Morning Glories 2018 #11

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

Thanks Helena and Linda. I'm sure it will make sds Helena and will save you a few.
Wish I knew what pkt my sd that made this vine came out of, could send you some of those too b4 they get too old.
Most of my vines are in full bloom, thus so many each day. Still have a few that haven;t bloomed.

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

I'm glad to see your purple no mai, Jackie. Of course I am still in love with the Blue star of india, too.
Helena, I don't see the defects you are talking about.. beautiful blooms from you!

Gautier, MS

Debra, thanks but I try to post picture of my mgs that are not in too bad a shape. I guess you can say I'm picky about I see in them.

These bloomed today. #1 has slight defects, # 5 Yukon-Full Moon also is with defects but at least I hope blooms will get better and it makes a few seeds.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Beautiful blooms Helena. Partial to # 2, lovely purp and # 3, pretty pink.
We haven;t seen Yulon in a while, I hope it makes pretty blooms for you and sds.
I didn;t have much luck with Yukon.
I think this is a youjiro, look at the thin bars
# 2 mutant =DFNM
Berlin blue
Fuji no Beni
Debras Pink

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie. Do hope I get prettier blooms from my vines. Got to water a few with bloom booster this morning.

Jackie, beautiful blooms. Love the blue colors, happy to see how pretty your DFNM is blooming, the no Beni and I like the pink colors too.

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Beautiful blooms ladies.

Thanks Helena and Linda.
So I guess my bloom is the mutant, DFNM. I have some of these tagged
wrong because they looked like the regular Fuji, smh.

Gautier, MS

I've tagged my wrong too many times Jackie. I have too many with no ID's too.

Wish this dark pink reddish pic came out better.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Nothing wrong with that pic Helena.Beautiful glories. Love the center bloom,. is it a
purp with soft pink or lav bars? I like the last one too.
I went to my eye Dr yesterday, getting ready for my other cataract to be removed.
Can barely see to drive at nite just want to get this over with Scheduled for about 3 weeks out, it will interfere with helping DH get the greenhouse ready. all my plastic is down inside and out, what a job thats going to be.
I had a couple of new blooms this morning.1st 2
# 1 unknown
# 2 Morning Breeze, this is a cross not what this bloom should look like
# 3 Pink TD and Plum Surprise
This is not Rosita, looks more like Debs pretty pink or Pink Frost
# 5, Mutant ?

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Names or not, they are all beautiful.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie and Linda. That middle bloom has some Jamie Lynn in center so it has to be a cross. I can't for the life of me remember the name of it.
Hope your eye surgery goes ok Jackie, will be good for you to be able to see good.
Hope your DH is able to get the plastic on your greenhouse without you having to help him too much.
Love your beautiful blooms Jackie. #1 has a pretty dark lavender color. I have a morning breeze seedling started from you too, will have to compare to your bloom.
#4 kind of reminds me of Kohkan (?sp) which I'd like to grow again. Last one is very showy too.
These are my blooms for this morning.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Helena, those blooms are so pretty.

Thanks Linda and Helena.
Helena, that could be Kohkan, I thought I planted 1.
Strange I can';t find any sign of Black King, wonder where it went?
Helena love your 1st 2 blooms esp, they are drop dead gorgeous,
I love # 4 too, looks like Gessaku or whatever that one Debra shared with us.
Guess I lost mine, don;t see it anywhere. My Morning Storm is vry light
but looks to be darker today. It was completely diff when I grew it in 2016.

Rosita a small bloom about 2 and 1/2 inches across
No Sora or cross
Purple TDye?
my lavender looking different this yr
Blue Star of India hoping for sds.

Morning Breeze 1, 2 and 3
Purple no Mai
China doll

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda and Jackie.
All your blooms are so gorgeous Jackie. Those blue and purples are a knock out. BSOI is so special. I always love that lite baby blue color. Rosita, no Mai and China Doll are so pretty too.

Beautiful blooms Jackie.

Thanks Helena and Linda.
Helena, I think my Morning Breeze got some Lite blue Tie Dye
pollen on it for it to be so lite. Can't wait for your M Breeze to bloom,
it could be entirely different

Gautier, MS

I'm happy to get a nice bloom from Yukon, Full Moon this morning. Lavender Silk too has a nice but small bloom. Most of my vines are taking a break or recovering from the bugs damage.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh
Gautier, MS

Just had a bad feeling it was going to make double posts, sorry.

