Morning Glories 2018 #03

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

I agree, drooling over the purple bloom. It is exquisite. Your salvias and blue butterfly bush are very pretty! It must be warm where you are at...

Gautier, MS

Jackie and Debra thanks. It's a Clerodendrum sp. blue butterfly bush. It's warming up here after a few cold nights and mornings. My hummer is back too. This morning my turtle friend came for a visit, poor thing was starving. I treat him or her to a feast of grapes tomatoes and later my great grand baby gave it cantaloupe and other fruits.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh
(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Beautiful blooms Helena.

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

Love your pics Helena.
I guess turtles hibernate over winter, no food, so I
imagine he is starving. Turtles must be smarter than we give them credit for,
he knows to come to your house for food. :-)

Sunset, LA

Bought some Bonide spray at Home Depot. Tested it on one seedling, will see if it still looks healthy tomorrow.

Thumbnail by CatalystSwitch

Catalyst I hope your seedling will be ok in the morning. I don;t usually treat
seedlings as they don;t usually have pests attacking them while they;re so young.
When they're tiny, they're more susceptible to an overdose of bug spray..

Gautier, MS

Thanks ladies.
Hope your seedling is ok Catalyst.
I think your right Jackie, thisturtle must have been hibernating and knows where to come to look for food
A new bloom this morning from my blue tie dye like, Saz look. A new bloom from another rose silk mix, I have around 10 vines of them seeds I bought from Emma ages ago.

This message was edited Mar 19, 2018 7:08 AM

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

You';re new blooms are beautiful this morning Helena. Love'the Blue Tie
Dye look a like and that each of your Rose Silks is a little different from the other,.

Those are beautiful Helena.

gorgeous blooms, Helena! My turtles would hibernate if they were outside, but they are fat and comfy and warm and active all winter here..I had a blue butterfly cleordendrum, I gave it away.. it got too big.. and not winter hardy here.. love them tho.

Gautier, MS

Thanks ladies. I lost one I had long ago too Debra but with my gh I paid a ridiculous price to grow this one.
Another 2 vines with first blooms, BK and my tie dye. I had started 3 or 4 seeds of those. 3rd bloom Maisugata.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Love your blooms today Helena, very pretty

Sunset, LA

Wow, Sazanami, so beautiful. Seedlings are doing well, survived the Bonide test. I can't wait until they are larger to spray, the caterpillars are already showing up. Here are the same seedlings (Cinderella) 5 days apart.

Thumbnail by CatalystSwitch Thumbnail by CatalystSwitch

Looking great, Cat.
Helena , beautiful as always. Jackie and Linda, waiting on blooms from you...
I'm going to be off line for three days starting tomorrow, giving you all a heads up.
See you late Fri nite!

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife

Your seedlings look good Cat.
Beautiful blooms Debra.. 4 o-clock in the center?

Gautier, MS

Thank ladies. I agree, your seedlings look great Cat.

Beautiful blooms Debra.

More blooms this morning.
1st last bloom are BK
Saz look-alike
Hint of pink
Maisugata

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Gorgeous blooms Helena.. The Maisugata is really pretty. I love BK and rhe
Saz look a like

Sunset, LA

Joeswife, what is the blizzard Fuji one? I definitely see zinnia leaves in that second photo. Love those as much as morning glories.
Helena, that Sazanami look-alike is so cool. I hope it gives you some seeds, wonder if they will be blonde.
I'm up to over 70 varieties sown now (it's a sickness), but it will still be a couple of months before blooms begin appearing. Luckily, I can enjoy everyone else's photos in the meantime.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie and Cat. The Saz look alike has dark black to brown seeds. I'll save you some seeds of it. It has been a fav of mine too. I think we call it an obsession and addiction to growing mgs, with 70 varieties you have been bitten with the bug.
I'm finding out that the warmth of the sun on my mgs is the key to getting them to bloom sooner. I haven't started on my new seeds yet b/c I still have a lot to get into bigger pots.
Here's my Watercolor first bloom.
Maisugata with different color on same vine.
Two vines with Zas look a like blooms.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

All gorgeous blooms this morning Helena. Love your
Watercolor. reminds me of Blue Blizzard
Wonderful Saz look a like blooms.

