Morning Glories 2021 #06

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

We came from here http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1550807
A different color on this Ao cross Deformed bloom right below it
# 2 Pink Specks with a color block that looks like Pink Tie Dye
#3 My spec MG with 2 diff colors on the stripes maybe a 2nd day bloom?
# 4 Ao cross
Helena I forgot to tell you , my sale plant was out with the reg stuff like it was a new arrival and they were all healthy and on sale, someone ordered too many with it being August perhaps. Lots of other things were on sale too I didn;t get to go by yesterday, maybe today

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Beautiful blooms Jackie.
Thanks for the new thread.

You're welcome Linda. I didn't realize we were over 100 posts.

Gautier, MS

Awesome blooms Jackie. They are to die for. Love all those colors.

Thanks Helena,
A few this morning
# 1 Dany's # 8 white with blue
# 2 I thought these 2 blooms were Saz's but not so sure, maybe flaked Blue Early Call. I don;t know if Early Call is ever flaked
# 3 Saz
# 4 Ao cross # 2
# 5 Blue LYK

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Wow Jackie. Your blooms are really beautiful and so special. I'm envious of them.
Mine nils were with defects this morning. I didn't even bother to take pics of them. I released 2 butterflies today.

Thumbnail by helenahkh

Thanks Helena. the defects are ruining a bunch of my blooms every day but they are also slowing down so I'm not going to worry too much about it unless it interferes with seed production. That's a real possibility though
Your butterfly pic is amazing, magazine quality!!!

This message was edited Aug 9, 2021 11:55 PM

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie. I'm enjoying my butterflies coming to the flowers. Now the monarchs are laying eggs on the milkweed again but most of the plants have not recovered from being eaten up yet. I hardly have dill and fennel for the last 3 swallowtails caterpillars. The ones outside will have to find other host plants.
I had a couple of nice mgs blooms this morning with minor defects.

Thumbnail by helenahkh

Beautiful blooms this morning Helena. Love your pretty pink, lavender and Congo .
That pink star is gorgeous.
The dill and fennel are probably on sale at Lowes if you wanted to pick up a couple.
for your swallowtails.
My blooms look pretty sad this morning. so glad your blooms are coming along.
Last pic Begonia maculata with big spots, a species purchased at Lowes for 1/2
price. They were killing it sitting in a pot that held too much water at the roots. I

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Good morning everyone.

I love all your beautiful blooms, and butterfly.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie and Linda.
Still beautiful blooms Jackie. A little fertilizer might keep them going.
I've looked for dill, fennel and parsley but they have not gotten any more. But I started some from my own seeds and they are starting to grow slowly.
Today I have the first bloom of chocolate or rose silk with star. The leaves look awful with rust and holes from being munched on by bugs.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

My leaves look awful too Helena.
Your new Chocolate Silk is lovely with the star and I'm enjoying your beautiful lavender, such a pretty color Helena, you Cong, Milky Way and white have made
perfect blooms all summer.
Mine slowing way down but I notice my Ao cross has bloomed longer than any of them,.
# 1The bloom I've been calling unknown (the blue and white) looks a lot like Fuji no Sora and I think I planted one. When it didn;t come up I double planted that pot so might be the no Sora.
# 2 The Ao cross # 2 has 4 or 5 blooms open today.
# 3 a very dark Aogakiyama, Ao
# 5 No matter how hard I try I can't put this # 5 entry where it goes, it keeps popping back up to this spot., Allamanda, running out of memory??
# 4 I can;t tell you how pretty this is looks like a flaked Ao

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie. Hope I get new blooms soon. There isn't that many this year. But I did start some more seeds, now seedling that i hope keep growing. I just have to protect them from the rain.
I think your blooms are still making beautiful flowers. Love your Ao #4.
I released 3 more butterflies today.

Thumbnail by helenahkh

Thanks Helena.
Love your butterfly pic especially when they land on a beautiful bloom.
Such a nice contrast

Oh my! All of your blooms are so beautiful. And that butterfly on that flower is stunning.

Thanks Linda.
My Count Drac has not bloomed, don't know what the problem is. Started in April, smh

1 and 2 Blue Early Call or Saz
Pres Bush
Ao cross # 2
Blue and white

This message was edited Aug 23, 2021 11:44 AM

Gautier, MS

Jackie, your blooms are gorgeous. Love the colors of all of them.
I have a few nice blooms this morning.

Thanks Helena. Love your blooms this morning.
Gorgeous Choco silk in 2 different shades, Love that you can see the star in the'lighter bloom but that dark Chocolate silk is amazing.
Beautiful color on your pink and light lavender.
What is that special bloom with all the different colors, its really pretty. Also I
don't recognize the bloom to the left of the multi-colored, its pretty too.

I had 2 new vines open this morning, the pink is Emmas pretty pink and it
had defects. The next one is a blue/purple youjiro? or yagaruma I call these Fuji's.
The last 2 blooms are the blue and white

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Jackie, your blooms are both beautiful. I need to get some fresh seeds next year, and find a shady spot and try again.

