Morning Glories 2019 #02

Gautier, MS

I'm bad about hand pollinating Jackie so it's a chance we take. I should b/c sometimes I end up with no seeds from a favorite neat vine. I'm going to try harder this year.
A couple of days of warm foggy days, now this morning it's very cool.
Blooms from 2016.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh
Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

Stunning blooms Helena. 2016 was a great growing yr for your mg's.
I hand pollinate most of the time but the bees
get there first so its hopeless.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie. It warmed up a bit. Have to water some of my plants in ghouse. Had to unwind some of the mgs that are started to climb to others bamboo sticks.
Yesterday I noticed that my cherry tree has been blooming, found a daffodil bloom and today saw my cactus with blooms inside ghouse. Carolina jasmine is blooming too but forgot to take pic.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh
(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Lots of beautiful blooms today.
Looks like spring is in the near future.

Is that an Aloe Vera bloom Helena, very pretty. I thought I saw a bloom on mine yesterday. Lovely cherry tree blooms. The daffs are in full bloom here so spring
has to be right around the corner, I hope.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda and Jackie. Yes that's one of the Aloe, there's quite a few different species??? of them. I just know that's is not the Vera. I have one that I have not been able to get it to bloom, even though it has multiplied.

Helena, I think the one I have blooming is a Gasteria . It's bloom resembles an Aloe bloom somewhat.

Gautier, MS

I'm not familiar with Gasteria Jackie.

Jasmine blooms, it can take over the yard If I let it.
Pictures got turned upside down after posting!

This message was edited Feb 27, 2019 10:00 AM

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Beautiful yellow Jasmine Helena. Is it fragrant??

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie. Not sure, didn't get too close to them. But will check later.

Helena, that jasmine is beautiful. I bet it attracts bees and hummers?

Hope everything is ok with Helena. Not like her to not answer.

Gautier, MS

A lot going on here too Jackie. I'm ok, just busy with family.
Thanks Linda. I'm sure the hummers will go to the yellow flowers, but don't know if the jasmines have nectar. I am so ready for spring. Walmart had lots of spring plants coming in already. Hope the weather keeps warming up.

Glad you;re ok Helena. I understand busy, my days have not been my own here lately. We've got some possible wintry weather coming Sun or Monday with highs
in the 30's. I wish that could be the end of our very cold temps.
I did 'see blooms on my red Camellia. I'll try to get pics tomorrow. It had over 100 buds a couple of ,months ago but I lost those buds. Just happy to see it's set some more.
Hoping for spring soon,

Gautier, MS

Hope things slow down for you Jackie. I hope we don't get freezing weather, we have not had a bad freeze here so my plants outside are making a comeback.
Camellia blooms are pretty. My neighbor has one that years ago I saw a hummer using it in as a winter visitor. I wish I had that one but it's been years since I had a winter hummer. I am expecting my first spring hummer soon, got my feeders up with fresh syrup.

Helena, will be a while b4 I see hummers. I have had them as early as March 26
when the weather warms up early.. I'll get them out about that date just in case

I have my feeders up too. We usually see our first hummer the middle of March.

Gautier, MS

I keep a record of my sightings through Journey North Sighting when I report my first one every year. Kind of neat to have a record of it. Raining here now, supposed t turn cold again by Wednesday.

Bitter cold here this morning, wind chill of 10.
My shoo fly plant has been blooming its head off.
The ochracea made a few more blooms in Feb

A Gasteria for Helena. The bloom had already pretty much finished

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Jackie, awesome ochracea blooms. I love that yellow color Shoo Fly is an interesting plant.
Your Gasteria plant does resemble a cactus. I like all types of cactus especially ones that bloom.
It was pretty cold and windy here this morning too. Might be still colder tomorrow.

This message was edited Mar 5, 2019 9:53 AM

Beautiful blooms Jackie.

