Morning Glories 2021 #03

Gautier, MS

Pretty blooms Jackie. I love the color of your brug blooms. So pretty, I went to lowes too today. Bought a citrus tree with swallowtail cats and 3 eggs. They they might not make it if the plants were sprayed but I'm going to try anyways. My new hobby but I haven't given up on mgs yet. Got into soil a bunch of ip nils this morning. I have them under lights to give them an extra start.

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

Thanks Helena,. Hope your new swallowtail cats and eggs make it. Sounds
like you got a lot done today. I potted up a couple more mg;s yesterday but need to do more.. Running to Lowes to check out their seeds.

Thumbnail by patootie
(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Nice to see all the beautiful bloom ladies.

I got bad news a few days ago, and more today.
Last week my brother was diagnosed with terminal lung cancer, he also has pneumonia.
Well he started vomiting blood yesterday, so back to the ER. They found he has upper GI bleeding they are trying to stop, a kidney stone and bone cancer. They are keeping him in the hospital till Tuesday, and will send him home with hospice care. This is my youngest brother, he just turned 61. He is paralyzed from a stroke he had 2 years ago, now all this.
I am flying to Michigan next week Thursday.

Please keep him in your prayers.

I am so sorry to hear this Linda, devastating news.
Sending hugs to you and prayers for your brother.

Gautier, MS

I'm so sorry to hear the news about your brother Linda. I will be keeping him and you in my prayers.

Thanks so much.

Gautier, MS

I hope the rain stopped even though it's somewhat cloudy.
Had a few blooms this morning. Showing a pretty pink old fashioned climbing rose. And my new ip nil seedlings, really like the dark stems.
Jackie did you find the seeds you went to look at Lowes?

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Beautiful mg blooms Helena. Love that pink rose too. Your seedlings
look great.
I didn't get to go by Lowes, the rain came up and I had to hurry to the grocery store and $ store. so I will try again today. I hope my Lowes is carrying the same mgs your store carries..

Helena, pretty sure I found the Blue Star sds, They were mixed in with Heavenly blue, Some of the prettiest blooms I ever got from a mg were from Blue Star

Gautier, MS

Jackie, glad you found your blue star seeds.
I do like them too, seems the ones I have crossed with flying saucer.
The only bloom I got this morning.

Thumbnail by helenahkh

Good morning everyone.
I love all the beautiful photos you are posting.

It's a gorgeous bloom Helena. Flying Saucers and Blue Star are both tri-colors. Same
species so perhaps making it easier for them to cross.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie and Linda.
No mg blooms but took pics of these. First set of neat queen Anne's lace seeds.

This message was edited Jun 11, 2021 8:55 AM

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Helena, first time I've ever seen seeds of Queen Anne's Lace.
Pretty sunflower and lily. Love the Lantana
I have new plants, will try to send pics later.

Same here Jackie. I have never seen the seeds like that. Very pretty.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie and Linda. Probably hundreds of seeds there.
No pics today. Waiting for yours Jackie.

From Farmers Market Thursday and Lowes a few days ago
# 1 Pachystachys golden shrimp left although I do not call this a shrimp I call the Justicia plants shrimp
In the middle Plectranthus Mona lavender, I love this for the pretty blooms, my old one was getting raggedy
On the right a tuberous Begonia that can take the heat better with lovely cascading blooms
All the above descriptions in pic # 1
# 2 close up of tuberous Begonia
# 3 double pink flowered wax Begonia from Lowes, Lowes does carry the best selection of wax Begonia's
# 4 Yello canna and pink flowered. all the oink flowers have fallen They both need larger pots.
and last # 5 Begonia Don Miller, some call Frosty Don Miller is the original name

This message was edited Jun 12, 2021 12:20 PM

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Time for a new thread http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1550273

This message was edited Jun 12, 2021 1:06 PM

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.