Morning Glories 2019 #03

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Sure hope it warms up for you.

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

Helena, you';re hard work will all be worth it when you start getting those
glorius blooms. I'm trying to get a few more started so
I can contribute some pics this summer.
It was about 45 here this morning but warming up to the 70's, I love it.

Gautier, MS

Jackie glad you're getting a few more started.
It warmed up this afternoon. 73 now. I was able to get some pots weeded and ready for transplanting. But actually I don't really have the room for them in ghouse unless I take the big salvia pots out. My first mg vines are taking off and need to be watered again with bloom booster.

I didn't get it done today Helena, maybe soon. A few more weeks
and my plants will have to come out of the g house.
Getting way too hot in there with the sun hitting it,
I had my 1st hummer Sunday.

Gautier, MS

I should have got my seedlings in their individual cups too Jackie but didn't get it done either. Tomorrow will have to do, just another day That's the way things go, I guess.
It was raining all day today I had a couple of hummers feeding and chasing each other. It was good to see so I'm glad you had your first hummer too Jackie. I'll be glad when I get my plants out of ghouse too.

Our rain stopped about 1 this afternoon. A muddy mess again Helena
More rain and storms coming Sat and Sunday. The last thing we need!!

Gautier, MS

I can imagine Jackie. We had a pretty bad storm this morning. It was raining very hard. I have not seen it this bad but thank God it stopped before the kids went to school, at least the heavy rain. Not looking forward to more rain here either.
How's the weather in your part of Texas Linda?

We are supposed to get bad weather tonight and tomorrow. We desperately need some rain, but can do without the hail.

Wish we could send you some of our rain Linda. Hoping we;re all
spared from the storms coming this weekend,.

Thanks Jackie. Looks like the storms didn't make it this way. Maybe this afternoon.

We dodged the bullet today too Linda. Another chance'
tomorrow. .

We got our thunderstorms at 4:45 this morning. Lasted about 2 hours, but we only got 1/4 inch of rain.

Gautier, MS

Sorry to hear that Linda, that seems like it's not enough rain. We didn't get any rain that I noticed yesterday. I don't know about today. I did pull out all my big pots out of my ghouse yesterday so it will be good if we get some rain today or tomorrow.

I have a few pots of higes and purpureas I'm leaving outside.

Linda, We're getting a few thunder boomers here. Raining off and on.
Helena, glad you got some work done yesterday. Shouldn't hurt for your purps
to stay out. I doubt if you will have any more cold weather and the purps seem to thrive in the cooler temps anyway
I've had 2 more ochracea blooms open in the last few days
My Camellia is loaded with blooms again

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Jackie, those blooms are beautiful.

Thanks Linda. I need to take a few pics of the
Camellia loaded with blooms. Since the nites were so cool, she just kept on setting buds. I think the reason my ochracea has bloomed longer is I put fertilizer in my big water tub in the ghouse. Someone told me yrs ago. not to feed the species mg's. I had to do it that way so that I didn;t have to manually feed each plant that needed it,. They just all got a dose of food when I watered. :-)

My rose bush exploded a few days ago. The others are just getting buds on them.

Thumbnail by taters55

Beautiful pink Roses Linda, my favorite color

Thanks Jackie.

Gautier, MS

Love your beautiful ochracea and camellia bloom Jackie.

Beautiful rose blooms too Linda.

Thanks girls.
Sunny and warm here today.

Thanks Helena.

Gautier, MS

Lucky I checked my plants and look what I found blooming. Higes, 2nd is peppermint twist started from cutting that broke off. Last pic is my older peppermint twist vine with very light pink stripes with more white.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Pretty higes Helena. My Peppermint Twist did the same thing last yr, making the
lighter colored blooms, just barely could see the pink.
Your purple hige is beautiful,.

Oh my. Those are beautiful.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie and Linda. I have better blooms this morning of the perppermint twist same 3 plants. My hummingbirds love the bottlebrush blooms.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Very pretty blooms this morning Helena. Love the bolder splashes of pink on your Peppermint Twist
Your bottlebrush is a beauty.

This message was edited Apr 13, 2019 11:35 AM

Helena, those are so pretty. I need to see if any place here sells the bottle brush plant.

I managed to get some cups almost ready for planting. I just need to fill them with potting mix, I'm determined to
do it today since it takes me almost 3 months to get blooms.
Transvaal 1st 2 pics all pics 2012
purps on pole
Fuji no Beni
Pink Tie Dye

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Beautiful blooms Jackie.

Gautier, MS

Glad you got the cups ready for planting Jackie. Hope you got to finish.
Beautiful blooms from 2012 Jackie.
I got most of my vines outside. It's getting too warm in ghouse.

Thanks Linda and Helena., Helena, I'm still filling up the pots (cups) with potting'mix.
This was an old bag of Fertilome and I'm having a hard time getting the soil moistened.
Glad you got most of your plants outside, will have to do the same before long.

Gautier, MS

I haven't bought good soil yet, using old from last years pots. Trying to clean up yard too. Here's a pic of my vines and seedlings ready for bigger pots. Definitely need to take morning walks now to see what might surprise me. This morning was this huge bloom on my tree from indica and the higes. Very windy today, we had a good rain last night too.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Beautiful blooms Helena. Those young plants are looking good.

Beautiful higes and indica Helena. Your young seedlings look great too.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda and Jackie. Well they all spend the chilly night outside and survived though might set them back a tiny bit. Lucky for us it warms up by noon.
I planted 2 oleander plants and 1 azalea bush and 2 more to go.

I bet your yard is beautiful Helena, reflecting all your hard work.
I'm trying to hold off placing any plants outside until the 1st of May, could
still turn off cold here but i doubt we'll have any more freezes.

Gautier, MS

Nope, my yard isn't Jackie. I get tired too easily to finish all I have to do.
But I fell in love with somebody else's fence with pink roses, it is covered with them just beautiful. I'm going to stop and take pictures later today if I can.
I hope we don't get any more cold nights here. I started taking out my aloe's plants out. A few have been out for awhile now and about to bloom too.

Helena, I would love to see the pic of the pink roses on someone's fence if you get
time to take them.
I've planted a few more sds but worried since I got the mix too wet,
I had a hard time wetting the mix so overdid it. I;m going to try some Miracle Grow
potting mix and see how it does. I'm running out of time to get June and July
mg blooms

Gautier, MS

They should dry out Jackie.
Here's the pics of the roses on fence. They probably just bloom once a year but look so gorgeous now. They seem to have small blooms. The yard has a huge pool. Roses on front fence and side too.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.