(7 votes, 5%)
Red dot

Other
(6 votes, 4%)
Red dot

Some or all of the above
(36 votes, 29%)
Red dot

I don't like beans (or they don't like me)
(1 votes, 0%)
Red dot

Previous Polls

Spring Hill, FL(Zone 9a)

I grow the Blue Lake variety for string beans. They seem more flavorful than the others.

(Zone 6a)

I like the butter lima beans....but to grow in the garden, the Tenderette is very hard to beat!

Owen

Iola, WI

Lima beans=yuch Any others are great!

Efland, NC(Zone 7a)

Oh lordy, don't get me started. I love them butter beans....but most folks just don't know how to cook em.
Christmas beans/speckled butter beans are my favorites, lotsa flavor! And go with anything! (Even red wine.)

The white beans I love for "southern style pork and beans", with big chucks of seasoned/marinated/lean pork (not that campbells soup type porkandbeans with a piece of fat about the size of a pencil eraser floating in the pan). If ya'll ever tried my best recipe you would lay back in your chaise lounge, look up at the stars and mutter, "ahhhhh...ain't nuthin' better for ya..." as you slowly melted into a restful sleep, happy you got to finally eat a good bowl of beans. ô¿ô

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

DERBY is our favorite for a bush green bean. They are a blue lake type. Produce like crazy & are still good when they get large.
Bernie

(Zone 5a)

Love Black Beans and Navy Beans, I have had enough green beans in my life that I started to get sprouts :}

Jesteburg-Wiedenhof, Germany(Zone 8a)

HUMAN BEANS

I luv em all

Murfreesboro, TN(Zone 7a)

(snorting at Wintermoor's answer...too funny!) In answered "some/all of the above" as I haven't found a bean I don't like, yet.

(And yes, I even LOVE lima beans! Black-eyed peas aren't my favorite legume, but fixed right, they can be pretty tasty.)

Now for all those who have voted and/or disclosed your favorite variety, please go add a comment/rating in the PDB (we have a couple thousand varieties of beans and legumes - if we don't have yours we'll add it as soon as we get over the shock!)

So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

Love beans... most beans, anyway. Can do without Limas, as a rule (except for one great recipe I have) but I do like butter beans!

Favorites: white cannelini, navy, great northern, black turtle, cranberry, red kidney (esp. cold, rinsed and drained, chopped onion, sweet pickle relish, and dressed with plain yogurt and a little mayo added), greek-style black-eyed peas with garlic, olive oil and parsley, garbanzos (hummus!), and on and on... Oh, yes, my very favorite fresh bean is haricots vert... Anyone grow them?

Belfield, ND(Zone 4a)

Green beans are still my favorite, but I like most any beans. The only two I don't really care for are black beans and kidney beans, but I can eat them. I love butter beans!

Sierra Foothills, CA(Zone 8a)

I vote for green beans, though I like most except for limas, but I will eat them, just don't prefer them.

I really don't care for green beans that are from the can (store bought), unless they are the pickled kind. YUM! Nice on salads.

They are really best fresh from the garden. My favorite are the purple podded one that turn green when cooked.

I like black-eyed peas and rice. Mom, Dad and G'mom were from the south.

Chili beans, black or red, welllll they don't like me, but I like them.

(Beans, beans the wonderful fruit.....)

Richmond, KY(Zone 6b)

Hmmmmmm. 56 votes and 11 replies.

How come we don't see most of you over at the legumes forum? If you like beans, that's the place to be.

Poor lima beans - they get no respect. WHY do ya'll not like 'em? (sniff, sniff)

Maybe I'm just weird (no comments), but I've always - I think - really liked limas. They can be cooked until just tender or cooked to mush and I still like 'em :)

Brook, maybe this voting booth will get more folks interested in the legumes forum...

This message was edited Tuesday, Aug 27th 9:33 PM

Biel, Switzerland(Zone 7a)

Go_vols..I love Lima beans and Butter beans!!!! I can find them here,though,so I stock up when I go home(or my mom sends me a few bags,lol). Actually,I love all beans..haven't tried those human ones yet Wintermoor.
Gwist

North Vancouver, BC(Zone 8a)

Lima, Fava, Butter, yellow string beans, and chi-chi(Garbanzos)..yummy in the tummy! Elaine

Black-eye peas and ham hocks! MMmmmm! I tell you, I should have been born in The South! Collards! Yum! Hush puppies & catfish! ...Although I do like the way Mom makes the yard long beans with the asian "black bean" sauce, I still think I'm a black-eye peas and ham hocks kinda girl!

Lake Toxaway, NC(Zone 7a)

KiKi Blue Lakes are almost flavorless compared to white half-runners

There's two I like a lot that I don't see mentioned. I like yellow-eyed beans and white acre peas.

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

I love butter beans. Could eat them till they come out of my ears. Especially when they are just picked and I eat them raw with bread and cheese. Or in a lovely Italian salad with raw onions, tomatoes and capers and a good olive oil. Not forgetting the crusty bread for dipping!! And minestrone wouldn't be the same without them!! I just can't live without them. My next fav is the small garden peas and then the string beans. Love em all really. Not a beanie baby but you could call me beaniegrannie!! :-)

Mansfield, MO(Zone 6b)

Hi,
Yardlongs, asparagus beans and cow peas (all the same species) are the favorite here...all easy and tasty...

Jere

Efland, NC(Zone 7a)

(Ya'll are making me HONGRY!)
And now that we are finally getting some rain my Christmas beans are filling out! Probably one nite, or two, ya'll won't see me much...I'll be sitting on the deck, happily shelling away!)

Perrysburg, OH(Zone 5a)

White-half runners are my favorite!!

New Iberia, LA(Zone 9a)

Love all most our favorite is Red Kidney beans and White navy beans.

sounds like darius should have a very healthy colon, lol

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.