Thanks Helena and Linda.
A shame my ochracea lvs are looking'
so bad. It needs a bigger pot and fertilizer. I'll'try to take care of that as soon as DH feels better and I have a little more time.

Gautier, MS

I really like your ochracea Jackie. The flower size seems bigger, when I grew mine it made small blooms so I gave up on it.
It'll be nice to grow a few of these this year, blooms from2015.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Helena, my ochracea blooms were about 2 and 1/2 inches across.
If I had potted it up, they would have been larger, about 3 inches across.
I haven't got anything done with my plants this winter with so much going on
health wise.
Gorgeous blooms from 2015, Love the speckled blooms, mine were never that pretty. :-( Your soft pink and white bloom is to die for.

Helena, those are so pretty. I love the speckled ones to.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie and Linda. I'm sure I sent you seeds of the soft pink and white stripes Jackie.
Another cold and night and morning but no hard freeze so my plants have made it so far outside with no die backs. First time ever knock on wood. It's beautiful outside, sunny and warming up.

Will warm up here this weekend Helena, so glad but will also have chance of storms.
Yes I;m sure I have the lovely pink and white sds, will try to go thru my 2015 sds from you soon.
Purple No Mai 2012
A lovely Blue Saz, so large the petals tore 2011
China doll not 2012
Pink Asago 2012
Tempest 2012

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Beautiful blooms Jackie.
It warmed up here today. 72 right now. Sun feels good.

Thanks Linda.
We might get up to 72 by Sunday which sounds
wonderful after this awful cold.

Gautier, MS

Enjoying your beautiful blooms Jackie. It's 62 degrees now, I think (what my phone says). Kind of cloudy though. Hope the cold weather is gone from here too.

Thanks Helena, Cloudy here too but I wont mind if it warms up quite a bit.
I ordered a few sds yesterday, Fuji and the lovely Rhodochiton, takes 16 weeks for it to bloom. Ordered a few Cobaea scandens for me and mixed sunflowers for my neighbor.

Gautier, MS

Yesterday I tried posting my pics and message but when I sent it a blank page came up with ERROR. So after taking all that time to write and wait for pics to show up I gave up. I'm doing it differently today, posting pics first then editing to write more. It was a very warm day yesterday and I watered a few plants but had to run around so I didn't get to play with dirt. Maybe today, cloudy day again. A lot of my vines need to go into bigger pots and watered too. Orange tree blooms and wild roses blooming.

This message was edited Mar 9, 2019 8:14 AM

I love the smell of orange blossoms.
Nice and warm again today. We got our first hummer yesterday.

Helena, just guessing but maybe they were up-dating. Very aggravating
when we take the time to gather all those pics.
Love your wild Roses and orange blooms..
Linda, must be pretty warm there for you to already have a hummer
Pink Tie Dye Sept 2011
Jordin Rose all sds lost of this one
Out of Purple Weird Saz sds
Prettiest Saz
out of Dany's sds
All blooms Sept 2011

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

82 yesterday and today.

Beautiful blooms Jackie.

This message was edited Mar 9, 2019 1:16 PM

Thanks Linda.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda and Jackie.
Beautiful blooms Jackie. Love all of them. I might still have a few of those seeds Jackie but will have to check. Got to pot a 3 mg seedlings into bigger pots.
Went to Lowes and couldn't resist 2 salvia plants. Planted 2 blueberry bushes and a cherry tree. First pic of my red salvia variegated leaves that survived all winter outside is setting buds.

Thanks Helena,
Beautiful Salvia's Love the pink blooms but the variegated leaves
are amazing.

Helena, those are beautiful.

This message was edited Mar 10, 2019 7:08 PM

Gautier, MS

Thanks ladies. I had my first Ruby throat hummer mid morning. Pulled out all my blooming plants for him out of ghouse. He was going to the trumpet honeysuckle, still have blooms on turks cap, a few salvia coccineas, the cherry tree and 3 feeders up. Hope he stays and I get a few more.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.