Morning Glories 2021 # 05

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Helena, those are all very beautiful.

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

Helena your Blushing Bride is to die for, my BB was never that pretty.
Wish we knew what that 2nd bloom is, very unusual. Does it have heart shaped purp lvs or more like nils? Your Congo is beautiful.. So glad your new vines are opening,

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

A couple of my prettiest Begonia's

Maurice Amy with pink lvs
Looking Glass a hybrid by Patrick Worley yrs ago
Carnea, bush mg
The varieg Brugs all white blooms are deformed, her regular blooms are
her usual blooms

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie and Linda.
Love your blooms Jackie. They are so beautiful and fancy. Neat begonias leaves.
It's a shame your bruges have been making deformed blooms. I have no idea what would cause that.
My bbq bloom is still open in the shade. Very hot here now but the other bloom is a bit wilted. Here is what the leaves look like.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Beautiful blooms everyone.
Jackie, I have never seen a brug do that.

Girls. the deformed blooms are coming off the all white growth on the brug. The normal varieg part is making noirmal blooms as seen in pic # 5 above. Pic # 4 is the all white with deformed blooms. it's so ugly, i probably should just cut off the all white part of the brug but it was so unusual that I didn't want to.

Helena, definitely nil leaves

A few from today
This Pink speckled was so large that the sides collapsed somewhat. Over 5 and 1/2 inches across. this vine has consistently made 5 inch blooms. she's a whopper!
Pres Bush
Pretty unknown blue and white has to be My Spec MG
This one deformed but the color was beautiful, so dark coming out of the cross
but different thant Aog cross # 2 bloom
Saz and friends

Gautier, MS

Beautiful blooms Jackie. I love it when the bloo.s open huge. The Ao seems like they are huge too.
My only blooms for today

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Thanks Helena. Yes the Ao is making good size blooms too. Most are 4 inches or more across.
Gorgeous blooms from Congo again today as well as your new pink I like your bloom'with soft lavender too. the Milky Ways have been perfect all summer.
Great butterfly pics

Thumbnail by patootie

Thanks for the beautiful flower and butterfly photos.

Gautier, MS

Pretty bloom Jackie.
I am in awe of this male pipevine swallowtail that visited my garden mid morning as I was releasing a few black eastern swallowtails. Had monarchs butterflies enclosing also but those I had a enclosure outside for them. Second pic might be giant swallowtail. No new mgs this morning.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Beautiful butterflies Helena.

Oh my gosh Helena, I've never seen such a beautiful butterfly. That blue is just
out of this world lovely. I'm in awe too.

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie and Linda.
I have 2 pipevine plants that aren't host to it and 2 other that are still too young to host more than one Caterpillar if the female shows up to lay eggs.
Love your pink blzd blooms Jackie. Pretty pink color and the Ao are to dye for. The other are really nice to see too.
A new mauve cross bloomed from seeds of years ago. The others are just repeats. The orquid my oldest son gave me for my bd.

Beautiful blooms Jackie and Helena. I love that orchid. I have never been able to keep one alive.

Linda, we baby orchids too much, t think they're tougher than people think.
Gorgeous Cattlyea sp? orchid Helena, I love your Mauve Splash cross too.
I am still enjoying your pretty pink and the lavender and white mg.
Mine are slowing down, so happy that your new vines are beginning to bloom.
Here is a lovely Allamanda, the 1st one I've ever owned. I was in Lowes yesterday
ordering a new hot water heater and they had lots of plants on sale
# 2 regular Ao
# 3 Ao cross
# 4 the blue and white
last one Pres Bush

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie and Linda.
I'm enjoying my blooms and yours too Jackie. They are so pretty. I was at Lowes yesterday too and saw the same pretty yellow alamanda too.

Helena, the best part it was on sale for 6.99 and it was marked 16.98 so a great buy.
Other tropicals are on sale too so I'm trying to go back today. Their annuals
are on sale for 1/2 price so I want to go back and look. I didn't have much time yesterday

Beautiful blooms Jackie. I love that yellow bloom, as well as your morning glories.

Thanks Linda.

Gautier, MS

Ik Jackie. I always like looking on their sales rack in the back.
A new bloom that wasn't labeled right, dark purple, hopefully it will have better blooms than this first one.

Helena, those are beautiful blooms. Is the blue one a morning glory?

Love your blooms Helena, partial to the FS/Blue Star and the lovely Congo.
My blooms, many of them, deformed I think from the bugs after them.
Oops, didn't realize we had over 100 posts
Time for a new thread http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1551194

This message was edited Aug 8, 2021 12:37 PM

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.