Morning Glories 2020 #05

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

Helena beautiful blooms. You know I love the soft pink and is that
light blue Sazanami? Shes so pretty..
Linda, its so hot where you;re at. Try starting your seeds indoors where it's cooler
Helena and I both start seeds in our washroom. I;ve got a light stand set up in there. Now I;ve purchased that T5 light kit from Wal- Mart..I loved it so I went
back to get another one and they were sold out,.

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Thanks for the tip. I will try that.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda and Jackie.
I start most of my seeds indoor, then I know which ones made it or not. This last batch half didn't make it so maybe the seeds were old. I'd like to see what the T5 kit looks like Jackie.
Only 4 blooms this morning. I collected seeds from Twilight Mix (top middle pic. fuchsia color). A couple of my other vines only have 2 seed pods each, just enough to keep them going

Thumbnail by helenahkh

Helena, beautiful blooms
I forgot that you had mentioned the other day that you weren't getting much seed production. don;t know what to make of it. Usually just a problem on our more unusual types.
Helena I;m calling the T-5 a kit because it
came with a simple stand, so easy dh out it togather for me sitting in his easy chair.
The light itself is black and it puts out more light than my soft white 40 watts.
I'll see if theres a pic at Walmart.com

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie. Just trying to picture it. I don't think I've seen any in our Walmart here.
I've seen stands in nursery magazines that go for $100.00 or more. The price is the only thing that stopped from buying one.
It's already getting hot here. I'm not spending much time outside.

Beautiful blooms Helena.

Helena, I sent you an email with a link to on-line WalMart's T5 they're carrying..
Mine is a little different than the link I sent you. I pd either 39.95 or 49.95 for it so'
not too expensive

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda. Looking forward to getting it Jackie. I'll try to look it up.

A few blooms today too. My calliandra had lots of blooms. Last pic is my new seedlings, a 3 lavender mist with neat color stem and a few others.

This message was edited Jun 16, 2020 11:31 AM

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Beautiful blooms Helena. Your seedlings look good.

Gorgeous blooms Helena. Love the hige and all those in the 1st collage.
Beautiful Calliandra blooms.Glad you;ve got seedlings coming along Helena.
I;ve been trying to start a few for days but haven;t got it done

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie and Linda.

I'm only getting very few blooms. It's not too bad in the mornings so far but warms up by noon pretty fast. I think these blooms are from yesterday.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Gorgeous blooms Helena. Love the blue-purple and palest pink. Your pea vine is making lovely blooms.

Helena, those are so pretty.

bought 2 mg's at Farmers Market. 1 was labeled Scarlett O'hara, It is closed by
the time I get up every morning. so I think this is the one called Wine and Roses
that I grew years ago. It closes by 10 am as I recall. I seldom got up in'time to make pics. Very disappointed
A good sized Begonia in a tiny pot, I need to pot it up
Justica, used to be called Jacobina

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
Highland Heights, KY(Zone 6a)

Lovely blooms, everyone! My morning glory sprouts are an inch tall now--I do hope I haven't started them too late to get blooms. It does often stay warm in September, so maybe I'll get to enjoy them. I'll start earlier next year! They were in a packet of mixed colors, so I'm anxious to see them.

KyWoods, we'll be looking forward to your blooms too. You can take them in if
the weather turns off cold before they finish blooming..

Sunset, LA

Hey guys, long time no see. I'm delighted that this thread is still going strong. Beautiful blooms. Looking forward to participating once again.

So glad you stopped by Lizzie. Can't wait for you to grow mg's so you can share pics
with us. You grew some beauties a couple of yrs ago.

Glad you found us Lizzie.

Gautier, MS

Thanks everyone.
Pretty blooms Jackie. Glad you found those mgs Jackie. If you ever get a cool and cloudy day the mgs might surprise and stay open for a couple of extra hours.
Glad KyWood and Lizzie joined us. Which ones are you growing Lizzie?
Only 2 pics of my blooms from this morning.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Helena, those are beautiful. I love that soft pink one.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda. Wish that vine would make a few seeds for me.
Here's a few pics from yesterday and today. Got to feed fruit to my turtle visitor.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Helena, I don;t think a cloudy day will do it for this mg. I've grown it before.
but I;m going to have dh help me keep watch. he gets up b4 I do :-).
Love your soft pink mg, its a beauty.
Helena, in case Lizzie doesn't get back here any time soon to answer your question, she's moving into her own place and might have held off on starting any mg's.
Oops, past time for a new thread.

To the new thread http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1542182

This message was edited Jun 21, 2020 12:34 PM

Sunset, LA

Yup, Jackie is right. I am currently enjoying everyone else's photos and agonizing over which varieties to start soaking. How do you guys decide? I know your seed collections are as ridiculous as mine. It's warm here for most of the year, so there is still time. Hopefully we will be closing on this house in the next week or two.

Good luck with your move.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.