anyone up for spring secret trade?

Springfield, MA(Zone 6a)

count me in.... oh i love secret trades, that are not so secret. :) my plants are still newbies, and i know i'm a newbie gardener. i still not sure about weeds. :)

Gulfport, MS(Zone 8a)

count me in too, tig..ill email with info : )

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

guys, I really like what debi did, she made a list of wants for the secret trade. Any kind of want list can help your trader, you might list something they might have and not think of!!! No promises of what you'll get, but it couldn't hurt!!!

Kittanning, PA

Email sent!
SYR

Kingston, GA(Zone 7b)

Hello tiG---I am not real sure how you do this kind of swap but count me in. I have sent you an email. Thanks for doing this--it sounds like it will be fun. :)
P.S. Azalea talked me into this--she said it was easy and that even I could do this. HeeHeeHee

Belfield, ND(Zone 4a)

I'm not going to be able to do this one, since our spring is so darned late. My stuff is just starting to break ground. Is there usually more later on during the summer or early fall?

Clearfield, PA(Zone 5a)

I would like to be in on this, I'm new to Dave's Gardens but I have been gardening for over ten years! Am I a newbie???

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

you have mail. So everyone will know what I've said, I'm really hoping that this can be more than just a secret trade. I'd love for those of us with established gardens to be generous in helping new gardeners get their gardens going where next year, they will have lots to divide and fill in their beds with. Of course, it's still a trade at the same time:)

Springfield, MA(Zone 6a)

tig,
thanks. i originally started that list for myself. i run across such beautiful plants and of course i can't have them all at once, even though i want too. :)
debi z

tiG, if it's not too late, I will join your plant trade. I'm not such a old gardener, (old person, newer gardener - LOL), but I think I have plenty to trade with a newbie. So put me down for old - if it's not too late. Apologies for jumping in late...it's been a really bad time at our house. Thanks...

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

not near too late :) plenty of time left!!! thanks

Chipley, FL(Zone 8a)

tiG,

I think I would like to join this. I think I am a new one since I haven't been doing this long. Don't have much but can put together a few things.

Dee

Kentwood, LA(Zone 8b)

Hi tiG,
count me in also.I guess I can be old too. Does age count?LOL.

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

no, age doesn't count!!! LOL! Dee, you're new, bee, you're old (just in the garden dear!)

Belfield, ND(Zone 4a)

Sheesh! I'm still reading this thread, and willing my plants to grow faster. When is the mail out date gonna be? I'm still not committing, but thinking more seriously about it all the time. I'm a very definite gardening newbie, so if you need more newbies, I might try it. I'm still scared though. I wouldn't want to disappoint someone. Also, is it okay to buy some plants to finish filling out their box if I don't have enough?

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

Joan, do you think you could do it by the 18th? are you an oldie or a newbie? cause i could probably fix you up with someone in your zone and the dates should work for both of you.

Belfield, ND(Zone 4a)

By newbie, do you mean new to gardening or new to DG? I'm a newbie to gardening, that's for sure. Just started flower gardening last summer. I joined DG last August, so I don't know it that's a newbie or not. I can mail out by the 18th too. That shouldn't be a problem.

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

new to gardening. if you can do it by the 18th, then consider yourself in!!!

Belfield, ND(Zone 4a)

Great, I guess I just took the plunge. I'll do my best. I've never done this before. When do we find out who we are sending to?

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

I'll send out names on the 9th. Start putting together in your mind things you have to send, and then when you get the name you can check their list on their trade page and see if they mention something else that you might have :)
Also, I mentioned before perennials and greenhouse perennials or houseplants, but annuals as a bonus would probably be nice if they are big enough too!!

Belfield, ND(Zone 4a)

Thanks tiG for holding my hand through this decision period. What are greenhouse perennials?

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

tropicals,etc. things that will live a long time, but aren't hardy. anyone wanting to get an idea of how some of the previous trades went can put "secret trade" in the search box, and see some of the others.

Morris, IL(Zone 5b)

Guess you can count me in too! I believe I would be in the oldtimer category.

I want in to. this will be fun :)

Bloomingdale, NJ(Zone 6a)

I want in too-Did this last year and it was lots of fun!!

Villa Rica, GA(Zone 7a)

O Goody tiG, sounds like alot is joining us on this! I can't wait!! This is going to be soo much fun!!

dobie, ON(Zone 3a)

OKAY TIG COUNT ME IN
WILL SEND YOU MY INFO.

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

is anyone having such bad weather that mailing by the 18th is a problem??? if so, I can match up those that want to do it a bit later.

This message was edited Monday, May 6th 2:10 AM

The 18th is fine for me. You need to get some sleep :-)...

Villa Rica, GA(Zone 7a)

date is fine with me, but then again you know my weather hee hee

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

tig I would love to join in but only been at this house for under a year and nothing much to divide!! Next time I hope!!

Lincoln City, OR(Zone 9a)

tiG, count me in! I am a relative newbie to turf gardening but have been ponding for several years. Thanks for all the work that this entails. Lani

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

sign up ends tonight at 10 pm. I'll be matching up traders after that and will have names to everyone by Thursday.

Buffalo, WV(Zone 7a)

OK, count me in. I guess I'm more of a newbie than long-timer this is my second summer gardening. I have alot of beds yet to fill :~) Sending you an email tiG.

Lana

Greenfield, IN(Zone 5b)

thanks again for organizing this, tiG. I can't wait!!!

By the way, I updated my "want" list. I never thought of doing that for the trade! (duh!)

"down the Shore", NJ(Zone 7a)

Hi tiG,

Hey it's 10:49, is that still okay?

John

Villa Rica, GA(Zone 7a)

awww man tiG you gotta let John in on it...I might want him to have my name hee hee J/K

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Hey tiG, if you were to stretch this to midnight, I could squeeze in too. :) Whatcha think?? I'll be old or new or whatever you need, just give me somebody with a wish list! LOL Okay, I have plants to share. :)
Michele

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

waited til midnight, John and Chele, you're in. thanks everyone, I'll send an email by Thursday morning. I really appreciate all of you trusting me to do this right!! LOL!!

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Giggle, looks like I sneaked in in the nick of time! I will be awaiting my assignment. :)

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.