Morning Glories 2020 #07

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

Thanks Linda.
My vines are so tangled and I didn;t even bother trying to untangle, no time.
So now Im pretty sure its not Ehigasa maybe Debs Pink. I went out to check out the pots and couldn't even find Ehigasa, but the tag could be missing.

This message was edited Aug 3, 2020 1:14 AM

Gautier, MS

Jackie your blooms are gorgeous. Love all those colors on everyone of them. No, that bloom looks like China Doll, it has 2 thin dark stripes. Really nice show of blooms Jackie, worth the wait to see them. My blooms would be tangled too but I'm keeping my new ones 5-6 feet apart. Have to get my other batch into bigger pots.
My first butterfly chrysalis didn't make it. I saw a ant going to it, when I tried to get the ant it got knocked to flower pot and fell. It was black for too long and had turned to mush. Now the leave that the other one is on is turning yellow. I need to figure out what to do before it falls..
My only blooms for today.

Thumbnail by helenahkh

Hit a key and lost my entire post.
Thanks Helena. wish I knew more about raising butterflies.
You might google chrysallis and/or raising butterfies and hopefully you will find a good website that can answer any questions. Sometimes there's a contact us link.
Helena, I remember now that early on, the raccoons dug up 3 or more of my mg vines and 2 of the name tags got scattered. i didn;t know which belonged to each pot'so I'probably got them wrong. I may have to label most of the seeds as a mix.
# 1 Lav Saz with blue and white not lav
# 2 Weird Saz
# 3 Pink Tie Dye
# 4 Pres Bush
# 5 China Doll
Actually lost my post 3 times, getting to be a real problem, time consuming

This message was edited Aug 3, 2020 11:51 AM

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Beautiful blooms ladies.
Sorry to hear about your chrysalis not making it Helena.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie and Linda. Hopefully the Queen will make it. But I have the swallowtail butterflies to enjoy in my garden too.
Gorgeous blooms Jackie. I love your Saz bloom, such vivid blue color. All of them are beautiful.
At least I did have a nice bloom from pink mist this morning. Another repeat blooms and a few that just don't want to open.

Thumbnail by helenahkh

Thanks Helena, beautiful bloom from Pink Mist this morning. I love the blue
in the upper right corner, one of my favorites this summer
From this morning
Pink TDye
Blue Early Call
China doll
Lav Saz
Purp with damage

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Thanks for posting all your beautiful blooms Jackie and Helena. I always look forward to seeing what you post.

Thanks Linda

I have to spray, the spider mites are ruining my blooms. I
see a brown walking stick on my Plum surprise vine. He's sitting on a leaf eat up with holes feasting on some kind of pests, just don;t know what he's consuming.
China doll making beautiful blooms 1 and 2
# 3 Pink Tie Dye
# 4 Pres Bush
# 5 Weird Saz
Edited to say I lost 1st pic

This message was edited Aug 5, 2020 11:30 AM

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Jackie, they are so pretty. Wish we all could have a bug free garden.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda and Jackie.

Jackie your blooms are stunning. I'm really happy to see you are getting all these blooms to share with us. Really enjoyed the show. Hope you are able to get rid of the spider mites, know how you feel about bugs on our mgs.
I finally got a really nice bloom from Pretty Woman and the blue I think is called Blue Flame. Happy I have swallowtail butterflies in my garden.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Thanks Linda and Helena.
Helena, beautiful picture of your Swallowtail on that lovely pink bloom whatever it is.
Thanks for the name on my favorite mg, Blue Flame. Your Pretty Woman bloom'is to die for, a beautiful pink.

Jackie your blooms are so pretty.

This message was edited Aug 7, 2020 3:11 PM

Thanks Linda

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie and Linda.
My only blooms today.

Thumbnail by helenahkh

Beautiful blooms Helena.

Pretty blooms Helena. Hoping something new will open here.
I do like my China doll

Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Beautiful China doll Jackie. I like that mg too, it's a perfect bloom!

Still getting same repeat blooms, that real dark one with white edges is called Imperial majesty. Tomorrow my lavender mist will open.

Thumbnail by helenahkh

Gorgeous Pink woman and Pink Mist Helena. I love both of them.
Your new bloom Imperial Majesty is a beauty too

I had one new bloom this am
The color looks blue but it is a dark purple..I think this vine came out of Lav Not
My vines too tangled to be sure
Pink Tie Dye
Lav Saz
Plum Surprise still making blooms everyday although the spider mites have taken a toll.
Weird Saz makes lovely blooms

Time for a new thread

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1543631

This message was edited Aug 7, 2020 11:56 AM

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.