Morning Glories 2019 #09

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie and Linda.

Jackie, your first blooms is real neat, love it.. All really pretty. Neat ginger plant too. Always hard to untangle vines. I should do that too but still waiting on buds.
Seven acres is a lot to take care of. My daughter had a riding mower that she used here for awhile. I've been tempted to pay a neighbor with lawn mowing service. It still might come to that. To keep up with the grass it has to be mowed every week otherwise we have to struggle cutting tall grass.

This message was edited Sep 9, 2019 6:38 PM

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

Thanks Linda and Helena.
Helena, dh uses a tractor with a bush hog on the back to make quick work of the horse pasture, about 3 acres I would guess. He does use a riding mower for
the large front yard and dog yards and ds's yard next door, If he doesn't mow every week, ours gets out of control too.

Gautier, MS

My purp had 2 blooms today. Somehow my pics of the purps haven't downloaded yet . I'm having more activities from the hummers in my yard.
It's getting to be fun watching them. I'm taking a break and resting.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

My blooms were all messed up today Helena. Glad you were
able to catch pics of your hummers. DH needs to change the nectar
in ours tomorrow.

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Beautiful hummingbird photos.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie and Linda.
Hope you get some more blooms Jackie.
The purple purps were from yesterday. The collage of purps and higes are from today.

Wonderful color on your purps Helena. Beautiful higes too. We know the higes are also purps but I like to keep a little distance between them, at least on paper.
I had what might be a last hurrah on my vines this morning.

A lovely George Bush had a near white color block
Ukigumo
Blue Star
Kosmic kell
Cha cha Maru another large bloom

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Beautiful morning glories, Jackie and Helena. Beautiful colors.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie and Linda. I'm hoping too that I get one or 2 more blooms from my nils but they are either taking a long break or are done blooming. Even my purps are taking their time between blooms.

Love your beautiful blooms Jackie. I hope they still make you and us more blooms to enjoy.

Gautier, MS

I feel so tired that I forgot to post my pics for today after being interrupted. Not getting good sleep, nothing major.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Thanks Linda and Helena
Absolutely beautiful tropicals Helena and I love your Carnival of Venice mg.
I think your 4 o'clocks are awesome.
In your 3rd collage, are those aloe blooms (orange) above your Tecoma
stans??
Weird Saz
Kosmic Kell tiny this morning
Can't believe my Plummie has one bloom still going here in Sept

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Helena, you have such beautiful blooms. I love all your photos.
Jackie those blue morning glories are so pretty, and that plumeria is stunning.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie and Linda.
Jackie, yes that is the blooms from my Aloe. Wish my others would bloom too.

Love your Blooms Jackie. The blue Kosmic Kell is tiny but very pretty. Glad your Plumeria is still making blooms for you.

Thanks ladies
I do love your blooming Aloe Helena and all your beautiful tropical's,. You
have a very nice collection.
My Plumeria won;t set any more buds this late in the yr but I find it amazing that
it's stil opening buds from June
Just a few blooms today
Blue Star opened three

Thumbnail by patootie

Beautiful blue star Jackie.

Thanks Linda.

That is awesome you have monarchs laying eggs

Thanks Helena.
Great pics of your Monarch visitors, I haven't seen one in my yard in years.
Beautiful Texas Red star Hibiscus. I hope you get some lovely plants from the sds.

Just a couple of repeat blooms this morning.
I need to start gathering sds.
Blue Star
Pres Bush
Purp

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda and Jackie.

I didn't go to check my mgs this morning. I had plans to go to a hummingbird festival about 50 miles West from my town. It was nice to see they had a lot more hummers than I do. My oldest daughter also went to one in Louisiana and they had even more up there. So they will still be migrating.

Beautiful blooms Jackie. Hope you are able to collect lots of seeds.

Thanks Helena.
Glad you and oldest daughter got to check out a couple of hummer festivals, sounds like a lot of fun, Good to get away for a while too.
Many yrs ago when the kids were still small. we went up thru North Arkansas headed to Eureka Springs. We got to this tiny town, can't remember the name but the sign said, population 7 and 1 old dog.They had hummer feeders hanging everywhere at this Dairy queen type eatery and there was 20 to 30 hummers trying to eat at every one of the feeders. Never seen anything like it nor since.

Gautier, MS

Yes it was fun Jackie. I belong to several hummer forums on FB and it still happens that some people get loads of hummers. I did see one in Arkansas. I only had that happen to me once in the 80's. I had so many that I counting count, 30 to 60 at one feeder. I was pretty new to feeding hummers, I had to rush to Kmart and buy more feeders. I know California has loads of hummers year round, lucky them.
I had a nice nil open today, only id for it is #70 from Azuremore. Love the dark color of my porterweeds, not sure of spelling.

