Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

Special diet is on the cards right now. Sometimes I think that others see me as a bit of a wimp because of the way I am with my animals. Patty I feel the hurt you must have gone through, but I think you are better equipped to handle the situation because you do see things more realistically and more often on a farm. I couldn't be a vet for instance because I'm too soft. I cry when I see the animals and deer that are killed on our roadways. I cry when I hear of the cruelty and pain that cats and dogs endure. I was standing outside our local supermarket waiting for DH and there was this man with a dog and the dog had on a parka and a scarf and I remarked how much warmer the dog must feel because it was bitterly cold at the time. The man went on to tell me how his mother-in-law had two dogs and never let them inside for warmth even when the thermometer dropped below zero. The dane froze to death standing up and the smaller dog was blind, riddled with rheumatism and was tied to a tree. Well - that did it for me! Cried all the way home and thought about it for days after. Wish I had asked him where she lived - I might have been able to do something about it. I have posted a photo of my cats, take a look see. It was taken just before I flew them to the US. The big boy is brother to Brandy (in the middle) and my stray is my angelic Patch. :-)

[ Removed per member request. - Admin]

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

Is there a good movie on the tv tonight ?, were did everyone go ?.

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

Where were YOU!!!

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

I'm here, but not for long :-) Lisa

Hello ladies, what happening your end then,

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

I know what you mean Lisa - I've had an emotionally exhausting day and will be hitting the sack pretty soon.

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

Hi Alan, not to much going on tonight. The little one just informed me she was ready to go nite nite soon. It turned out to be a chilly day today. Stayed in the mid 50's but the wind was blowing and it made it feel colder than it was. Lisa

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

I'm sick of the cold. I want to feel the warmth on my face again!

Lisa, mid fiftys, thats summer compared to what we have, its been about 36f all day, it 29f now, cold.

Alan.

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

I don't think the postings are not working tonight. I click on to the main page and it says No to new postings and when I go to the UK page there is a new posting (and vice versa). Did you notice this?

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

ouch! That is cold! We hardly get that cold in the winter here! Well, this year we did. Had lots of cold weather this year. I don't like the cold, I don't know how folks can live in all that snow...I guess you learn to! Although I would like to see snow, never really seen the stuff...funny huh. LIsa

Yes, i have found that a lot actualy, the system is not quite fast enough to keep up with us.

Alan.

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

OK ignore me!!!...lol I'm off to bed to snuggle up with my 'big' cat and get cost. Night Lisa, Alan - Sleep well.

cost???? cosy more like......lol

This message was edited Tuesday, Mar 20th 10:40 PM

oi, i havent ignored you, i am just trying to keep up, i dont type as fast as you.

Alan.

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

Nity Nite Louisa, talk to you in the morning! Pleasent dreams...don't worry about your kitty too much. Night Alan and Spikeyjo where ever you are!!! :-) I will talk to ya'll tomorrow! Take care all! Lisa

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

OK - You're forgiven - Talk tomorrow!

Lisa, they have talked about snow here tonight, dont think it will fall in the part though,to cold.

Alan.

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

It is not supposed to snow in the spring! LOL! Lisa

Its not supposed to be this cols either, spring is still a word from the past at the moment, the weather here has been really bad for a year or so now, has it been different over your side.

Alan.

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

Yes, much more colder than usual. I grow lots of tropicals in the yard and they all took a beating this year. They will come back, but it is taking awhile...well, I really gotta go now, the little one is getting grumpy, she likes me to put her to sleep. Good night England! This is fun! Lisa

Good night Lisa, speak to you later, for me, tomorrow for you.

Alan.

Good morning all, what a night that was ! Went out on the town, saw a couple of bands and whizzed around Leeds (my that's been tarted up) until the wee small hours ! It was COLD !! It's snowing now and the forecast says it will only get worse so I guess I can wave goodbye to my newly planted seedlings etc (sulk).

Louisa - I don't think you're a softy about animals, the whole point about having animals is that we don't own them, we have them sharing our home life as part of the family. It hurts when a human member of the family dies or is ill, why should anyone think it odd if we hurt when an animal member of the family is hurting ?

Alan : don't you know that if you say that snow never settles where you are then the powers that be will ensure that you will immediately be smothered in 3 feet of the stuff ? Shame on you for tempting fate !

Lady G Thumbs : yes snow is a 4 letter word, you're right there. Funny thing is when I lived in the Alps and we wanted snow "thaw" was the worst 4 letter word ! :)

Jo

Well Jo, its snowing, but not as much as the rest of you are getting it, its been snowing for four hours now and its still only a 1/2" covering, we really dont get it as bad as the rest of you, but, there is always that tempting fate thing !.

Alan.

Well I'm going to be suffering soon - I have to turn this machine off and go catch a train and I'll not be able to log on until next week when I get back. Looking forward to seeing family etc but will suffer withdrawal symptoms for sure. I wonder if Cyber Cafes are expensive, I've never sen one let alone gone into one ?
If I don't talk to you before , everyone have a nice week and I'll see you next week.

Hugs

Jo

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

Jo, hello, have a nice trip! I just woke up and signed on. Don't know if you've left yet...Lisa

Bye Jo, have a nice time, train, you may get home in a day or two, lol.

Alan.

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

Morning Alan, how is life across the big pond today?

Morning Lisa, i wish you lot over there wouldnt keep rubbing it about spring, it still cold and snowing, although it all but thawed out here now, not much left, but spring is a swear word from you lot at the moment Lol, we did have a little tast of it last week, but only for two or three days, then winter came and kicked it out again.

How are you this morning, i know the weathers good, i read you post about it, lucky Lisa, have you decided were to go with your plane ticket yet ?.

Alan.

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

Hey Patty! I don't think our friend is mad at 'cha...:-). No, Alan, we can't decide where to go with our ticket. It does not have an expiration date, so we can take our time to decide. Lisa

Patty, you would have to be really offensive for me to take a bite back, thicked skinned lol, i have noticed that some people your side are a bit sarky to us britts, but havent noticed it to much on this site yet, better class of people i think, i hope it stays that way too.

Lisa, you waiting for the summer, then decide ?.

Alan.

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

No Alan, it will be in the fall/early winter. My husband and I run a small landscaping service and he is very busy this time of the year. Works sun up to sun down, almost 7 days a week. So our travel will be in the late fall/early winter. Lisa

So you will go somewhere the sun is still shinning eh.

Alan.

See you later, i am not supposed to be here now, late for an appointment, oops.

Alan.

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

We both love the tropics. Cozumel, Mexico is one of our favorite places to go. But Southwest Airlines stays in the USA only. (sigh) so we have to travel within this area. We have some friends in Michigan that we would like to visit. We would go there in the winter to see the snow. I would like that. I never played in the snow before. Lisa

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

nope, just don't have it here. One time it snowed, but it didn't stick. :-( . I remember it looked like popcorn falling from the sky. I would love to have a snowball fight or slide down a hill or something...hey, what am I talking about, the only hills I have here are ant hills! LOL! Lisa

Sounds as if our Lisa is in for a treat, and a shock.

Alan.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.