, I'm outa here :0

Alfred, ON(Zone 4b)

Bonnie,
If there will be visual web, I still would be here but with a mask *LOL* or maybe then I would use makup but more like a clown *LOL*

these last two picture where my first MG I grew. some of them still bloom.

the weather is real strange at the moment. we had some real cold nights a few days ago 8 degres celsius doring the night, but now it's hot again.

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

I dont' have any idea what happened to the only ones of mine that were doing anything. I took their picture for the contest and less than a week later they are browning bad and just barely hanging on. They look awful, but I want the seeds, so I'm leaving them. Unfortunately they are in a front bed. We've just started getting cooler nights, so I don't think that's it. They are in a pot, they could be potbound. Hope to do better next year, but it's been fun!!

Alfred, ON(Zone 4b)

so they should not be pot bound?

I really don't know much about MG's but I sure will try again next year.

a friend of mine gave me an old satelite dish, I sah some pictures here and on the net about a gazebo or arbour made out of one, I think I will try that next spring if DH helps me put that thing up.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.