Morning Glories 2023 #03

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

Thanks Linda, I love that one too.and my hot pink blooms. One bloom opened today, very plain and lackluster, don't know what it's supposed to be. I didn't even bother to take pics.

This message was edited Jul 15, 2023 1:24 AM

Gautier, MS

All pretty blooms Jackie.
I'm getting mostly repeat blooms. Waiting on my new vines to make buds.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh
(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Helena, those are beautiful.

We don't mind your repeat blooms Helena. Your blooms have been extra lovely this year... My hor pink blooms every day and the very light bloom I can't identify,. None of the new ones opening yet, they're nit getting enough sun.
# 1 a definite blue cast to this one
Pink Tie Dye
A white blooming Begonia. This would be huge if I give it a bigger pot. This was a gift from Butch McDole b4 he became Pres of the ABS

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Same mg blooms, wish a new bloom would open.
2 new gingers opened bigger today.
a purple/lavender and a white, the white one is making new growth

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Jackie, all those blooms are so beautiful.
I haven't seen any ginger plants for sale here.

Linda, I first purchased these in July at Lowes so if you have a Lowes store close by,, you might see them offered soon.They go dormant in the winter and I give them one drink per month so they doin't shrivel. They don;t need normal watering while dormant. I love gingers, I miss my Dancing Lady ginger I need to look for one.

Thanks for the information. I will keep an eye out for them.

Linda, I meant I purchased them in July several years ago. I haven't seen them offered for sale recently. Lowes has most likely changed who they buy most of their plants from..

Gautier, MS

Pretty blooms Jackie. I like your ginger blooms. I have at least 2different ones. One has orange flowers the other white. Both are planted in the ground, my orange ones have multiplied since I cleared the area, they are happier.
I'm waiting on my new vines, the leaves are looking a lot better than my earlier ones. But still getting repeat blooms.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Thanks for posting Helena. Repeats are still beautiful.

Yes we don't mind repeats Helena. Those are lovely. I hope
something new opens for me soon, so far I'm very disappointed with my blooms.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda and Jackie.
It happens Jackie, I was disappointed withe the leaves from my earlier blooms. Those tiny little bugs just did a good number on them. I'm hoping they won't go after my new vines.

Beautiful pink blooms Helena.

Lovely pink blooms Helena. That last bloom almost looks like a Choc Silk, very pretty.
I had something new today, I'll send it tomorrow..

I had a couple of new blooms today,. One looks like the flaked Pres Bush I first had last yr. the pollinators did the deed. Kosmic Kell returned and I don't have a clue to this first bloom, opened yesterday Today I had one that looked similar but it has 6 or 7 bars, the one from yesterday only had 5 bars, smh

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

I Editing out the double post. My computer slow to respond .making me think the post didn't go

This message was edited Jul 22, 2023 10:34 AM

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

My hot pink blooms from yesterday were each over 5 and 1/2 inches across.
I don't know what the next 3 might be, tangled vines and missing tags.
The last 2 might be on the same vine, I can't tell.

Beautiful blooms Jackie. Glad you are getting new blooms open.

Thanks Linda. So happy to have new blooms. I se a tag that could belong to my unknown blooms, China Doll. Not to mention her blooms can vary. so while some of my unknown blooms are different, they could all be china doll.

This small hot pink is coming off the vine that says from a cross from tree mg # 2
which was a gift from Dana's plants years ago.
# 2 could be China doll on the right and a small plain Pres bush on the left
Still don't know what these light colored blooms are

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Jackie, they are all stunning. Named or not.

Thanks Linda, thought I had responded but just lost track.
More blooms today but all just plain,. So disappointing but at least I am getting a few blooms,

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Those plain colors are very beautiful.

Thanks Linda

Gautier, MS

Beautiful blooms Jackie, I'm glad you are getting all these new blooms.
I had to untangled a few vines today before it got really bad. Mostly repeat blooms still.

Helena, those blooms are absolutely beautiful.

Just found out a few days ago my sister has terminal cancer, as has been sent home on hospice. This is news to everyone. She had no clue she had cancer. So I will be flying home to Michigan Saturday. I will spend a week there. Going to be hard thing to do.

Lovely blooms Helena.
Linda, so sorry to hear this news. You and I have both had a rough year so far
The bad news just keeps coming for both of us. Prayers for your sister and her family.

Thank you. Sending prayers for you as well.

I love this blue bloom. There are 3 of these all very similar, one has variegated lvs.
The other 2 don;t., The name escapes me for now..
I do like these light colored blooms.
A pattern on the border
Pres bush with the small hot pink
No clue on this one

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda and Jackie.
I'm sorry to hear about your sister Linda, praying too for her and her family. Seems illnesses and cancer is all over. Always sad.
Beautiful blooms Jackie.
Here's a few of mine.

Thanks Linda.
Gorgeous blooms Helena. # 5 reminds me of Lavender Mist..

You both have awesome blooms. Thanks for posting them.
Thanks for your prayers.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda and Jackie.
That lavender was a mist but today's bloom had stripes and reminds me of lav. chiffon.

Helena, more lovely blooms from you today. I think I had planted either a Mist or Chiffon. It may be one of my unrecognized blooms. Love the color of your bloom on the end with the dark pink petals.
So hot here, I can't stand to go out and water.

This message was edited Jul 30, 2023 9:43 AM

This 1st bloom looks like Pink Silk. I do remember planting either Pink or Lav Silk
A few others

Both of you have such beautiful blooms. Love that dark pink also.

Thanks Linda.
Today Kosmic kell made a color block bloom.
No sign of even one bud on my vines out back in the tub. I did plant those last
except for the purps already coming up there.

Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda and Jackie.
Beautiful blooms Jackie. I like your pink silk and the block on kosmic Kelli.
It was nice where this morning. I got a bunch of seedlings into bigger pots. But still have 9 more to go on another day.

Gorgous blooms Helena. so glad you have more vines coming along. This yr has been a total bust for me.
Hubby so weak that he can;t prepare my g house for winter and Fall will be here b4 you know it. I'm looking fir a smaller g house that I can winterize myself and place it closer to the house. That way I don;t have so far to go in case of sleet, snow and other'challenges.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.