Morning Glories 2021 # 05

Gautier, MS

Jackie, I hope your vines keep on blooming. They have been awesome.
I do have a new bloom my new vines., not what I was expecting. Several of the other vines have buds too. It's the wait and see game now.

This message was edited Jul 26, 2021 2:27 PM

Thumbnail by helenahkh
Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

Thanks Helena,
Your new blooms are gorgeous. Love the pink/lavender bloom,
The shiboris are beautiful, wish I had grown a large tub full of them
this yr.. I love how their patterns can vary so much.
Is the yellow bloom a hedychium ginger, its lovely?
A few this morning
# 4 is the Aog cross # 1
# 5 is Aog cross # 2

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie.
Another set of your beautiful blooms Jackie. I love all the colors of the blues, that red is vivid, light pink too. I'll never get tired of Ao and the grays too. Wish my Ao's hadn't failed germinating, this year the rain wad too much for my seedlings outside.

Helena I can send you some of the older Aog seeds but hopefully I will also have seeds off of these new blooms. Just let me know Even though I;ve hand pollinated,
the insects beat me to it so no telling what crosses they made,

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Beautiful blooms everyone. I love checking in daily to see what surprises there are.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda and Jackie.
Jackie thanks., I would love a few of your Ao seeds. Hopefully, I can do better at sharing seeds with you too.
The blue white shibori is called Congo, strong dark colors. Another pink bloom. On 2nd set, I successfully started a tobacco plant from seeds first bloom pic on left with pink 4 o'clocks. Clitoria has a realy nice blue color too.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Thanks girls, I will start gathering you some Ao seeds Helena but I'll wait for some of these crosses to make seed pods so I can send you a few of those.
Your blooms are special this morning, love the pink mg and pink 4 o'clocks.
The Congo shibori is a beauty, so dark and I love the Clitoria ternatea. I need to put mine in a little more sun and feed her too
Are your tobacco blooms fragrant at night?
So hot here it was all I could do to go outside and take pics

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie. Your blooms have been awesome from Ao so I'll be very happy to get seeds from them. I'm not sure if that tobacco blooms has a scent. I'll have to go check it out in the evening. Yes, its been really hot here too.
You have another set of beautiful blooms.

Thanks Helena.

My variegated Brug is setting some strange buds. This is on the all white
growth, all white buds. Yesterday it had at least 3 or 4, today I can only see 2. She's dropping buds in this almost 100 degree heat. I hope at least one stays on so we can see the bloom.
1 todays buds
2 yesterdays

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

I finally found my Weird Saz and today she opened 2 blooms 1st 3 pics
She was hiding in plain sight
# 4 Love this bloom
# 5 Lite Pink Tie Dye

# 5

Blue and white Im still unsure of the id, smh
# 2 Aogakiyama cross # 1 not the same as the original Ao bloom, perhaps a little fancier
# 3 my new Ao cross, it's # 2 cross
# 4 Blue silk and in the background, the original Aogakiyama x Choc silk
Having trouble with my pics so the last went twice

This message was edited Jul 28, 2021 2:25 PM

Gautier, MS

Sorry to hear your brug is dropping its buds Jackie. The leaves are neat color. I noticed in the neighborhood pink brugs were in full bloom.
All your blooms are beautiful. Glad your Saz showed you where it was with beautiful blooms. Lots of bloom colors.
So my pink mg had 4 blooms this am. Pink blue fusion bloom, Cong had 3 blooms and milky way had 2 but i only took pic of one. Some of the bloo.s want to start closing before 9 am

Thanks Helena
Your Congo is making lovely blooms. The pink mg s a gorgeous color
What is that pretty mg bloom pictured with the Congo blooms?

This message was edited Jul 29, 2021 8:57 AM

Beautiful blooms ladies.
Looks like the brug is getting too much sun and or water maybe? Never saw one with leaves and buds that color. Hope the buds don't drop off.

Thanks Linda. That's aa far as I made it when I carried that brug out of the green house late May. It is getting too much sun so I may get my gson to move it for me.
The roots have grown thru the bottom of the pot so I
have a large aluminum container under it to hold the water. The all white leaves are a mystery, it also had an all green stem but I cut that back and it killed that growth,
Sazanami 1st 2 pics
# 3 Aog cross so large it split This bloom has some similarities to the cross from 2013
# 4 Pandy covering a Plummie leaning against the fence
# 5 My Special mg

This message was edited Jul 29, 2021 11:26 PM

Those are all beautiful blooms Jackie.

