Morning Glories 2018 #08

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Oona is a beautiful cat.

Not much blooming here in this heat. Even my roses are refusing to bloom.

Gautier, MS

Thanks ladies.
Pretty cat Debra, I have an orange one too. Love your lily too. I bought seeds of sunflowers, just can't seem to get them growing. Love yours.

My BMN in the afternoon yesterday. We are cool down after the rains last night.
Love the blue tiny speck on mauve Q269 cross.
My volunteer purple with reddish stripes.
Pink with lav edges
Choco silk mix

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh
Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

Gorgeous blooms Helena. Love the BMN and the pink with lav edging.
Yiur BMN has a lavender cast to it, very pretty..

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie.
I liked that BMN in the afternoon much better.
First Kikyo bloom, my DH saw the bloom of it with the fancy center which this one didn't make..
We got a lot of rain yesterday evening and night, happy for the plants that needed it. Still looks like it wants to rain more.
Only 3 blooms today.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh
(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

I'm so happy to see your Kikyo! All your blooms are beautiful, Helena. We also got a quarter inch of much needed rain, but after the high 90's the rest of this week, it will be dried up in no time. UGH. Oona is a great companion when we watch out the window.. we saw the hummers getting after the tomato blooms a bit ago..

Pretty little Kikyo Helena and of course I love the pink on the end..
A few baby mg's coming along
Baby Mimosa trees and a dbl blue pea vine
Pandy on the fence, can';t get a good pic of her, sun too bright

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Thanks Debra and Jackie.

Glad to see your little plants Jackie. They look great, your pandy blooms too. Glad you have the blue pea vine growing, I might try a seed in the fall maybe. I find mimosa seedlings growing in the yard, bet yours are the chocolate ones?

Beautiful blooms ladies.

Helena, I couldn;t get the chocolate Mimosa's to sprout. I lost the 2 chocolate ones
I had up,'last yr. I don't know what I did wrong.
The large trees in the front yard, I grew from seed. One yr one of the trees
turned all chocolate, a mutant I guess.
the chocolate never returned after that, it just stayed green.
I have 2 larger blue Pea vines, a single'and a double. Hoping for blooms and seeds
to share.

This message was edited Jul 4, 2018 11:12 AM

Gautier, MS

That's neat how mimosa can turn chocolate Jackie. I saw one by a ditch but too close to the road once so the city workers either cut it down or mowed it. Hope your pea vine grows good this year.
My only 2 nice blooms.
Rose silk and a pink that was supposed to be lavender silk.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Jackie, when you say mimosa, are you talking about the tree, or the plant?
Helena, those bloom are very pretty.

Helena beautiful blooms. I love how the Choc/Rose looks like a sunburst
coming out from the throat and turning into the bars. Pretty Pink Silk too.

Over 30 blooms open on pandy this morning
From Helenas sds, a pretty hummer plant, I;m not feeding it enough to get a bunch of blooms.
Calliandra, pink powder puff....... I don;t know why this isn;t making seed pods
since its outside with the bumble bees

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda and Jackie. Happy Forth Of July!!

Linda Mimosa grow into trees pretty fast, well maybe not the first year. It has pink powder puff flowers. It is different from the Calliandra bushes in leaves. I think more tender.

Your pandy vine and booms look great Jackie.
I'm happy to see your hamelia plant and blooms. It will keep growing and blooming all summer into first frost. Mine goes dormant and comes back in spring. Love your Calliandra plant and bloom Jackie. My Callianda seeds didn't take, has to be sown when the are fresh.

Thanks Helena. I think I just need to feed the Hamelia bush and It would
make more flowers.Same with the Calliandra, needs more fertilizer..
I have a ginger throwing up a flower bud, can hardly wait for it to open.
I fed some of my mg vines too.

Gautier, MS

I need to fertilize my mgs too. I think I damage most of the leaves of my mgs in the back yard by spraying them to kill the bugs. They stopped blooming too, I need to just snip all the leaves and let them grow them out again. Only get one or two blooms from a few of the vines.
Had two blooms yesterday one in front yard, one in back yard.
Today only one bloom in the back yard, this blue and purple. Maybe the color will deepen a bit later.

