Clematis Montana Rubens

Norwich, Norfolk, United Kingdom

Some of you on this site have expressed an interest on cuttings of Montana Rubens which I have. I would, of cause like to share my plant with as many of you as possible, so could somebody tell me when the best time is to take cuttings.
I've had a look on the Rooting Database that Bloomer suggested, but this is American.

Would the time of year be the same for Great Britain?
If it is, my clematis still looks dormant, can i take cuttings now?

Please somebody tell me, i'd hate you all to miss out on your goodies!! lol

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

Daisy, you won't be able to send the cuttings to the States - unless someone knows different :-)

No, they dont like it, US costoms dont like it at all, the plants will be destroyed and the sender and reciever will get a letter, the reciever may even get a bit of grief for it too.

Alan.

Norwich, Norfolk, United Kingdom

Still, it would be nice to share it with my UK friends.

Weymouth, Dorset, United Kingdom(Zone 9a)

daisy

these seed readily, in fact mine came up in between my patio slabs all by themselves. i potted up 50 odd last year, most went to my daughters school sale.cuttings are done internodally, just cut pieces off and cut half way between leaves,(not like normal cuttings) i stick about 5 in a pot. mines just come out in flower now, looks fab.I,ve put in a montana elizabeth last year too, that gone mad, and is about to flower. I love clematis, i grow some from seed.

sue

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.