Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all my southern friends

Thumbnail by oxdriftgardener
Fort Worth, TX

Merry Christmas Keith.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Keith Merry Christmas and a Happy New year to you also

Here are some of my Nanking Cherry efforts ,
1 and 2 same plant 3 a couple smaller ones
Their in an individual pot now , I have a group of about a dozen to do , Have to see if the next group has any roots
4 and 5 Couple of the plants in bags

Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7
Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

Merry Christmas Keith.

I planted my potatoes. We will see if they come up. I also planted some Mexican bird of paradise and they have not surfaced yet. They are in the garage on a heating pad. I have about 2 coleus that have rooted and growing. I have killed about that many.

I am going to take some cuttings of succulents this week. Going to be in mid 60's all week.

I typed this last night and did not send.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Sharon it was 50 degrees here today ,
So I cleaned up wood and branches and such ,
Time ran away so not much plant looking over , Hope those Birds come up and grow , Sometimes ages and ages of waiting for sprouts ,
Potatoes rot here , half mud bog ,,

Fort Worth, TX

potatoes don't do well here either. Either too wet mud or drought, and it gets hot too fast. I am trying hugelkultur in the garden instead of trying to raise the whole thing. Had a bunch of really old rotten pecan given to me, dropped it in the troughs of my swales and dumping old potting soil and compost and bunny poop on top, with younger branches intermingled lengthwise to give it some structure. Photo in daylight, I have broccoli seedlings in the easternmost Hugel? don't know what to call it. Maybe row

Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

Merry Christmas Keith, your tree is a beauty.

Merry Christmas to all!

Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

Merry Christmas everyone. My potatoes have rooted and are ready to sprout. I couldn't wait. I dug up a row to take a look. Roses from my garden. Winter coming our way later in the week.

Thumbnail by WormsLovSharon Thumbnail by WormsLovSharon
Fort Worth, TX

Pretty roses.

I am going for broccoli, and onions for out door winter. Freezes too much here, but erratically, then it will be 70 for a couple of days.

Think I'm going to try to grow spinach aquaponically or hydroponically in the house, fish room is about the right temp and it might live and be worth the trouble, feed it and water it by putting it over a 55 gallon aquarium about half full of water with some fish. Pump water through.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

worth a try- deer keeps returning expecting the peas and oats to have grown faster, chuckl. Merry Christmas Keith and All - Hope you had a good one.

Fort Worth, TX

The holidays are over. Broccoli is about 2 inches tall, some are 3 inches, got 1 3/4 inches of rain yesterday, so not having to water. Going to start a few cherokee purple tomatoes and some spinach indoors.

Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

We got snow today. Just enough to cover the street for a few minutes. Suppose to freeze tonight. Big wind tonight. I live on a curve ion the street so when the wind blows the leaves land in my front landscape. Now, with our current wind, about half has blown into our neighbors front landscape below us. The wind is really howling right now and I could go out with my battery operated blower and help he leaves next door. Their gardener comes tomorrow. Mine does not come until Monday. But I think the leaves might protect some of my succulents so I think I will be a good girl.

Had a nice family dinner at our home. Grown grandchildren are a lot of fun. And a lot of help.

Kids got Vern and I an attachment that is wireless that will turn our TV into a Smart TV. Can watch Netflix and Amazon Prime and they also suggested U Tube TV. If i works out we can get rid of DirectTV that is now $176 a month and going up. I spend the majority of my time in the living area of the house because i cannot leave Vern alone. He is having problems with choking and also decides he needs to find me. He does not remember he cannot walk or get from his chair to his wheelchair. To cold for him to be outside. His caregiver leaves at 1:15pm. I am looking for something to pass the time. Maybe learn Spanish.

I just got a bunch of seed catalogs and will have to control myself. My old gardener, that quit, has been trying all month to come back. Not going to happen. This is the time of year you plant spinach, lettuce, peas, turnips, broccoli, but I had better get moving. This cold spell will only last about a week unless it is different from every other year. Every year we get a freeze to kill the tomatoes and then it turns warm again.

Fort Worth, TX

Does that here too Sharon, early freeze them warm then cold January.
My broccoli is up, one more try for spinach, onions in 2 weeks.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

New thread
https://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1495412/

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.