We came from here http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1469534

A few from 2013
#1 BMN Blue Marble Not
#4 variation Purple TDye ??
# 2 not sp pretty cross of Aogakiyama and M splash
# 3 George Strait
# 5 Clitoria single bloom

This message was edited Mar 9, 2018 1:09 PM

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

Had to edit all the placement #'s since they all came out in the wrong order. I sent them 1 at a time so don;t know what DG is doing to the pics.

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Beautiful blooms Jackie.
Thanks for the new thread.

If anyone has any Clitoria seeds, let me know.

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

Beautiful blooms on previous thread, Helena. Gorgeous blooms on new thread, Jackie. I have tried and tried to grow those blue clit peas , I'm just not successful, so I wont try again. meanwhile, I will continue to drool over all ya alls blooms.
Gessaku , setosa, lav moonvine, gessaku and jaimie lynn, mauve star ? Purple star is more purple., I grew both on the patio arch last august.

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife

Linda, I';ll try again for sds of the blue Clitoria pea vine. Mine didn;t bloom well and I think I've lost the plant I had growing for 3 yrs or longer. I'll try to start 1 or 2 sds again and maybe plant them in the ground,. I gave a friend a vine 1 yr and she grew it'to perfection in the ground, Made tons of blooms and seeds and then let the frost/freeze kill it without sharing sds back with me. I should have gone over and collected them myself.
Thanks Debra Love your Gessaku, will plant 1 or 2 soon. The Mauve
Star is pretty..

Debra those blooms are stunning.

Gautier, MS

Beautiful blooms Jackie. Love all the colors, your GS is what I was expecting to see on my vine.
I will have to search for the clitoria seeds Linda. I'm not organized. I think you have to nick and soak the seeds for faster sprouts. They have a very hard coat (shell).
Beautiful blooms too Debra. Gessaku is one that I want to grow this year.
No Pics today was out shopping, got more tropical plants.

Sunset, LA

Patootie, all stunning, but that #4 bloom is extra cool. I like how soft the blue is and how it meets the pink center with a solid border. It's like a more interesting Orihime. Also loving George Strait.

Thanks Helena and Catalystswitch
I soak my Clitoria sds too Helena. Usually I don;t nick them but it does speed things up even more. I thought your last Ga Strait looked like my pic, Very pretty. I like the Pink Ga Strait too but not quite as pretty as the blue/purple
Catalyst, I don;t think '# 4 is the TD variant but maybe I;ll see another identical bloom with an id.

Sunset, LA

Seedlings are beginning to grow their true leaves. Some varieties are doing better than others. Kikyo Fuchsia, Fuji no Monet (definitely a favorite), and a mystery cross from a Sayaka seed that had a strong blizzard.

Thumbnail by CatalystSwitch Thumbnail by CatalystSwitch Thumbnail by CatalystSwitch Thumbnail by CatalystSwitch

Nice to come home and see the beauty's here from everyone.
CatalystSwitch, you had a great grow out in 2017. We welcome you! I hope you try some of the seeds I sent you Helena, I know there is Gessaku in that mix.
Working weekends, tired, but still buzzing LOL... Have a great day tomorrow!

Some real beauties there CatSwitch

Gautier, MS

Pretty blooms CatalySwitch...Fuji no Monet is a fav of mine too.
Debra I am going to sow some of your seeds.
I found old seeds of single Clitoria, hope they are still viable, so going to test them.
This mornings bloom. Bud started out pinkish but the bloom is almost white with a light pink stripe. Vine had 2 blooms.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh
Gautier, MS

Here's the other blooms from this morning.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Love those big, pretty white blooms Helena. The large
purple is nice too.

Sunset, LA

Helena, beautiful booms. The pinkish white one looks like a wedding gown. Is it a China Doll or something else? Your foliage looks great, too. My biggest battle was with caterpillars and whatever those leaf tunnelers are. They ate Sevindust like I'd seasoned the plants for them or just moved on to eat new blooms. =( The neem oil helped, but I had to be on top of it constantly. I dislike killing bugs, but spent many a morning performing what reminded me of school headlice checks on each plant, killing any offenders by hand. What do you ladies do to protect your outdoor plants?

Thumbnail by CatalystSwitch Thumbnail by CatalystSwitch
Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie and CatalySwitch... I'm not sure of the ID for the white bloom with a lite pink stripe. The seed was tan cuz I wrote that on label. I had a bloom like that from Onalee's seeds long ago but it's possible for it to still be China Doll. Will have to see on the future blooms.
Pretty blooms Cat...The pests in summer are pretty bad here. I usually use insecticidal soap(? 4 sp). Or other sprays I happen to think might help. My problem with bugs is usually on the leaves. I'm loving growing them indoors, not having that bug problem now. I've heard about neem oil but too much trouble for me.

Cat, Getting to where I don;t spray but maybe 1 time. Too much to do and just 1 of me. Wish I could find some Bonide systemic like I used to use, worked great
and didn;t kill my vines like the Bayer rose systemic

Helena happy for you that you don;t have as many pests since you;re growing inside,.
You might like the bonide too for your outside mg vines.

