Morning Glories 2018 #07

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

Beautiful blooms Helena, the 1st one is very unusual.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda and Jackie.
Jackie that bloom is Aomurasaki youjiro blzd. This morning the vine has 2 blooms.
A few new blooms this morning too.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh
Gautier, MS

A few more pics, lots of repeats.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh
Gautier, MS

Loads of blooms this morning.

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Helena, those are beautiful!

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Helena - they're lovely! I especially love the deep purple one (I'm partial to deep colouration). Keep 'em coming! I love people posting pictures of their pretties :-)

Incredibly lovely blooms this morning Helena. I love your Aomurasaki
What is the deep purple? it's very pretty. Love the hot pink and the last one in'the first set,. Actually I love all your blooms Helena. I wish I could remember the names to
the last 2 on the 3rd set.
So hot here, I can barely go out to water and spray, zaps all my energy.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda, Susan and Jackie.
Jackie, I think the bloom you are referring to as deep purple is Star of India. The last two on the third set are "my tie dye" one vine has light blooms the other has dark.
I know it's getting way too hot here especially in the afternoon. I finally got the rest of my mg vines into bigger pots. Spent 2 hours doing that and was worn out by 10:30 am. My energy was zapped too Jackie.

Helena, I wondered if that bloom was Star of India or Royal Robe which comes out of Star of India seeds,.I love your Aomurasaki. Pretty Tie Dyes too.
Today I sprayed cinnamon on my pandy trying to slow the blister bacteria down some.
Hope I can pot up a few more mg vines tomorrow.

Gautier, MS

Star of India a few other blooms are from a packet of old seed mix I had collected years ago. Glad you sprayed cinnamon on your pandy Jackie. The leaves on my vines look terrible but I'm getting help from a few small spider that are making their webs around my mgs.
So got a few new blooms this morning along with the repeats.

Gautier, MS

Some more blooms.

Gautier, MS

And the rest.

Your blooms are out of this world beautiful Helena. That pink in the 1st row is to die for as is that gorgeous purple in the 2nd row,. You got names for these two? I'll be begging for seeds. lol

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie. I love that pink, pink star too. Crossing fingers for seed. I fertilized several pots on the patio today, hoping for more blooms.

I don't have a name for the next two blooms from the same vine, other than wine color mauve splash look alike. https://davesgarden.com/community/forums/fp.php?pid=10369134&extraimg=0

All your blooms were really special today Helena, some of the prettiest I;ve ever seen..

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie. I'm glad I choose some of these older seed baggies. Only a few blooms this morning before the rain came.

My friend turtle eating mushrooms in the yard.

More beautiful blooms Helena. Love your turtle.
Another Xiong's bloom the other day.

Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie.

Beautiful Xiong's bloom. I like the color of that bloom.

Thanks Helena, Xiongs is a unique color. I found old turbinata sds (pink moon vine) and planted 1 or 2, hope they sprout.

Very pretty blooms ladies.

Gautier, MS

Jackie hope those seeds sprout.
Thanks Linda.
Blooms from today.

Helena, those are beautiful.

Lost my post again, hitting some button, don;t know which one, that zaps my entire post, smh.
Helena, more gorgeous blooms..
pandy
the sheer size of my pandy
Elderberry, coming up everywhere
Pink crinum starting to bloom

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda and Jackie.

Beautiful blooms Jackie. It's nice to see your blooms. I have elderberry coming up all over my yard too. Hard t keep up with all the weeds too.

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

I now have mg's growing in all 3 pots. Looking forward to seeing them get big & bloom, Right now, 2 are only seedlings.

Thanks Helena, I do love the elderberry shrubs/trees even if they are invasive.
Almost as bad as the polk salad.
Susan looking forward to your blooms..

Gautier, MS

Looking forward to your blooms too Susan.

From this morning, more rain on the way.

Gautier, MS

And the rest of the blooms.

Oh my gosh Helena, more beautiful blooms..

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie. I like seeing lots of blooms.

A pretty bloom from Aomurasaki youjiro blzd.
A nice pink ip. nil.
Most of the blooms from "my purple tie dye" have been nice big blooms.
A lite tint of blue with pink center on this purpurea.
Just a chocolate with picotte.

Beautiful blooms Helena.

Wonderful blooms this morning Helena. I love Aomurasaki youjiro blizzard.
Pretty Tie dye blooms you;re getting and the lite blue purp looks like
Jamie Lynn which comes out of Carnival of Venice sds. The pink is a
little more pronounced, radiating out further from the throat than usual..
I wonder what her sds would produce.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda and Jackie.
Sometimes it's just a surprise to what blooms turn out to be Jackie. I was expecting a hige out of that purpurea. But I liked it anyway.
Camera messed up on the color of first 2 blooms. !st is a lite lavender out of "my tie dye" and the 2nd pic is a odd washed out color mauve from a cross of Q269 seed.

Lovely blooms this morning Helena.
I loved the purp too and it will probably still make hige blooms. Sometimes they don't start out split,
My tie dye used to throw a very lite bloom like yours on occasion. I think its very pretty.

This message was edited Jun 17, 2018 1:10 PM

Beautiful blooms Helena.

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

Oona and I had had some catching up to do. This is a good year for you, Helena. Your bloom color and shapes have been outstanding. Jackie, love your blooms, too. can't get over that crinium coming up in your yard!

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie, Linda and Debra.

A few vines that I always want to grow, a few new and then the plain one'sthat always seem to show up like the last mg.

Gautier, MS

Lots of chocolate vines, I still have baggies that I need to sow before they get too old just to see if they turn out different from the others.

Glad you;re back Debra, hope you're feeling ok.
I only have 1 mg blooming but I have a few coming along.
I really love the crinum. wish it would bloom all summer.

Beautiful blooms Helena. so glad you have so many
pretties blooming

I love those chocolates, so pretty.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.