Morning Glories 2021 #07

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie and Linda.
I had a beautiful lavender Saz this morning. Now why can't some of the other vines I grow make blooms like that? Mauve splash made a burgundy star. First set of pics blooms were nice. Second set were disappointing with defects.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh
(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Helena, those are gorgeous. Defects or not.

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

Your Lavender Saz is awesome Helena. A big bloom like my blue SaZ WHEN IT
blooms. Pretty lav silk, pink and mutant.
Something I noticed in yesterdays pic of your white with pink eye is the dark streak . It did it again today. really neat Love your Mauve Splash.
Your 2nd set has some nice blooms too Helena
Akatsuki no murasaki
Blue with white bars, a youjiro most likely, I notice this one has 2 different shades of blue. Yesterday the light blue looked gray to me.

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda and Jackie.
That bloom you mentioned is not the huge Jackie, I think its Azuremores.
The huge did bloom today and had red
streaks. Blooms were nice today.
Gorgeous blooms Jackie. Love those colors.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Absolutely gorgeous blooms you posted today Helena.
Love that large purple in the 1st set along with choc silk and that pretty blue.
What is that large lite blue or lavender in the 3rd set with the pink eye and white border, so pretty and it looks huge.? Love that speckled, the mutant and pretty pink. Your higes are nice too.
Just the same old repeats for me
I love this Pacystacys # 4
This ginger is a gift for someone # 5

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie. That lite blue is the same from yesterday that made blzd and stripes bloom. It's seed that Dany sent me but no ID.
Your Akasuki no Murasaki has made beautiful blooms. The color is strong purple. All beautiful even if they are repeats. I grew the plant with yellow flowers before but lost it. Every so often I'm tempted to buy it when I see it in nurseries. Your ginger is neat too.

Oh my goodness. All of your blooms are so beautiful.

Thanks ladies.

Gautier, MS

We are having cool nights already here so thinking of starting to get my cactuses and mgs in the gh, at least my ip nils.

Beautiful blooms today Helena. Love the pinks and white with pink eye
Pretty blue too. The Congo and mutant are lovely
Dh and dgs have been working on my greenhouse. It was in sad shape.
Almost all the inside plastic has been replaced with new fiberglass panels, trying to avoid having to reline it every yr with plastic sheets . We didn't have enough panels to do the back wall and ceiling so will do the sheeting in those 2 areas.
Cool nights here too Helena, down in the low 50's so my menfolk need to hurry.
By the end of Sept I need to have everything back in the green house, the 1st freeze could come at any time.

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie.
I'm glad to hear your sh and dogs worked on your gh. Wish I could replace the panels on mine too. I did work on cleaning out inside my gh until just 2 small areas wasps started flying out. I sprayed them with ant and roach spray, all i had in there so later i have to go back with wasp spray. It was only a few so it's a small nest of them i hope.
Love your gorgeous purple blooms, the pink is so pretty too. Neat blooms on your cactus.
The 2 pictures of #7 are repeat.

Beautiful blooms ladies.
Sounds like you both are busy doing repairs and clean up.

Thanks ladies.
The ant and roach killer might have killed the wasps Helena. I don't have any in the g house but they're all over my backyard, swarming all around me. I';m going to get stung and I dread it.
Beautiful blooms Helena,.
Linda, tons of work and its so hard for hubby at 81. My g son needs to help even more than what he's doing.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda and Jackie.
Your dh is doing great for his age Jackie.
Mine is a bit younger but has just about retired from all work. I wish it wasn't such a hassle to get my gs's to help out a bit.
I'm getting more purpureas blooming now. Only one nil.

Those are beautiful Helena.

Göppingen, Germany(Zone 7b)

Hi Ladies,

just dropping by to show a little surprise my simple purpurea ( a Jamie Lynn I'd guess) made me today: There was a speck of filtered sunlight hitting only the tube side-wards, giving this eerie effect...

Thumbnail by pmmGarak

Beautiful morning glory.

Jamie Lynn is a lovely mg.

Gautier, MS

I agree, I'm growing JL too.
My only blooms this cool morning.

Thumbnail by helenahkh

Pretty mg's Helena.
Your Jamie Lynn was special, it had the light blue color. It