Morning Glories 2020 #04

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Happy mother's day ladies.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda and Jackie. Linda that red bloom is a passion flower.

Happy Mother's Day Ladies.

Pretty cool weather here too Jackie. Still early to start more mgs Jackie so hope you do.
A few more blooms this morning to enjoy!

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh
Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

Beautiful blooms Helena. I love the bloom in 1st collage with the blue color block
I';m enjoying your purple and the wine colored blooms when they open.
Partial to the lovely 2 toned pink lily. I love'your last collage Helena with all the tropical's and Salvias. Pretty Calliandra too. I think mine is coming back now after looking dead for over a yr, smh. .

Helena, your blooms today are stunning. Very pretty colors.

A few from the past
Oops, didn;t realize I sent the same blooms for pics 1 and 2

This message was edited May 13, 2020 11:55 AM

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

A couple more including my favorite bloom Pres Bush the 1st pic
A Tie dye variation

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Beautiful blooms Jackie.

Thanks Linda.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda and Jackie.
I love your beautiful blooms from the past Jackie. Those blue colors are stunning.
The leaves on on mg are really healthy looking, that what bothers me about growing my mgs vines. They get infested by these tiny flying bugs, it affects the health of them. I sprayed half the vines but I don't think it helped much. Here's a picture of one, really tiny, almost looking like a tiny grasshopper. These 2 collages are from yesterday.
Jackie, found my Clitoria with one bloom too. Even the leaves on this vine have white dots that seem to be some kind of virus.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Helena, I wonder if your bug is a leaf hopper? YOur mg blooms and'Blue Clitoria are beautiful. I had a virus on my Mandevilla which is the white with the soft pink throat, very rare, came out of someones yard I think here in Ar, like maybe 2 of the mandy';s crossed..Mine had a virus and I found my spray bottle of copper fungicide and it took'care of the problem pretty much. My vine is huge and I have 1 leaf come out with it, the virus,'every once in a while but nothing like b4.. I'll spray again soon, I would like to have'some blooms on it to share with you'all.
My pink brug is blooming sitting outside in the cool temps we just had with rain
so it destroyed my bloom. The 80's are here now and I;m so ready.
My thistle out front with a bumblebee.

Thumbnail by patootie

Beautiful blooms ladies. I have never seen that bug before. I hope you can find something to control them.
Jackie, I love that photo with the bumblebee.

Thanks Linda, although I didn;t get a very good photo. My
bumble bees are disappearing too like the honey bees. About 4 or 5 yrs ago, I had a ton of bumble bees after my pandy but just a few the last few years.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie and Linda.
That bug Linda just goes after the mgs. It doesn't bother my other plants.
Pretty bloom on your thistle Jackie.
Here's collages from yesterday and this morning. A few might be repeat pics of blooms.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Beautiful morning glory photos. I love that orange lily too. Beautiful color.

A lovely assortment of blooms Helena. Beautiful purple or blue star, one of my'favorites.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda and Jackie.
I'm enjoying what I'm getting. Hopefully my milkyway purpureas will start blooming better. I haven't started any more ip nils though I should for different bloom colors.

Gautier, MS

I bought 3 different lantana blooms yesterday. It's been a long time since I grew them for the butterflies. Otherwise I'm getting mostly same bloom colors from my vines.
Milky way has a nice bloom this morning.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Beautiful Lantanas Helen. My favorite color on the lily. :-)
Pretty mg;s too.

To the new thread http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1537977

This message was edited May 18, 2020 11:40 AM

Those are all beautiful blooms Helena.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.