Pretty bloom from Azuremores seeds Helena. I love your shibori,
wish I had started one.
Pres Bush
couple of purps

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie.
I wish I had started a lot more purps too.
Love your pretty blooms Jackie. Like the colors of your purps.
Enjoyed watching my hummers today, they were being so aggresive and greedy.
Made them fresh nectar to make them happy too.

DG is messing up. I kept check for updates, and saw nothing. All of a sudden I see post from Friday.
Beautiful blooms everyone. Glad you are still getting hummers. We sit out about an hour before sunset. We call it last call for the hummers. We get so many, and they are at a feedy frenzy trying to fill up for the night.

Gautier, MS

Linda, I'm still waiting on DG to delete a picture I posted last week. I don't think we customer service to help us out with mistakes. It's taking just too long to get an answer.
I'm enjoying my hummers till they leave.
Finally had a really nice choco not dots with lite yellow tint bloom. No seeds from this vine and can't find my brush to hand pollinate. It's been one of those mornings when things were going wrong one after another.

Thanks girls,
Helena, I have days like that way too often.
I remember when dg would delete my bad pics within the hour, not any more.
Helena, did you have a pic of your choco not with lite yellow??
I bought a cheap pkg of brushes from the crafts dept at Wal Mart a couple of yrs ago, paid a dollar as I recall. The price is right since I lose them every once in a while.;
My blooms are winding down.

Thumbnail by patootie

Beautiful bloom Jackie. I love the soft blue stripes.

Thanks Linda.
These blooms have varied quite a bit.

Gautier, MS

I had a real nice bloom yesterday of yellow tint choco fuchsia bloom. Thought I posted yesterday, but forgot about the pic. I did get an answer from Melody, my whole post was deleted with my OK. I didn't realize that my daughters name was going to show on the pic she took. Funny, I had to ask my oldest daughter how to edit the pic. No mg blooms this morning on my quick first walk. I'll post another pic of the red hibiscus that I edited later.
Love your blue star bloom Jackie. Very pretty.

This message was edited Sep 17, 2019 7:30 AM

Thumbnail by helenahkh

Beautiful blooms Helena. Such pretty colors.

Your choco bloom with yellow tint is a beauty Helena. Pretty higes too. I didn;t have'a single hige although I know I planted a couple. Rain washed the sds away I;m pretty sure
My blooms are dwindling, just a Pres Bush and Blue Star today the Pres bush
bloom is closing very early b4 I can pollinate, smh

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda and Jackie.
I'm pretty sure that bloom was pollinated by bees or bugs by the way it cllosed curled up. So I'll be watching for seed from it.
We will have to do beter sowing seeds Jackie. I meant to sow a lot more higes and purps and didn't get to. Just have to say it was our off year for sure.

Very disappointing year Helena. Hoping for better blooms next yr,.

Today I had what was supposed to be a Flying Saucer but it is all white
It is a tri-color like Heavenly Blue and Flying Saucer, Blue Star etc because it has the yellow eye, It looks like the white one, Pearly Gates ???
Pres Bush from yesterday
Blue Star also from yesterday
Early Call " " "

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

You are still getting beautiful blooms Jackie. I believe that your first pic is of Pearly gates, Jackie. Pres Bush and Blue Star still with pretty colors from yesterday, nice blue on early call.

If your not sick of seeing my repeats, I had a bloom what we call MW cross but I think it's really Joice Cobb cross ( not sure of spelling). I got my seeds from Dany ages ago. Not knowing any better I didn't pay much attention till years later. Good thing the seeds last for at least 5 years or more. Heard that they should be kept in dark cool place.

Gautier, MS

Forgot to post my pic from today.

Thumbnail by helenahkh

Beautiful photos ladies. We never get tired of repeats.

Thanks Helena, hoping my FSaucers will still make the right bloom.
Mine all repeats too except for FSaucers and H blue wherever it is.
Go ahead and post your repeats Helena,. That's pretty much all I've had most of the summer
Helena, your big white bloom is beautiful. positively glowing as is the
hige.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda and Jackie.
I'm happy with my blooms today. Two nice speckled blooms and the little orange pumpkin most likely. I also checked my milkweed and saw that it had munched small holes. So I checked under a few leaves and yes the eggs hatched and I got tiny monarch caterpillars. So glad I bought 4 more plants so that I would have enough food for them.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.