Thanks for the explanation Helena. People have the mimosa trees growing all over down here.
Beautiful blooms ladies.

The Mimosa's are hardy here too Linda. I love mine.
Lovely blooms Helena.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda and Jackie.

Hope my vines can dry out a bit. At least a few nice blooms today, also seeing more buds on some of the vines.
Aomurasaki youjiro blzd
Mauve Beauty
Dany's Peach
"My Tie Dye" purple made a lavenderbloom this morning
Chocolate silk

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Helena, those are beautiful.

I had to exit my post 2 times trying to send pics, got strange messages
from DG.
Awesome blooms Helena,. Danys Peach is lovely as is the Chocolate.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda and Jackie.

I get frustrated every time I sign in to this site and the pop ups change the curser ??so I start to put my password with my name. Had to change my password quite a few times already. My day was not so good today.

Sorry you are having sign in problems Helena.

Well I still can;t send pics, get a strange message, action un-defined, smh
Sorry you are having trouble with this site too Helena.

My morning glry tree blooming.

Thumbnail by taters55
Gautier, MS

Beautiful blooms Linda.
Hope you will be able to send your pictures Jackie.
I had a few pretty blooms today. First all post my new 4 o'clock. I'm sure I started it last year. Don't think they bloom the first year for me, might depend when they are started. Here's my roses too.

Gautier, MS

Mauve Beauty from blue mix seed baggie. Two nice blooms, one with a bit of damage on same vine.

Kosmo Kelly Not

Chocolate silk

Gautier, MS

The rest of my blooms.

Gorgeous carnea, tree mg, Linda.
Helena, you're 4 o'clocks should bloom the 1st yr since you're in an even warmer zone than me.. Maybe yours is from a dropped
seed from last yrs blooms ??? The yellow one is drop dead gorgeous.
Love all your beautiful mg';s too. The Mauve Beauty is really special..
My pic loaded out today but wouldn;t yesterday.

Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie. That was the first bloom for that 4 o'clock. I like it too.
Love your pretty blue mg bloom with the specks and white stripes. Really pretty blue color.

WOW! Beautiful photos everyone.
Helena, what is the last photo you posted. Pretty pink bloom.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda. That flower is of Cleome or common name spider plant or flower. My daughter bought it for me from Walmart. The pot had several lants growing together, a purple color too. But I really liked the delicate pink color.

Thanks Linda and Helena. I have never grown the pretty Cleome but wish that I had,.
Helena, my blue looking so pretty is really a purple bloom. I don;t know how the camera could see a blue bloom when it is definitely a purple.I would love to have a blue bloom that shade.

Gautier, MS

I don't know why my camera does the color change either on some of the blooms Jackie. We are getting some light rain. Only found two ok blooms this morning. A seedling with variegated leaves starting to grow from a trade.

Beautiful blooms Helena.

Striking bloom in the center Helena.. Is it a Purple no Mai?

Purple Star has been blooming its head off
deformed indica. just happy to see any blooms from her
Pandy opening a ton of blooms every day.This time last yr, all her foliage was dead
My lovely Dancing Girl Begonia, each leaf is different
Figs forming

This message was edited Jul 8, 2018 12:33 PM

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Happy Birthday Cat.. Hope you return to the mg forum soon.

Gautier, MS

Beautiful blooms Jackie. Happy you are getting lots of blooms, always good to see them.
Jackie, I don't have an ID for that bloom since the label I wrote for it was supposed to be a blue speckled bloom. Might be a dropped surprise seed from seller.

Hope you had a great day for your special day Cat!

Beautiful blooms Jackie.
Happy birthday Cat.

Gautier, MS

Two nice blooms today.
Q269 has been a good blooms, also see some seed pods.
From you Jackie, LYK blue star looks a bit purple star. I love it, thanks Jackie.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Thanks Helena and Linda. Love your beautiful pink and white that resembles
no Mai.
Helena your LYK does look more like the original Purple Star, thinking I mis-named
the seeds
Love your Q269!!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.