We have a horse down this morning, waiting on the vet.
Just worried sick about him, he seemed fine last nite.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie.

Hope your horse will be ok.

Beautiful blooms everyone.

Jackie sorry to hear about your horse.

For some reason I can't log into DG from ournew computer. It says my email address is incorrect. I have sent messages to Melody and also on Facebook to DG. No one answered.
So all I have is my phone and not easy to see photos clearly.
So I will pop in when I can.

Thanks for the kind words Helena and Linda. We will lose our horse, my heart is broken.. . Goldie we;ve had for 14 yrs and Bill for 10 yrs.
Linda, they wouldn't help me last July when I asked for help, never answered me.
No wonder so many members have left this site.

So sorry to hear that Jackie. Never easy to lose a pet.

Thank you Linda.. Bill was such a character, gonna miss him something awful.
As will Goldie, she loved him..

Gautier, MS

I'm sorry for your loss Jackie. Pets are always special.

I don't think we have the same workers as before Jackie. It doesn't seem like it.
Just glad at least we have our little group.

Your blooms are still as lovely as ever. I love the partial spokes, the white trim and the lacy look on the watercolor, Helena. Yes, Cat, those were zinnia leaves, But the bloom, Jackie was a SOH bloom.
Just got home from KC, MO, to see my youngest daughter. She seems so happy.

Thanks Helena.
Debra, I couldn;t tell if it was a Scarlett O'Hara, I haven;t seen one in
so long. Very pretty with the original scarlett throat, not the white throat which
came about later I don;t try to grow the original because I can;t keep it true.
Glad you found you;re youngest being so happy. Relieves our minds as parents.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Debra.

So I'm still getting repeats. But I need to get my other seedlings watered and into bigger pots.

Wonderful to be able to enjoy your pretty blooms Helena. It will be months
b4 I get any blooms. Plus I only have a few planted but will try to remedy that.
Just something here all the time. DH has kidney stones and is in awful pain.
Had to take him to the Er Thursday,

Helena, your blooms are stunning.
Jackie, sorry to hear about hubby. I hope he is feeling better soon.

oh no! I hope hubby gets well soon. That does not sound good. I also hope you get more seeds started, too, Jackie.
Helena, Your Dark purple is eye catching. China Doll looks very delicate. They all look like they are made of sheer silk.

Thanks Linda and Debra. DH is not drinking lots of water like the'Dr told him to. smh

Gautier, MS

Thanks ladies. I'm happy I got my mgs to bloom inside.

Hope your DH feels better. I know that wasn't any fun, been there done that with my dh years ago.
One of my Iris started blooming the other day.

Thumbnail by helenahkh

Thanks Helena., pretty purple iris. No signs of blooms yet on my Iris but shouldn;t be long.
I;ve never been so ready for spring
Amaryllis.
Calliandra, maybe this will make sds when I place it outside for the bees Helena.'
will save you some seeds
These 3 pics all from 2010.
Silky /blue and mauve silk ??
Purple Sun Smiles
Pandy on the fence line with Fuji not 2010, this has another name will try to find it, No way
I can remember,.

This message was edited Mar 25, 2018 2:13 PM

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Beautiful blooms ladies.

Gautier, MS

Thank Jackie and Linda.

Love your pics Jackie. I hope your Calliandra does make seeds when it goes outside.
It's good to have the pollinators outside. I'm surprised to have some seeds on my vines inside. i got some seedlings into bigger pots yesterday. Also working on getting some of my roses planted too.
Same repeats here.

Gautier, MS

Sorry, I don't know why it's posting doubles for me. I only pressed once. Will try to do it gently.

I love your blooms Helena, the dark Black Knight is spectacular. I like'the Rose silk too, beautiful color.
Don't worry about the dbl posts. I do it too if I hit the back arrow button. then it
looks like I didn;t send it yet and hit it again. :-(

Beautiful blooms Helena.

Happy birthday Jackie.

Thumbnail by taters55

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.