Morning Glories 2023 #02

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

I potted up 3 more mg's and 1 pot of blue pea vine, Clitoria
This is strange, my lily made all white blooms last yr and now it;s making lav and white.blooms. Thats so weird The bugs are feasting on it. damaging the blooms.

Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie and Linda.
Pretty Lily Jackie. I don't think we'll ever be rid of the bugs. Same bugs this year on my mgs leaves, I had snails munching on them too.
But I'm pleased with most of my blooms. Some were disappointing unexpected seed mixed with named ones.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh
Gautier, MS

Some more blooms.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh
(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Beautiful lily Jackie. Strange how thry change colors.

Helena, you morning glories are so pretty.

Thanks girls, very strange that it's finally changing colors.
Your blooms are just unbelievable Helena. Lovely blues. pinks, and purples

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie and Linda.
We had good rain last night. Good blooms today too.

Oh my goodness. Those are beautiful Helena.

Very pretty blooms Helena and some of the best to bloom in recent years. I'm really enjoying them. I know mine wont be as striking but I'll be happy to have any blooms.

So excited here, had my eye procedure Tuesday and I can see 80 % clearer... The difference in my vision is like night and day, so happy.

That's awesome Jackie.
Did you have Lasix surgery?

Linda, no, I had laser surgery to remove the scar tissue from when I got my new lens implant on my left eye. In time, the scar tissue will build up in my right eye too. that lens was replaced a few yrs after the left eye was done. I just sat in a chair while the Dr zapped the scar tissue. So easy,, it took 15 to 20 seconds

Wow, glad it worked for you.

Wish I had done it sooner.. The real test will come when its night time and raining,,
That is always the worst time for me to drive. Hoping that will be much improved!!

Praying it works for you.
It's been a long time since I have been able to drive at night.

Lots of people have told me the same thing Linda As we get older, everything just starts wearing out including our eyes, :-(

Gautier, MS

Glad you can see better Jackie.
Glad you got your last mgs into pots. I still have new ones to pot up. We had lots of rain last couple of days so more mosquitoes out.

Helena, those are so beautiful.
Mosquitoes are terrible here in Amarillo Texas too.

Those are beyond pretty Helena, #'s 1 and 3 are especially lovely.
I still have a few more to pot up Helena and hardly any time to do it.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie and Linda. One was DFNM, 3rd China doll a bit chewed up and damaged. Still have 11 more seedlings to pot up. I see lots of seedlings sprouting in the ground from my vines where I failed to get to the seeds on time. Still getting lots of rain, summer showers.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

More beautiful mg's Helena.. I;m going to plant a few of my seedlings that don;t look so good in the tub out back My outside cats have been using the tub as a litter box, smh Hope it doesn;t kill my mg's. I tried to remove some of the foul dirt but know I didn't get it all,.Trying to get the healthier ones in individual pots.

My pandy opened yesterday but I waited too long to take pics. Todays bloom
My Plumeria still blooming
One of my gingers opened.

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Thanks for posting your beautiful blooms ladies.

To the new thread. http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1559422

This message was edited Jun 24, 2023 9:29 AM

usa, United States

oh so beautiful to see in morning.

https://www.minimilitia.mobi/ https://www.applock.ooo/

This message was edited Jul 26, 2023 6:09 AM

Can either of you recommend sources for some of the more unusual varieties that you grow? Thanks!

Rosie, mine were almost exclusively from trades from other growers. I no
longer trade due to health problems.
Should be some nice varieties available on Amazon, ebay and Etsy.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.