Thanks Linda

I know you girls are getting tired of my repeats because I am too. I do have a new bloom this morning from Dany's white with blue, these seeds might be from Helena,
I've got to look and see if this pkt says Dany's # 8 Does this look like his Summer Rain Helena?
# 2 a nice Aog
# 3 Pink speckled
# 4 ? who knows?
# 5 a lovely Plum Surprise that has not disappointed

Gautier, MS

Not so Jackie, just wont tire of your beautiful blooms. I had to pay my dues to join the forum again. I dont see messages when i use my phone.
I love your huge Ao Jackie. Awesome blooms. Not sure if the other is summer rain, its missing the blue specks but it still could be one from Danys seeds.
My only blooms for today.

Thumbnail by helenahkh

Thanks Helena, I did check the label on Dany's and it does say Dany's # 8, almost white with lite blue
Love your blooms today, the lovely pink mg, great color and
the tall impressive tobacco
Your Congo, Carnival of Venice, is out of this world pretty and your Milky Way has made all beautiful healthy blooms. I think all the purps
are healthy and more immune to pests. If I didn't love the nils so much, I would
just grow the purps.
We are running a swamp cooler on our outside dog trying to keep him cool..
The last pic is my spec Begonia Phantom still on the front porch.

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Beautiful photos ladies. I never get tired of repeats. Keep them coming please.

Thanks Linda

I'm pretty sure that the blooms I;m getting that I was so unsure of the id are now My Spec MG Look at these 1st 2 pics that are on the bottom of the same vine and'completely different.. My Spec MG
This next bloom is from the same vine and even tho this one is deformed, it matches the pretty blooms i've been unsure of. My spec MG
Flaked Pres Bush
Saz
A white or Dany's # 8 white with lite blue

Dany's # 8,
My # 2 Aog cross could hardly open I had to help it
Another My Spec MG

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Love those different colors you are getting.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie and Linda.
I love your blooms Jackie. Your special mg is amazing and all the others are so beautiful too. Love all the different colors too.
I'm still waiting on my other vines. But the pink one seems to be a good bloomer.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Helena, those are beautiful. Love them all.

Thanks ladies.
Helena, I love your pretty pink mg.
That soft colored mg is beautiful.

My blooms almost non existent this morning.
Many blooms deformed from the spider mites and from the stems wrapped around the others so tightly that it strangles the blooms.
1st time bloom,. blue early call mixed took her time to bloom over 3 and 1/2 months
Pink speckled
Aog

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

I love that blue.
Some can be so stingy, opening up.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda and Jackie.
Your blooms are still beautiful Jackie.
But i know the feeling, heres my few blooms with a bit of defects.

Thanks ladies
Helena, love your new blooms. pretty lavender and white on that 1st bloom.
The bright blue is a beautiful color. I'm very partial to your Congo blooms,
dark and lovely.
I'll send a few pics later, thought I sent them this morning, don't know where they went.

Helena, those are all beautiful. I love the striped ones.

I had tons of blooms this morning, maybe their last hurrah

More
I had a similar bloom 2 weeks ago and didn't get it marked so I'll try to get it done this time Aog cross # 1
The bloom in the middle with the solid color block
# 2 Sazanami and Blue Early Call with BEC showing some lavender, too early for it to be fading!!!
# 3 Aog cross # 2
# 4 A diff Aog cross # 2
# 5 Pres Bush

This message was edited Aug 3, 2021 12:50 PM

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie and Linda.
Wow, awesose show of blooms Jackie.
I love all the colors.

Thanks Helena. love your new pink such a pretty color. Beautiful soft lavender color on that one mg and very unusual color on that split pink. Gorgeous Congo blooms.

All your blooms are beautiful ladies.
Glad you are both still getting blooms.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie and Linda.
I have 2 new blooms, 1st is blushing bride but the other no tag so no I'd. Guess there was light rain last night Congo had a few blooms already closed.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.