Morning Glories 2018 #05

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

Very pretty blooms Helena. So glad you and cat are getting such lovely blooms.

Love your Pretty nil wiith the wide white throat and margin Cat.

LOL Debra
My Easter cactus, bloomed after I repotted it
Mutant? from 2017
Down Home Begonia and unknown moth
Look how her color matches part of the Begonia leaf.

This message was edited Apr 30, 2018 12:37 PM

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Thanks Cat and Jackie.

Pretty bloom Cat. I have not grown Thunbergia from seed.
Pretty blooms too Jackie. Your pink cactus flowers are gorgeous.

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Wow! Look at all the beautiful blooms.

Thanks Helena and Linda.

Sunset, LA

Wow, Jackie, that cactus went crazy. How many blooms are on that thing? Really like the feathered spokes on that 2017 Mutant.

Sunset, LA

Wow, so many this morning that I am excited to share. The Blues is supposed to look very different from what I'm getting, but these are pretty cute. Looks like #5 isn't going to load for me.

#1 Mauve Splash
#2 The Blues
#3 The Blues
#4 Celeste offspring

Thumbnail by CatalystSwitch Thumbnail by CatalystSwitch Thumbnail by CatalystSwitch Thumbnail by CatalystSwitch
Sunset, LA

I think I missed the mark getting a correct label for #1. I have her marked as Chiaki's Cooler Sister (unrelated to actual Chiaki), but I think I may have accidentally combined seeds from a similar nearby plant. The grandparent was another miss. Was supposed to be either Kikyo Fuchsia, Plum Pie, Peach Pie, or Yaguruma. The Sayaka cross doesn't look so mottled in person.

#1 ?
#2 Celeste offspring
#3 Sayaka cross
#4 Sayaka cross with leaves
#5 Celeste offspring

Thumbnail by CatalystSwitch Thumbnail by CatalystSwitch Thumbnail by CatalystSwitch Thumbnail by CatalystSwitch Thumbnail by CatalystSwitch
Sunset, LA

I started Fuji Flame too late in the season last year, only got to see 2 blooms then. Really happy to see how reliable she is. She seems content to swirl around near the ground for now, not much of a climber. Bet she'd be a good indoor jmg. I miss details like how the leaves create repetition when I cram plants together. By June they will all be tangled messes, making IDing more difficult. Did I learn from last year? Nope.

#1 Fuji Flame
#2 Yarrow
#3 mushroom pretending to be the third Moon vine I sowed
#4 Moon Dance reaching for Early Call seedlings
#5 Mauve Splash leaves

Thumbnail by CatalystSwitch Thumbnail by CatalystSwitch Thumbnail by CatalystSwitch Thumbnail by CatalystSwitch Thumbnail by CatalystSwitch
Gautier, MS

Beautiful mgs Cat. So glad you are sharing your bloom pics with us.

My volunteer opened up this morning.

Thumbnail by helenahkh
Sunset, LA

Woah, what is that one? Looks like Sunrise Serenade, but prettier. Is this the normal blue for JL? I would describe the color in person as water used to rinse paintbrushes.

#1 Jamie Lynn
#2 The Blues way more accurate photo of the color.
#3 Akatsuki no Umi

Thumbnail by CatalystSwitch Thumbnail by CatalystSwitch Thumbnail by CatalystSwitch

Gorgeous blooms Cat. Love all the different mg's.
Pretty yarrow, love the vivid red.
Helena,one of the prettiest hige's I;ve ever seen.

I agree. Beautiful blooms everyone.

Gautier, MS

Thanks ladies. I grew a red hige last year, but I don't think it was Sunrise Serenade. I know I like this one though.
Beautiful blooms Cat, really like your #2 blue mix. Jamie Lynn is neat too.

I loved the Blue Mix too. :-)

Sunset, LA

Not sure what Fuji Flame is doing here, but it's on both flowers of this vine. China Doll is showing herself today in #4

#1 Fuji Flame
#2 Not Sayaka
#3 Not Fuji Country Blue
#4 Celeste offspring
#5 Celeste offspring

All very pretty blooms Cat but really like # 5.
I love the'red color of Fuji Flame.

Cat, those are beautiful colors.

Gautier, MS

All pretty Cat. # 5 is really nice.

Haven't taken my pics yet.

Sunset, LA

Quite a few this morning. The thread keeps thinking in trying to preview instead of post, so sorry for any duplicates.

#1 Celeste offspring
#2 Chocolate Queen
#3 Murakumo, not really
#4 Celeste offspring
#5 Fujishibori

Sunset, LA

More purpurea survivors than I initially thought. Hope they keep surprising me with more. Another strange Fuji Flame on the same vine, just fewer petals. This bloom from The Blues looks typical, but is fairly large.

#1 Split Second
#2 Sunrise Serenade
#3 Fuji Flame
#4 The Blues, not really
#5 Celeste offspring

Gautier, MS

Beautiful blooms Cat. Neat Fujishibori and like the color of your #4the blues and Lav. too, but all are pretty.