Thanks Linda.
Old seed will sprout too if stored out of the heat. I store mine at
normal house temps. I germinate seeds as old as 6 and 7 yrs,
Do try again. Maybe start yours when your temps are in the 70's,
just a guess

Thanks Jackie. I will try.

Linda, speaking of old seed, this year my Ao cross came from seeds back in 2013,
so 8 yrs old
Less than 15 blooms this morning and not all picture worthy.
I don't know why it takes pink ehigassa, sic, so long to make an appearance after blooming earlier in July.
# 2 Sazanami
# 3 Ao cross still blooming
# 4 and 5, who knows
Edited to say # 5 looks like Plum surprise later in the season thanks Helena

This message was edited Aug 23, 2021 11:49 AM

Gautier, MS

Thanks ladies. Those two blooms are from Starry night Jackie.
Love your blooms today Jackie, especially the blue two with white stripes. The colors are so nice.
I got a new no I'd bloom today too with defects, I liked the color later in the afternoon was even richer burgundy, I think.
Starry night also made a completely different bloom along with the regular one.

Gautier, MS

Thanks ladies. Those two blooms are from Starry night Jackie.
Love your blooms today Jackie, especially the blue two with white stripes. The colors are so nice.
I got a new no I'd bloom today too with defects, I liked the color later in the afternoon was even richer burgundy, I think.
Starry night also made a completely different bloom along with the regular one.

Jackie and Helena, your blooms are so pretty..so many different colors and designs.
Thanks for posting them.

Gautier, MS

Sorry about the double post. I don't know how that happened.
All your blooms are gorgeous Jackie.
I just soaked some mg seeds from a Ebay vendor and disappointed that I was sent old seeds, when they don't swell and get mushy . It's a bad sign. I still like starting seeds from years ago.

Gautier, MS

My blooms today.
First set is starry night, and Dany's washed out pink magic on right side 2nd down and below is another of his blooms.
2nd set is rose silk and congo.

Sorry to hear you got bad seeds.
Your blooms are beautiful.

Thanks Linda and Helena.
I don't know how I missed your post from yesterday Helena.
Your blooms are beautiful. Love that burgundy and Starry Night. One of my favorites is Choc Silk/Rose Silk and yours is gorgeous. I can't see any difference in the two when i grow them.
The one you say is Dany's washed out pink I've been calling lite Lavender and white.
Also I really like the white with the touch of dark purple in the throat.

My Count Drac finally opened a couple of blooms today. I love this mg
Pres Bush vine not Blue silk Thats on the other vine.
Original Ao looking like it has a color block but I think it's just the light exposure
My Spec Mg All the Spec Mg vines came out of seed from Cocoa Chocolate
Ao cross

This message was edited Aug 15, 2021 12:39 PM

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda and Jackie.
That bloom that you mentioned is from a cross with mauve. Your right about the other too is does have a light lavender to it.
I was not expecting them to have a slightly different color.
Your blooms are beautiful. Nice to see count Dracula. Your Pres. Bush has a really nice pink color. I love all the of your Ao's and special mg.

Jackie, those are all beautiful. That first blue one is stunning.

Thanks ladies
Helena I see your white with a pink tint now, its right beside the Mauve cross.
It's pretty too.
I wish my Pres bush would make all pink blooms, many of them are white.
I do like the white PB with pink markings # 1
# 2 Count Dracula
# 3 Dark Ao crosses
# 4 more Ao crosses

Gautier, MS

Beautiful blooms Jackie. I love them all.
I had a few nice blooms this morning.
Mauve star cross, starry night,lav silk, Congo and milky way from this morning.

Helena, those are beautiful.

Gorgeous Mauve Star, Starry Night and Lavender silk
I love your Congo, I do wish I had started a couple.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda and Jackie. It's not too late yet to start seeds at least for me. Earliest cold would probably be Oct. I will just have to get them in gh.
I really love this large lav cross from another vine.. just the usual blooms also with Congo and milky way. I had 4 other blooms with defects not worthy of posting.

Helena, I could start seeds now too but the problem for me is finding enough room in the green house. I had enough plants to fill it up before I added a few new things.
Gorgeous blooms this morning. Love your new Lav cross from a different vine,
The Chocolate Silk is still making lovely blooms and so is the Mauve Cross and Starry Night.
Count Drac
Saz
Ao cross
?
?

I love all your blooms ladies. Absolutely beautiful.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda and Jackie.
I'm wondering if I'll have room too for all my tropicals and mgs. I still need to clean out my gh that I didn't get to do yet.
Love your beautiful blooms Jackie. The last one reminds me of plum surprise b/c it did have a Fuji cross. Those kind of blooms show up towards the end of the vine bloom time. I'm thinking your other blom could be Aomurasaki toshiro mix. Can you search plant files? I'm going to try to see if I can find pics on my old computer. So pretty.

Thanks Helena, Yes I'll look at Plant files, got a few minutes

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.