This message was edited Mar 11, 2018 8:25 PM

Gautier, MS

Jackie, I think I seen the Bonide at Lowes and Walmart. I would get it if they have a premixed spray ready to use b/c I just don't like to be mixing stuff and keeping unused liquid it around. I'll have to check to see what's available.
Windy and cool morning. Glad I still getting inside blooms.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh
Sunset, LA

Patootie, I almost killed my 2017 vines with Bayer systemic rose pebbles. Had to go back with a spoon, scrape off the top later of soil, and flush the heck out of them with water. That being said, it made my roses and zinnias look awesome. I have no problem mixing things myself, just don't want to be doing it all the time (neem oil and removing insects by hand). There are just too many plants to be spraying/investigating the underside of every leaf every morning. I also like to take pics of my flowers, so powder doesn't look very nice. I got some Bt powder to try. These morning glory vines put on new (untreated) growth so quickly, something systemic really would be ideal. Pic of sprout is Cinderella bloom. Hoping she will be a billowing beauty like Helena's mystery white. Grew a China Doll last year, she also came from a blonde seed and looked a lot more like yours (soft pink throat blush with occasional pink stripes) than the breeder photos.

Thumbnail by CatalystSwitch Thumbnail by CatalystSwitch Thumbnail by CatalystSwitch

Beautiful blooms Helena and Cat.
Helena, the bonide is granules, but I never killed any vines with the bonide. I can;t do the sprays when my mg;s have a hundred lvs to spray back and front, too much work so the systemic is a better choice.
Cat I scraped off the bayer granules after I saw my mg's wilting but it was too late.
I tried to flush them with water but might not have flushed enough. I know I lost
1/3rd of my mg vines, That was 2015 or 16 I think.
From 2013
# 1 no Mai???
#2 labeled no Sora cross
3 is Blue silk
4 aogakiyama x M spash cross
5 small pumpkin thanks Helena

This message was edited Mar 13, 2018 11:18 AM

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Cat, your seedling looks great and so does your China Doll blooms. I like the delicate look of CD like your blooms. We all love to take pictures and just drool over them here.
Jackie, love your pretty blooms too. But I'm pretty sure #5 is pumpkin. If Bonide is granules, I will probably try it, just a little bit on each pot. Beats spraying all the leaves that's for sure.

What kind of bugs are we killing on MGS? Just curious... I caught a bloom today down in the basement jungle..there are a lot of pods down there from the light fuji I had in early winter, a blue and white watercolor, and another purp. I just could never get them to my camera.
Found a nice gift from DS this am while looking at everything down there....

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife
Sunset, LA

I am mostly killing leaf miners and moth caterpillars and the occasional hornworm. Sometimes slugs or fire ants, though the fire ants are more of a problem with me than with the plants.

Gautier, MS

Pretty bloom Debra and nice gift from your DS.

The bugs I get on my mgs affect the leaves where they make them look ugly. I haven't succeeded in getting rid of them no matter how often I sprayed them, they seem to come back.
Blooms for this morning.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Helena, you are so right. I couldn;t remember it's true name. It's a
pretty little mg.
You would love the Bonide brand of systemic. Almost'impossible to
hit all of the lvs with a spray.To be safe, I use a little less than the instructions call for on the bonide. Lovely blooms this morning Helena, I esp love # 2 with its pretty, lacy bloom.
Love your white bloom too Debra. got a neat shape. A sweet gift from your son.

Wow. All your blooms are beautiful.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie and Linda.
#2 is Black King but I think the color is off a bit because of growing inside.

Today's blooms:
White with hint of pink mist
rose silk mix
Blusing Bride
Pink blizzard, last 2 blooms.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Breautiful blooms Helena. You know I love pink.
Blushing Bride is incredible,

They are beautiful.

sarasota, FL(Zone 10a)

My Morning Glory Shrubs pink blooms are being consumed by the squirrels. Do they also eat glory vine blooms? Thank you.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie and Linda.

I'm so sorry to hear about your blooms being eaten by squirrels Seedcatcher. I only heard of them digging to hide acorns. That is strange for them to want to eat the blooms so food must be scares. I don't think that they will go for the vines too. I have lots of trees that produce tons of acorns and then my cat's like to chase the squirrels so they stay up on trees most of the time.

Gautier, MS

A few mgs for a cold morning, there was some frost outside.

Beautiful blooms Helena.

Love your pretty blooms this morning Helena. We're having nite temps at or below freezing too, then it warms up to 70 during the day. Love the 70's, just right.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda and Jackie.
It was much warmer this morning then previous days. It started raining lightly too.
Iwent to Lowes to look around, got 2 more salvia plants. Checked for Bonide, they have ready to use spray and Neem oil ready to use spray too. I almost bought both but decided to wait till I need it. My great grand baby wanted this pink watering can which cost a lot more than it should so she will be helping me water plants. They did not have the granules in Bonide.

Helena, glad you did not buy the spray, too much work. Maybe they will get the granules in at some point. I need to look at Home Depot.

Your blooms have been excellent , Helena. As long as we see those beauties, who cares about the leaves, right?

Gautier, MS

Thanks Debra. Jackie, I need to go check out Home Depot too. It's about 30 minutes away so I don't go that way much.
Mgs and 3 new plants I bought this past week.

Beautiful glories, Salvias and # 3 pic whatever it is is very neat Helena.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.