Morning Glories 2019 #09

Hermosillo, Mexico

Amazing photos

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Beautiful blooms. So glad to hear you have baby monarchs.

Gautier, MS

Thank you mogu2 and Linda.
I'm happy to have the tiny monarch caterpillar. Today in the garden the caterpillar is growing. Saw a lady bug on milkweed plant after the bugs. My baby turtle was hiding along the pots so I placed it in plastic container so it wouldn't run off before I got back with fruit. And I rescued a hummer, fed it and held it till it got strong enough to fly off.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh
Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

Helena, beautiful speckled blooms.
It's great that you have monarch caterpillars
That's amazing that you got to hold a hummer. Something I've never been able to do
Just a few repeats for me. I don't know why my Heavenly Blue hasn't opened any blooms.

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Glad you were able to rescue the hummingbird.
Beautiful flowers Jackie.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie and Linda. Over the years I've was able to rescue maybe 3 hummers, feed them hold them and let them fly off.
I've got the mildewed planted all around the main pot so the caterpillars can move from one plant to another.
Beautiful blooms Jackie. Hope your Heavenly Blue opens its bloom soon for you.
Another bloom from Azuremores white with slight pink tint.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Thanks Linda and Helena
Beautiful bloom from Azuremores. I thought I could
see a lite pink tint in Azuremores bloom the other day.
I had to cancel my eye Dr appt the other day. Someone has told dh that they now do surgery on people with a crease on their eye which is what I have so I'll be making another appt with my eye dr soon. I want to ask him about it,

This message was edited Sep 21, 2019 11:52 AM

Only 2 blooms this morning on the Pearly Gates and a purp on the fence

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Beautiful blooms Jackie. Wish there was a location that we could grow flowers year round.

Gautier, MS

Beautiful blooms Jackie. Hope your eye dr can give you the info about that procedure.
I'm always a cautious about new procedure the want to do.
One dentist wanted to cut a muscle on the back of my gs front tooth b/c he has a gap between them. It wasn't bothering him and not hurting him so there was no reason to do it. We didn't go back to that dentist.
My only bloom from pink tint from Azuremore. Really shows today.

This message was edited Sep 23, 2019 5:49 AM

Thumbnail by helenahkh

Thanks Linda and Helena.
Linda, i could grow mg's in the g house in the winter but so many plants to squeeze back in, there's not much room for mg's. Weeds in the g house 3 to 5 feet tall, so much work to be done in there
Helena I will be cautious about having it done though, if they're even doing it. Dh might have mis-understood. Just tired of struggling to see. Glad you didn't let that dentist perform surgery on your dgs's mouth. Makes you wonder.
You're bloom from Azuremore really pretty today with the darker pink

Beautiful bloom Helena.

Gautier, MS

Jackie I hope your Dr can help you and you can do what needs so you can see better. I certainly want you to be able to see and not have problems with your vision.

Thanks Jackie and Linda. I haven't gone out to see if I have any blooms worth taking pictures of.

I would love to have the vision restored in my right eye Helena.
I'll let you know after I talk to the Dr. I had a pretty Mauve Splash today.
I also had a mg gone wild in the floor of the g house. Will try to send a pic tomorrow.
For months it wouldn't bloom, then finally opened blooms when the temps cooled.

Thumbnail by patootie

Beautiful mauve splash Jackie.

Gautier, MS

Gorgeous Mauve Splash bloom Jackie. Love to see your wild mg from in the gh.
Hope the Dr give you good info concerning your eyes Jackie.

I had a couple of all repeat blooms this morning. My monarch caterpillars are doing good too, took a close up of one of them. They are a bit smaller than the pic shows.

Thumbnail by helenahkh

Thanks Linda and Helena
OMGosh, I was trying to delete a couple of blurry pics and deleted my entire file of pics from 9-09-19. I found them in the recycle bin and restored them.When I hit the delet e button, the pic just stayed there so I hit it again. I looked up and it said no
pics found. Now I'll be scared to delete any more pics for fear I'll do it again.
Love your blooms Helena, Beautiful bloom with dots and Carnival of Venice, a shibori. Nice higes too.

My gs just pulled all the weeds for me in the g house.
It's so cool here this morning, it could turn cold any time and I;m no where near ready.
Heres my mg gone wild from the g house floor. I've grown this one b4, a species, can't recall the name right now.
FSaucer not, must be Pearly Gates
Mauve Splash

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Beautiful blooms Jackie. I've been noticing the wild ones blooming along the roads here. Love Pearly Gates and Mauve Splash of coarse the wild ones are special too.
Nice to see them coming back year after year.

Thanks Helena. You know I haven't seen any wild mg's along the road
side for many yrs now. Although I usually have the little wild white one coming up
in my wild bird sds but not this yr.

Beautiful blooms ladies.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda. Jackie, forgot to say that I'm glad your gs pulled those weeds for you in your gh.
I got my gs to cut a couple of small trees that have been growing in the wrong places with a small hand saw. I cut 4 on Monday. Acorns all over the yard have sprout and I let them go for too long.
My blooms from today. Last 2 pictures are of my hummers on hamelia patens. They have been so ugly to each other, chasing almost non stop all morning. I don't know how they are going to fatten up to migrate.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Helena, yes happy my gs helped me and we have lots more to do.
I've hurt my back lifting a water logged plant so
I'll need his help even more.
Beautiful mg's and tropicals, not to mention the outstanding Roses. I ;love
the size of your Hamelia patens. Mine are large too but I see the scale are all
over 1 of them again. Time for alcohol and q tips.

To the new thread http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1517197

This message was edited Sep 25, 2019 11:12 AM

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.