Morning Glories 2021 #03

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Helena, those are so pretty.

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

Very pretty blooms Helena. Love your blue split bloom and your purps have
made some beautiful blooms, no defects on any of them. Lovely pink bloom.
I finally transplanted 6 moire mg seedlings into their final pot.
Blooms from 2014 going to look thru my sds from that yr for a couple of these.
# 1 Aogakiyama Blizzard
# 2 Mauve splash looking bloom actually on the same vine as the 1st pic Aog Bliz
a cross for sure but I never got this same bloom again
# 3 Plum Gray smoke made lovely blooms in 2014
# 4 Chocolate silk
# 5 Saz lavender

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Jackie, those are all beautiful blooms.

Thanks Linda. I wish I could have duplicated those first two blooms.
They were special.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie and Linda.
Beautiful blooms from 2014 Jackie. Hope you get to find and sow some more of those seeds. I often fail to have my little paint brush to hand pollinate those rare and special blooms.
I was taking and few pics and watering pots, almost got ate up good by mosquitoes that were out in full force.
Hard to stay outside when it's this bad.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Helena, I was hand pollinating back then but seems like it didn't do any good. The vine still only made just a few sds.
Something's bit me too Helena.or it could be poison ivy, I have a yard full.
Your lily;s are beautiful and you have a great collection going..

Helena, your blooms are so pretty.
Skeeters are bad here too.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie and Linda.
I'm enjoying all my blooms. I'm anxious to see butterflies, my hummers are gone too. I need to hose off all my plants when they spray for mosquitoes.
Jackie, I think that our rare bloo.s also are a bit weaker and don't have pollen to make seed. At least it seems to me, ik I've tried and failed too.
I planted radishes that's the bloom picture with the mgs.

Your Hibiscus is a show stopper Helena. Wish I could remember what seed pkt the lite blue mg comes out of. I called it white before but it's really a lite blue.. I wonder if it comes out of Carnival of Venice seeds, the shibori's?

Helena, those are beautiful blooms. I have never seen radish blooms before. They are awesome.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie and Linda.
I really like the hibiscus blooms too. I can't believe my orange abutilon 6 foot plant died even after blooming in my gh in the winter. Might be something eating the roots. Good thing I bought another plant early this spring.
These mgs I sowed directed along my lattice fence I put up early spring. My Queen Anne's lace is blooming.

Thumbnail by helenahkh

Sorry you lost your Abutilon Helena, one of my favorite plants. I always end up
losing mine toio. I think I watered mine too much in the winter but it might have been
something else.
Love your Queen Anne's Lace. Gorgeous mg's.. One almost looks chocolate, so
pretty.

Beautiful blooms Helena. I love that queen Ann's lace.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie and Linda.
I have to remember to take cuttings of the abutilon in the fall.
So excited my swallowtail eclosed this morning. My bought Mexican salvia started blooming not sure if its Tula or Comptons form. I will know for sure when I see the seeds. I haven't grown these two in ages after I lost them. Had 3 more mg blooms this morning too.

Thumbnail by helenahkh

Helena, those are pretty blooms. Love the swallow tail.

Lovely blooms this morning Helena.
Beautiful pink bloom and I love the small orange mg
bloom too.
How long until you release your swallowtail?
I bought a pretty Salvia a week or so ago. The tag just said pink salvia.
It wilts almost every day so I need to pot it up or plant it in the ground

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie and Linda.
Linda I let my swallowtail go within a hour after it eclosed. They say they dont like being caged up and can hurt their wings. It stayed on the blooms for a while than flew up to a tree to get more sun.
Take a pic of your salvia Jackie. I have too many plants in pots that wilt too. We had a good short rain storm last evening so all my plants got watered.

Helena, Beautiful split pink bloom and I like the white bloom too.

