Morning Glories 2024 # 01

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

We came from here http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1560429
Pics from Aug 2019
# 5 cha cha maru

This message was edited Jan 19, 2024 1:03 PM

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Thanks for the new thread Jackie.
Beautiful blooms you posted.

Thanks Linda.
It was past time for a new thread, just swamped here with chores.

No problem.

We've been in the deep freeze here for several days. I know many of you have been as well. It was all I could do to feed the strays I feed every day and the wild birds,
keep my greenhouse warm and my family too,. Our heat had gone out 2 weeks ago, so glad we got it fixed before the snow and bitter cold arrived.

It's been so cold here. Some nights was -22. Today it got up to 58.

Oh my gosh Linda. I can not imagine - 22. Still below freezing here for another 2 days.

Gautier, MS

Beautiful blooms at the start of this thread Jackie. It's been pretty cold here too, I think most of my plants outside have a good freeze on them. My plants in gh are ok and a got a lot of seedlings inside doing good. Can't wait till spring.

Thanks Helena.
By March, we should start having a few nice days and so spring won't be far behind,.
Glad you're seedlings are doing good Helena.,
I want to grow the Abutilons again, so getting ready to order seeds.
I've been missing my yellow ochracea blooms, keep forgetting my camera

Finally remembered my camera.
Yellow ochracea My oxalis was blooming but didn;t get a good pic.

This message was edited Jan 21, 2024 3:16 PM

Thumbnail by patootie

That color is beautiful.

Gautier, MS

Beautiful ocheacea bloom Jackie. Is the bloom big, when I grew it, the blooms were disappointing small.

Thanks Linda and Helena
Helena, the size varies from 2 and 1/2 inches across to 3 inches across

Yesterday my ochracea had 4 lovely blooms but i didn;t have my camera and the g house floor is flooded from days and days of rain.

Sorry to hear about the flooding. Hope you don't lose any plants.

I don't think I lost any plants Linda but quite a few of them got the best drink they've had in a long time, lol

Gautier, MS

That's a good size for the ochracea blooms Jackie. Mine were a lot smaller, I still have seeds though in my refrig if I decide to grow it again. Good thing about the rain that all the plants outside get watered. I've been getting my salvias and mgs into bigger pots. Had to take some of the salvias to the gh cuz I'm running out of room inside.
March can't come soon enough, we still have cold days in Feb.

Glad you're getting some repotting and chores done Helena. I need to.
Yes more cold days in Feb. Looking forward to the warmer days of March.

What's with all these scammers??

Gautier, MS

Well, it's cold again here. I did get more of my seedlings into bigger pots yesterday. Still not done yet.

I'm trying to get some early spring cleaning done. I'm way behind in the chores we always put off but don't really feel much like doing it.

Linda, please be careful with your personal info. We won't even answer phone calls here from unknown numbers. Sometimes hubby does thinking it's one of the g kids,
opening us up to a barrage of scam calls.

I don't click on links at all. Someone posted on here and another group I am in. Click here for vacations. Click here for... about 4 different ones.
Melody graciously took care of them.

Gautier, MS

I think I get a few calls that are scams but I hang up as soon as I can, then I block them.
For the most part I finished getting my mgs and salvias into bigger pots for now. I think I have forty three mgs going, some are highest I hope. I'm using living room desk by window, laundry room and spare den. I might end up getting some in gh.

Thumbnail by helenahkh

Linda, glad Melody was able to help you.
Helena that's wonderful that you have so many mg's going and they're
very healthy looking seedlings
Looking forward to your blooms, mine were very disappointing this past year.
When I pick out 1 seed from a packet, you never know what that seed will produce, often deformed blooms or blooms that are nowhere as pretty as the original bloom from that same packet, smh

This message was edited Jan 29, 2024 12:11 PM

My pink blooming Oxalis in the floor of the g house.
Ochracea with buggy leaves.

NOTE EDITED TO SAY I CAN NOT ANSWER LINDAS POST
BUT COULD EDIT THIS POST ABOVE HERS
IS IT JUST MY COMPUTER ????

This message was edited Feb 1, 2024 2:04 AM

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Oh my. Those are all beautiful plants.

Thanks Linda, as if we haven't been unable to post for almost 3 weeks

Gautier, MS

Glad we are back to normal, I hope.

Oh boy. About time they fixed this.

Gautier, MS

Right Linda. After 2 days with frost we are finally maybe going to have a few days with warmer weather.
It was beautiful today, I put a lot of my seedlings outside to get sun.

Can't wait to see your beautiful blooms.

We've had 70's for a few days now. Glad you're finally getting some warm temps Helena.

Gautier, MS

Me too. I'm trying to clean up the flower pots of weeds and rearrange them. Still getting other seedlings into bigger pots. I'm noting that I get tired after short periods. It might take me forever to do it all.

I don't have much energy anymore either. The older we get, the worse that's going to get, lol Helena, I could have had covid sometime in the past leaving me with long covid. My fatigue is pretty bad. But every time I got checked for covid, it always came back negative

I totally agree with running out of energy the older we get.
Waiting on doctor to get me scheduled for knee surgery. Always seems to be hurry up and wait.

Hope you can get that done soon Linda so you can start the healing process.
I think dreading it is worse than the actual surgery..

My knee has been bad for years and getting worse. It gives out a lot. Time to get it fixed.

Linda, let us know when you hear something. Wonder how long they will keep you
in the hospital?

I am going to call the doctor Monday, I have to go through 6 weeks of physical therapy first, then surgery can be scheduled. So it will be at least 2 months probably.

Gautier, MS

Hope all goes well Linda. That is a long time for recovery, a long healing process.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.