This message was edited Aug 26, 2018 6:26 AM

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Not your fault for double posts. Several people have it done to them.
Beautiful blooms.

Helena, Don't even worry about the dbl posts. We can just skip right over.
Pretty bloom from Full Moon. Nice to see the lovely Aomurasaki youjiro Blizz and Lavender silk. ,.
Pretty purp on the end with pointy petals almost looking like a kikyou

Black King showed back up today
mutant
maybe Kohkan as Helena suggested
Debs pink
Lite Pink TDye with color block

A few more
The pretty unknown blue with lavender and white star I think'it might be on the
same vine as the no Sora, maybe a cross
# 3 Morning Breeze
no Beni, ignore the no Mai sticker
Purple Star not

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda and Jackie.
Glad Black King showed up again for you Jackie. I like it a lot when blooms do neat things. All your blooms are beautiful, love the color of all of them.

Beautiful blooms Jackie.

Thanks Helena and Linda.
When I got up this morning and went out to take pics, the raccoons had
dug up 3 of my vines. (2) I repotted and hoping for the best. The 3rd vine was gone,
guess they ate it. I put cayenne oepper on
the top of the soil in the 2 pots. If this doesn't work, I'm going to buy coyote urine
and put it around the base of each pot,.

OH NO! I hope that works for you. They can be so destructive.

Linda, I;m blaming it on the raccoons but it could have been my kitty. Hes only 2
and acts crazy at times. I put cayenne pepper in the rest of the pots
after I found
another one dug up at 3 this morning.
Some of todays blooms

Jackie, those are beautiful. Why are you up at 3?

Gautier, MS

Jackie, hope your repotted vines recover from being dub up. Hope the cayenne pepper works. Your blooms are beautiful! Really gorgeous.

I took quick pictures of a few blooms that I had this morning before going out of town on an errand.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Helena, those are beautiful.

Linda, I had a nap for an hour or two so it messes uo my sleep pattern but I was
so tired, I didn;t have any choice,
I went to bed right after I repotted the dug up plant.
I;m hoping the cayenne works too
Beautiful blooms Helena.The 2nd one is drop dead gorgeous.
Whar is the 1st bloom? Its pretty too.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie and Linda.
That 1st bloom is from a chocolate silk cross. It took a long break before it had those two bloom that have a look of more pink. I took pictures but only one is came out nice is this one.

Thumbnail by helenahkh

Helena, I thought it looked like a Choc but there was a lot of pink, so I wasn't sure. but it's lovely with more pink tones.
Beautiful Gessaku above.sp?
I've got 2 surprise blooms. I have a Ukigumo tag in the pot but this is not a Ukigumo
Right beside it is this bloom. I think I may have planted a blue LYK with star here.
2 pretty mutants
Could be Kohkan
no Beni 5 inch blooms

Beautiful blooms ladies.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie and Linda. Not of the ID of that bloom.

Beautiful blooms Jackie. All of them really have nice color , 5 inch bloom is huge. I don't I ever had one that big. Really showy.

Man, you guys have been having the most colorful display! Love the 8 spokes, the blues, and the reds most f all, especially the fugi. Helena and Jackie, hoping both of you continue to produce such beauties. Hoping you got your eyes fixed, Jackie. I got a shot in my eye a few weeks ago, for the bleeding inside of it. it still bleeds, next in line is surgery to remove the blood I guess. Not too much happening here in glorys, a lot of familiar purps and crosses of purps, too hot to go out, and I just got my shot in the back this am, so not doing much of anything for a couple days. Sorry I have been MIA so much, please know I pop in and stare in awe and wish summer could go on forever for us. We are leaving for two weeks on the 3rd. Keep posting, I do not know if I will have internet.

Quote from patootie :
Thanks Helena, Juhur and Linda. I was so happy to
see BSOI this morning.
I am always happy to see BSOI, Jackie.

Sorry to hear about your bleeding eye Debra. Praying there is an easy fix. For your back too.
Where are you going?

Thanks ladies.
Debra, so sorry you;re having to go thru so much with your eyes. I am just'lucky that my Macular Degeneration is the dry kind so no shots yet. Could be looking at that'in the future,. They have not set a date for my eye surgery, I;m calling tomorrow ro make'sure they haven;t forgotten me
Whose watching your grand cat while you;re gone?

Gautier, MS

Debra, hoping for a speedy recovery on your eye and back. Have a good trip.
Hope you can set up your eye surgery soon Jackie.
Though my blooms were on the small small at least they look and even opened better than usual this morning .

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.