# 3 Some of my mg seedlings, still way shy of how many I like to start. I have 11 in bigger pots
# 1 and 2 My new salvia.
My favorite Amaryllis blooming

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Beautiful blooms ladies.
Helena, it is something special to raise the butterflies, and then watch them as they are released.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie and Linda.
Beautiful salvia blooms and plant Jackie. Happy to see your mg seedlings. Can't wait for the blooms. Your amaryllis bloom is pretty too.
It was 60 degrees here this morning and it felt cold. Only 3 mgs bloomed.
Linda, I love seeing butterflies in the garden. Yesterday I saw a large yellow with black swallowtail just wish they weren't so fast.

Thumbnail by helenahkh

'Thanks Helena,. Beautiful mg's this morning. I love the shibori , better known as Carnival of Venice. Pretty blue and tiny orange mg too. You do great with
the passion flowers,
I am never fast enough to get a shot of a butterfly

Helena, those blooms are very pretty. That blue almost looks like silk.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie and Linda.
I'm pretty happy with my blooms this morning. Most blooming where I sowed them in the ground along the lattice fence.

Thumbnail by helenahkh
Gautier, MS

These bloomed today too.

Thumbnail by helenahkh

I love your blooms today. Love those blue morning glories.

Helena, Beautiful Flying Saucers with it's yellow eye.
Love your shibori's and Crimson Rambler.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda and Jackie.
I didn't get blooms along the fence this morning but saw a turtle there so hope it didn't eat them.
I did get a a true Starry night bloom b/c I sow at least 3 seeds of those seeds and a milky way bloom.

Beautiful Starry Night with all that flaking, lovely Milky Way too.

I still don't have mg's in the ground, chance of rain every day this week and always under the threat of rain to wash away all my seeds. smh

Helena, those morning glories are beautiful. I love that starry night.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie and Linda.
An ip. Nil bloom opened from Azuremores seeds. A purple blzd. Along with the purpureas. I do6know why but seems that a lot of my seedlings aren't growing like they should but have stunted growth.

Thumbnail by helenahkh

Love all your blooms this morning Helena but that 1st one top left is striking. Is it the one from Azuremore's? Pretty Flying Saucers and shibori's.
My Plumeria's still blooming
Callisia fragrans growing in the floor of the greenhouse. This one is rampant and would take over if i didn;t pull most of the runners up every year. The flowers are highly fragrant (thus the name) and fill up the greenhouse with their wonderful scent
Begonia Looking Glass, a Patrick Worley hybrid I'm pretty sure and
Begonia Paper Snowflake

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Oh my! I love all your photos today. Absolutely stunning.

Thanks Linda.

Found this blooming last night in the dark

Thumbnail by patootie

Oh my. What a nice surprise.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie and Linda.
Beautiful blooms Jackie. I love fragrance on flowers. Good looking plants too.
I had several mg blooms today.

Thumbnail by helenahkh

Very pretty blooms Helena. I love Flying Saucers. My sd of that one must not be any good. I haven';t had one come up in years. I love Blue Star too and your cross Helena between Blue Star and Fying Saucers.Both tri-colors. I can't even find my Blue Star seeds and its not readily available anymore that I can see.

Linda, its a wonder the night blooming cactus'es ever bloom for me. They're
suffering in pots that re way too small.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie and Linda.
I found seeds of blue star in Lowes last month. I also had old seeds so I started them both., one in the ground and the other in a pot. Both are blooming.
Two of my IP nil have pretty blooms this morning. Getting lite rain here.

Absolutely gorgeous blooms this morning Helena. I see your pretty Blue Star by Flying Saucers. I love the 2 blooms above them too, stunning
I was just in Lowes yesterday and didn't think to look thru the seeds. I was looking for the giant elephant ear bulbs I'll try to run back by there today.
Rain here too Helena and for the next 5 or 6 days, so tired of it.
A little purp blooming in the tub. I hope one or two of my nils start blooming in a couple of weeks,
Phenomenal, a 4 dau old bloom
Single yellow bloom

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.