Morning Glories 2019 #11

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie. I think I remember having a vine that did that. I think I see one or two more buds on that vine. Hope they keep growing.
Turned very cold this evening, drizzled a bit too.

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

Found that strange mg vine that made blooms right on the single stem, very unusual
from Dana' plants. Pretty sure she's no longer a member here.
Trying to send links to the weird vine

Edited to remove my links, they didn't work and I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

my pic id's are 103202288 and'
pic id 10322232

This message was edited Nov 15, 2019 12:55 AM

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Oh my. I don't think I have seen them do that. Glad you are getting buds.

I wonder what might make them do that, very strange. I'll look for my sds
and try to grow one again next yr

Found them on threads from 2017. Since I can;t send a good link, just took a pic of my pics from those threads. Sorry the 2nd one is too large, forgot to back off
some.
1st 2 the single stem from 2017, sds from Dana she ordered from Japan
My yellow brug is opening more buds.

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Glad you found your photos. That brug is beautiful. Does it change color after opening? Darker or lighter?

Thanks Linda.
The yellow brug does change color, opening yellow and darkening to more of a peach color. The fragrance is wonderful

I love the smell of the brug. I grew them years ago, and have tried many since. But I can't get them to grow more than 2 foot, and they never bloom.

Linda, they need a big pot. I have 1 under 1 and 1/2 feet cause I haven;t potted it upa size or two. They like to be fed too and plenty of water esp during the heat of summer.
Linda, now that I think about it, it may just be too hot there in Del Rio, I notice the brugs around here don't want to bloom in the 90 + temps.. I still
hope you try one again.

I will keep trying. I might put it on the east side of the house where it won't get the hot afternoon sun.

Sounds like a good idea.
I meant to tell you when my Brug is changing colors, its because of the bloom aging.
I guess about the 3rd or 4th day it starts changing to peachy orange.
It has 5 blooms open at the same time in the g house.
I';ll try to get a pic soon.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda and Jackie. Glad you found your picture Jackie. It looks like it was a good healthy vine with a pretty bloom. My vine is from last years bloom of a chocolate blizzard that I grew from Emma's seed that I still had. I really liked the bloom so I'm hoping that I'll get similar blooms.
Really pretty yellow blooms on your Brug.

Helena, I loved your Chocolate Blizzard, I'm hoping you'll get those same beautiful blooms.
I can;t remember if my blooms from Dana's seeds made seeds that yr. I'll be looking thru my sds for 2017 to see if I gathered any
My Brug with 5 blooms open.

Thumbnail by patootie

Jackie that brug is beautiful.

Gautier, MS

Jackie, I may have made a mistake on the year I grew it, I think it was in 2018 s now I'm not positive. All I know I loved the bloom.

Beautiful blooms on your Brug. I really like the yellow color on it.
Hope you find your seeds from Dana.

Thanks girls. I had to shoot that pic from almost underneath
The only way I could get all 5 blooms in the pic.
Wish I had some mg vines going Helena, glad you do.

Gautier, MS

That's a pretty nice plant Jackie. I've done that too to get a nice picture from a different angle.
I saw another bud on my other vine doing the same thing with the bud almost next to the stem. The vine is short too. I used new soil with fertilizer in it so maybe that's why they are starting to have buds. It also gets pretty chili at night on the windowsill.

Helena, what potting soil are you using with the fertilizer already in it? Is it
Miracle Grow? I'm just glad you have buds forming already. Can't wait to see
new mg blooms.
Speaking of fertilizers though, something strange; I can no longer find my 15-30-15.
That was my favorite blooming fertilizer, rather than using Super bloom

Gautier, MS

Jackie, too early and dark to go outside and check what brand of soil I bought but I think it might be Miracle Grow. I just have a short memory about remembering things.
I will check later. I use to use 15-30-15 fertilizer too, I guess not enough people were buying it for them to discontinue. We should google it, I've been doing that with some success.

Helena, Miracle Grow is fine but its just a little heavier than what I use.
I did find a 3 lb bag of 15-30-15 at ebay for about 14.00 plus tax. Just happy to'find it again.

Gautier, MS

Jackie, glad you found the 15-30-15 fertilizer. It's good to be able to find things that are discontinued on the internet.
The Miracle Grow I bought is Garden Mix with 6 months of fertilizing. I just wanted to get some fresh soil to see if my plants would do better. I might have to get a couple different brands of soil to see which is better.

Helena, I;m really enjoying buying on-line.
When I try other mixes or soils, I always come back to Fertilome.
I used Baccto light many yrs ago
but when it got hard to find, I switched to the Fertilome

Another test today, this one to check a spot on my lungs. I'll worry when they tell me
I've got a reason to worry.

I

Gautier, MS

Jackie, I like buying on line too. It can be too easy and convenient. Sometimes I tend to put off buying and or take too long to order.
Jackie, good thoughts and prayers going your way on your lung tests.

Keeping you in our prayers Jackie.

Thanks Helena and Linda. They might have my results by Friday. If not, I should know something by Monday.

A few from the past Aug 2013

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

I love those colors.

Thanks Linda.

Gautier, MS

Hoping for good results Jackie.
Beautiful blooms from 2013. I had some real nice blooms that year.

Thanks Helena,
I remember you had some beautiful blooms that yr. For me, it was the last yr I had
such a wonderful assortment of blooms. I don;t know why i haven't been able to do it again, smh

Gautier, MS

Just have to keep trying Jackie. I under the weather, caught somebodies cold and now feel lousy. I won't have to do much cooking for tomorrow though which is good.
A few special mgs from 2018 which I didn't get any seeds from the first one. Not sure about the last pic either.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Absolutely gorgeous blooms from last yr Helena. I love the 1st and last one
especially and the pink stripes and splashes on # 3.
I;m sorry you caught a cold, I hate them, you just feel so miserable.
Treat your symptoms and don't forget the zinc, It does shorten the duration.
I;m not going to do much tomorrow either. I will have to make the banana pudding.

Beautiful blooms Helena. I am still fighting this darn bronchitis. Guess it is that time of year.

Linda, didn;t realize you have bronchitis. Hope you're feeling better soon.

Yeah, I get it ever year about this time. Dr says it is a seasonal allergy thing. I am glad I don't have the flu like 90% of the patients in the waiting room had.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie and Linda. Happy Thanksgiving everyone.
Hope you feel better too Linda. I feel better than yesterday but still tired.

My heart is not into Thanksgiving but I hope everyone else enjoys it and gets to
spend time with their family.
Glad you feel somewhat better Helena.
Hope you don't catch the flu Linda being around all those sick people. I worry every time I have to sit in the waiting room and people are coughing and sneezing.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

Gautier, MS

Look at my choco vine showing signs of color but not quite ready to open.

Thumbnail by helenahkh

Oh my. That is going to be beautiful.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.