Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

How ya' doing today? Lisa

Hello, back from lurking in the wings then, i'm ok, how about you.

Alan.

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

great! Weather is beautiful this morning. Loads of sunshine, about 52 degrees..don't know what that amounts to in ya'll conversion. LIsa

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

gotta run, the little one just woke up! I'll check in later..Lisa

well the sunshine here too, the only differnece is, it only about 39* out there, looks warmer than it is, but its nice sitting here at the moment, with the sun in the window, how old is your little one, is it B or G.

Alan.

Well aren't you the lucky one, Alan - a whole thread for you!

I was going to do a bit of sorting in the garden in the lovely sunshine, but after I'd done the rounds of the seed pots and went to get some water, I was a bit discouraged by the ice on top, so I've come back in.

How are your frogs?

Hello Mary
Yes right Royal honor that that is, lol, yes it still freezing in the shade here, i am haveing a lazy day, staying put.

the frogs have done there bussines, just a few males left trying to get hopeful, not as noisy now, just as well, there was about sixty of them just in the small pond, i have no idea how many were in the big one, made hell of racket though.

Alan.

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

Good morning (afternoon, evening?) Alan and England. It's a gorgeous, cool morning here, but expecting it to get cooler again - (not fair)!! The trees are sending out their hues of green and red and the countryside is awakening to the heralds of Spring. I love it!!

Stop rubbing it please, we are still waiting for that.

Alan.

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

I think 52F is about 10/11 centigrade. It's still quite cold Alan!

not as cold as it is here thank you, its about 4/5 now, 37-39 your side, bit of diffence.

Alan.

Alan, can I stick a message on your thread?

I know you have your e-mail at another.com. So do I. I appear to have sent an e-mail from another.com with spam added to it. It got sent back, with a Failure Notice, but it looks as if it got added on at another.com. Maybe that's what their technical problem was a few days ago, but they haven't solved it yet?

I could be wrong (I don't know much about the technical stuff), but I've posted a message on the Computer Forum, so someone's bound to be able to explain it over there.

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

>>>how old is your little one, is it B or G.<<<<
A little girl-3years old, she is my sweetie pie.

Norwich, Norfolk, United Kingdom

Hi JustmeLisa, Ive got a little girl of 3 aswell. Mine shows apsolutely no intrest what so ever in gardening. Everytime i tell her im going in the garden, she comes out with "what, again mummy!" cheeky little thing, anybody'd think I spent all day out there.......who me!!!!

Mary, i have had problems with it too, some mail i now has been sent sat & sun still hasnt arrived, and i have just had two out going mails sent back too, i dont know whats going on there.

Lisa, daisy- chain, thats the best age, but also one of the worst, they are now starting to learn, and boy do they learn, lol, and we now you dont spend the whole day in the garden, halfs in this garden, smile.

Alan.

Sorry forgot to ask, what are there names.

Alan.

Mines called "My Little Monkey"

Hi all - when mine were little they were sometimes called "sit down" , sometimes "be quiet" and sometimes "aaah, bless !"
Never seemed to have the same name twice.

Jo

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

I call mine 'sweet pea'and 'what are you doing?/where are you at?':-)Lisa

So where's Alan today ?

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

I dunno...Alan, where are youuuuuuuu???Lisa

IIIIMMMMMM BBBBaaaack.

Alan.

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

Morning..or is it afternoon? Lisa

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

I wondered what happened to you Alan. Been to the pub eh?

No, some where else, but seems to have the same effect as the pub, had rathere a lot of sleep yesterday.

Alan.

Fredericksburg, VA(Zone 7a)

Just popping in to say Hi Alan. My, it looks like you're quite popular here. Do you have any warm weather to share? It's cool and overcast here; some first day of spring.

Later (Mr.) greenthumbs.

Hello welcome to my palace, lol, (courtesy of our good friend Lisa), i wish i did have some warm weather, it was another very hard frost last night and its still freezing now, that word spring keeps coming up, wish the weather would catch on real quick too.

Alan.

Final message 'cos I'm late for school now - SNOW tonight (ouch) so spring has been postponed indefinitely. Bi for now all.

Jo

Fredericksburg, VA(Zone 7a)

Spikeyjo, SNOW is a four-letter word. LOL

Snow, again, might not get any here, it seems to go over us, last two lots we have had in the UK, we didnt get any of the first fall, and none to speak about in the second, for our US friends, i live in a very flat basin, bellow sea level, and for some reason snow goes over us most of the time, so we dont get much of it, but when we do the roads, feilds, river, diches evrything disapears, dangerouse then, but the last time that happened was 1981, frost is the big problem here, low ground, it sits here for days on end some times, but it freezing outside right now, the wind feels like its going to cut you.

Alan.

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

Its going to be cold here again too. Almost as much cold as I'm feeling inside right now. My cat is ill and I feel sick to the stomach!

Middlesbrough, United Kingdom

Hello Louisa!! I know you were worried about taking your cats to get their teeth seen to. Is one of them poorly? I like cats. My sister has 7 and always worries when one of them isn't well. She and justmeLisa would get on like a house on fire I think. Pat can't resist a helpless animal, neither can her husband.

AJC, did you have to talk up the subject of us missing out on the snow?
HAVE YOU SEEN THE LATEST FORECAST, if not, I implore you to do so, LOL,
coz i think spring may well have to be postponed here too.

[ Removed per member request. - Admin]

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

Patty, he was supposed to have his teeth cleaned today but after the blood test it was cancelled. He has acute kidney disease. First they thought he was going blind, then hypertension, now it appears he had traumatic bleeding behind the eye. Now this! I know he's 14 but he's been with me since he was a baby and it's so hard. Anyway I have to be positive but his treatment is going to cost an arm and a leg! We have gone through nearly $1,000 since November. Now he has to have a special diet, have injections every third day to put back fluids because he's dehydrating. I want the best for him but the cost is immense. Now he has to have X-rays and ultrasound to see if there is cancer or something else. I wish there was a way that animals would just go quietly, if they have to go at all and with as little pain as possible. Thanks for asking Patty :-)

Louisa, my heat goes out to you. I've been in your predicament before and it's so difficult to know what to do for the best. Let us know how how he gets on, I'm rooting for him.
Daisy

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

Louisa, I am so sorry..I just read your post. I really know what you are going through. I lost one old girl to kidney problems. She was 20 years old. I am sorry...Lisa

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

Hey if I look on the bright side (and I must) maybe with good medical treatment and MORE love my darling will live till 20 like yours Lisa. :-) Thanks for your concern kindred spirits!

Middlesbrough, United Kingdom

Hello Louisa! One of my sister's cats had kidney problems. The vet managed to help him for quite a long time. I think he had to go on a special diet. That might be worth checking on. I nursed my father through kidney disease as well. Diet is very important. I know you love your cat and I'm sorry you're going through this.

[ Removed per member request. - Admin]

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.