Only had 3 blooms.
#1 and 2 from same bloom.
Rose silk
Q269 cross ?

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh
(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

Helena, Jackie, and Cat, all of the blooms you have posted are just outstanding including the non morning glory pics. Isn't nature grand?

Gorgeous blooms this morning Cat.
Helena, your blues are amazing.
Thanks Debra. Hope you;re doing ok.

Sunset, LA

Oohhh love them all, Helena. Is that your Q269 with lime leaves?

Gautier, MS

Thanks ladies. Hope you are doing ok Debra.

Cat, yes that's Q269 with lime leaves. It did make a few seed pods inside but started to get bugs. Mgs from inside house got place outside on my front patio.
The ones inside gh are doing great but no buds yet. I need to get them out soon too.

Gautier, MS

Pics from today.
Blue from 2014 seed
Rose silk mix
last 2 pics volunteers from last year

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh
Sunset, LA

Lovely. What made you decide to grow the 2014 blue seed? Been miraculously clear of bugs so far, save slugs on the Purpureas. But they seem to outgrow what the slugs can eat without a problem.

#1 Jamie Lynn purpurea
#2 Mauve Splash
#3 Not Sayaka, what are you doing?
#4 Murakumo, looking closer
#5 Myles with Celeste offspring

Sunset, LA

And some more

#1 purpureas
#2 Celeste offspring
#3 Chiaki's Cooler Sister, not really
#4 Celeste offspring
#5 Kikyo Snowflakes?

Lost my entire msg shoot
Helena love your pretty Blue from 2014 and of course the silks
Beautiful blooms Cat esp the Murakumo and Sayaka
From 2017
Purple Star
Thick stem from Danas Jap Mixed
Candy Piink
Pink willow Leaf Dana
Front Porch Saz unbelievably beautiful and didn;t want to make any sds
the very reason I never end up with many Saz sds

This message was edited May 5, 2018 12:40 AM

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Thanks Cat and Jackie. I decided to sow the blue cuz the description said blue with blue star and I wanted to see if they would come true, so far not.
Really like all your blooms Cat, Mauve Splash is awesome.
Jackie beautiful blooms, you know I always loved that first bloom of your. This year I'm hoping of getting some nice Saz blooms, crossing my fingers.

I hope you get some really lovely Sazanami blooms.Helena.and some
good seed production.

Sunset, LA

Beautiful blooms, Patootie. Especially love #1.

Got a TON of blooms today, but had to take a lot of group photos because it started raining. The Celeste container is just completely loaded. Would have enjoyed more time to admire individuals with some coffee. For #4, I planted Fujimusume and a variety from Azuremore that I've been calling Storm Clouds. I could be convinced it was either. Apparently sowed some Kikyo seeds over by the chicken coop. I bet they were part of a mystery mix and I assumed the small seeds were purpurea.

#1 Celeste offspring, multiple vines
#2 The Blues, multiple vines
#3 Blue Spots, from poisondartfrog
#4 ?
#5 Kikyo something

Sunset, LA

Aside from a vine that has star-shaped blooms, Celeste is consistently producing large bloom sizes.

#1 Celeste offspring
#2 Celeste offspring
#3 Celeste offspring
#4 Celeste offspring
#5 Myles in the elephant ears

Thanks Helena and Cat.
Beautiful Celeste offspring Cat.
I;m partial to # 3, resembling a Tie Dye, one
of my favorites. Myles is a sweetie.
All from ;last yr
Xiongs Chinese
Saz
My special mg
Lav chiffon
Morning Storm is how its marked

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Wow! Look at all the beautiful blooms.
Thanks for posting them.

Gautier, MS

Jackie, hope so too for lots of Saz blooms.Beautiful blooms from last year too.

Beautiful blooms Cat. Is Celleste someone you got those seeds from? Just curious, I like naming blooms from the person I got it from too.

Blooms from this morning.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Beautiful blues Helena. I love # 4, is it a Purple Tie Dye?.
I wonder why I can;t find any vendors selling Blue Tie Dye and the
lovely Pink Tie Dye?
Found these 2 pics from my 2012 bloom files
Beautiful blue Tie Dye the blues I ordered from Mr Parks
turned out to be purple
a pretty purple hige
Ultra light Mutant=DFNM
Last one Little Miss Piggy not, she has another name

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie. That tie dye is one I call my blue-purple tie dye. I remember buying a blue tie dye from Parks ages ago too and it turned out purple. I did get a real neat bloom but my sons dog broke the vine so I didn't get the seeds I hoped for. Beautiful blooms from 2012. Ilike your neat hige too. I don't remember the other name for Miss Piggy.

Thanks Helena,. I don;t know why I wasn't able to gather a lot of sds from Blue Tie Dye. I might have 2 or 3 sds around here someplace. Will check my 2012 seeds.

Sunset, LA

Wowow. Love the Sazanami booms and Jackie's special bloom is so pretty. Saw a bloom from Gerris that I thought was Xiong's, but he called it Berry something and it had VERY red vines and veins. Celeste is named after the boyfriend's mom. Cool name, right?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.