Morning Glories 2018 #05

Gautier, MS

Hope you find the seeds Jackie. There has been o much crossing that I think the tie dye name has been dropped.
Sazanami blooms have been special. Xiongs and Berry Ice might be similar in color but different cultivars, I think. Celeste is a cool name, so we are talking of the vines other partner right.

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Beautiful blooms everyone.

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

Thanks Cat, Helena and Linda.
I think you're right about the Tie Dyes Helena.
Hanafubuki may be the name for the Pink Tie Dye, Least
it looks very close.
I don;t know the Japanese name for the Blue Tie Dye.

Gautier, MS

Jackie, when I first started growing mgs. I did buy blue-purple tie die and the pink. I did like the pink if I can find those seeds, I'll test one or two and share them with you.
Today I only got rose silk blooms (chocolate) from 4 different vines.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh
(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

Beautiful Blooms, everyone!

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

I finally followed, you guys don't link to each new thread, I guess.
I do have a query, have mgs popping up now in ground, I intend to move them, but want them in a hanging pot. The question is how many plants can viably be stuffed in that pot? Its maybe a gallon...I expect the mg to be the scarlet o hara or pink splash...

Thumbnail by kittriana Thumbnail by kittriana

Beautiful Choc/Rose Silk blooms Helena. Love the white border on 3rd
bloom and the laciness of the 4th bloom.
Kitt, I use 1 vine per tall 6 inch pot which is about the same as a
gallon container. Even then, it gets so root bound (after a month or two) that it looks like
its going to croak. Guess you just need to try 2 in the hanging basket and see
how they do.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

How do you get them to dbl vines? Do you pinch? Guess I better find another basket, chuckl

I don;t usually pinch mine cause I don;t want to set the blooming back. It already takes me up to 10 weeks till blooms. ::-(

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

10 weeks. Don't think you have enough morning sun patootie, and rootbind, guess I will find out if they like their roots trimmed. If I pinch, I best pinch early...and find a few upsize buckets for later. Thanx guys

I'm not worried about how long it takes till bloom since I like to keep mine on the carport and out of the rain storms.. I know my blooms will be along sooner or later.
I have over 250 other plants to take care of while I wait on my vines..

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

That explains it, thank you!

Pandy is sending up shoots everywhere, and the main "tater" is under the new patio....Cardinal nest on front porch, she is hidden very well, pandy shoot in Joe's vege garden.. Joe's beans and maters and peppers, baby cots out front.....

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife
Gautier, MS

Nice and healthy looking Debra, now give them something to climb on.

Had my turtle visitor yesterday, had to feed her. Today I found a baby turtle in the back yard, but it was too scared to eat. I let it go, if it stays it will find the tomatoes later.
I only blooms for today.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Love the turtle photos. Your blooms are very pretty.

I hope nothing bothers your moma Cardinal Debra.
Pandy is a thug, coming up everywhere. mine does too.
Will the raccoons raid Joes garden?

I enjoy your turtle pics too Helena. I bet your turtle hibernates somewhere there in your yard.(staying close to all that good food) Love your blooms

morning, watched Popa Cardinal feed Momma while she sat. Brown Threshers have built a next right outside the window to the backyard , it was fun, told Joe is was going to be hard to trim that bush now. No raccoons around here, with 8 dogs all around is it won't happen.
Pretty flowers, Helena, and glad to see your turtles. Mine stayed awake all winter downstairs, they eat most everything I give them, including worms, roly polys, veges, hard boiled eggs and fruit. The little girls next door love coming over to "help feed" them.
No blooms, Joe will build me a trellis for the pandy, also the wild blackberry is in full bloom, sending up shoots along side the pandy. Going to be a fruit filled year.

Thumbnail by joeswife

Beautiful bird photos.

I love your bird pics too. Time for a new thread

To the new thread http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1475879

This message was edited May 12, 2018 4:57 PM

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.