Morning Glories 2017 #18

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

We came from here http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1463153

9/27/2014 id unknown
Blue star complex I think anyway
Blue speckled, the only yr it made blooms that opened fully,
Squared off blue if it has a yellow throat its Heavenly Blue if not then its something else.
Blue Saz?

This message was edited Dec 9, 2017 12:05 AM

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Thanks for the new thread.
Beautiful flowers, I don't think I have ever seen the blue squared.

Thanks Linda. I;m not sure what causes them to make the squared off blooms, maybe the weather. These were all 9/27 so nights would have been cooler.

Gautier, MS

Beautiful blooms Jackie!

After raining all day, we had snow in the evening! Just enough to cover the windshield and top of car. It felt freezing cold, still cold now 37 degrees.

So glad the snow didn't come our way.
A hard freeze here, about 23 degrees overnite.
Dh checked the g house for me so
I didn't have to get out in the cold. :-)

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

That was nice of you DH to check the greenhouse, Jackie. Still no rain or snow here.
Sure do love that Saz and your other blooms. I have seen HB look kind of square before, as well as a few others. I slept almost all day today, don't know what made that happen!
Be careful out there and no falling! All of you.
Pics Joe took from July.....

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife

Love Joe's pics from July. Beautiful red Adenium and carnea. 4 o'clocks
pretty too. You've grown the Adenium to
perfection Debra. I love the pretty deep red color.
The cold weather has made us sleepy too. I napped on the sofa as long as
I could today with my warm blanket

Gautier, MS

Beautiful blooms Debra. Love all those colors.

Yesterday the sun came out and it didn't take long for any snow left to melt. It's freezing here now and I think what I see outside it heavy frost. Glad you all had good sleep and naps yesterday. I did some shopping for Christmas but still not done.

I'm doing very little shopping for Christmas. A few new clothes for my dgkids
and call it done.

Beautiful blooms Debra.
I have still not started my shopping, I need to get busy.

While I was working and before I went on fixed income I bought all my adult kids Scentsy burners and waxes. Glad I did, no Gkids, and my pressie from Joe is driving me to Texas to see My other family who moved. I already gave the kids their pressies and told them no stockings this year, they actually all kinda felt glad they are under no pressure to buy gifts. I told them all," I have all I need and I have no wants. " We won't be getting a tree and we won't be here, so this is definitely a different Christmas for me. The little girls next door came over after school the other day to wrap their seed balls they made this summer, and we made ornaments for their tree, too. We are suddenly the OLD FOLKS on the block, there are Christmas lights up all over and around us, but not us. Tonight, one of the girls came over with a box of homemade goodies, and then the new kids across the street came over as a whole family with a pan of cupcakes and introduced them and their babies to us. I feel like a Scrooge. :P Joe: I'm making cookies and you are delivering them" Me; "No, you will deliver them." I don't know what is wrong with me...I think I need Grandchildren....

I kinda feel the same way Debra. Yes you do need g kids. Mine live with me so we do the tree . I don;t buy lots of gifts like I used to when they were little.
I think maybe our health is the cause of our lack of
Christmas spirit. When you've been sick quite a bit, it changes your whole outlook.
You and I have had our share of health woes this yr,

Gautier, MS

Not going to comment on all the work that's involved in preparing for the holidays.

Look at my mgs I got going. I hope they keep growing!

Thumbnail by helenahkh

You are probably right, Jackie. Between my back, my right shoulder and arm, loss of smell and all this heart and liver stuff.. I just feel like I should be put out to pasture. I have lost interest in tending for the plants downstairs, even. I'm just going to pray for acceptance and wisdom ... that is all I can do besides gaze appreciatively at the beautiful blooms posted on here.

Yeah on the new plants Helena.
Hang in there Debra, you can't give on on the happiness your plants give you.

Your mg's look great Helena. Looking forward to some pretty blooms.
Debra, my dd has lost her sense of smell, most of it anyway. She is being tested soon for lupus, a horrible disease. Her 1st appt is coming up this Friday so I
don't know if they will run tests on this 1st visit. I sure wish they would, we've been
waiting for over 3 months to get her in.
I still want to take care of my plants, but don;t have the energy required to take care of over 250. I keep trying tho Debra, I don;t want to give up. Maybe you could
scale back a little so as not to feel so overwhelmed with plants.
# 1 Plum surprise June 2015
# 2 Plum surprise late in the day
1 of my Begonias
all June 2015

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Pretty blooms from Plum Surprise Jackie. I love the change of colors before the blooms close.

Hope your dd dr. visit goes well Jackie.
Hope you have a good visit and break from all the chores at home Debra.

beautiful vines and blooms,, Helena and Jackie. Thanks for the encouragement, Linda and all of you. Jackie, I hope they find out what is wrong with your DD, and hope all of you have a wonderful day. 2015 looks like it was a good year for you, Jackie.

Thanks ladies. Deb, yes 2015 was a good blooming yr as was 2014. Not so'good 2016 and 17.

A few old blooms 2009

Blue Lav Beauty
Yaguruma blizzard at night
Wedding Bells

Had to cut this short to get a pic for my dd. On her way to the rheumatologist. Hope'we're close
to finding out something.

This message was edited Dec 15, 2017 1:57 PM

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Beautiful flowers Jackie. Praying she gets some answers!

Beautiful blooms for us to see.. Good Luck , Jackie. I hope you find some solid information about your DD today.
from August 28 2017

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife

Thanks girls. Beautiful pics/blooms Debra. So nice to re-visit.
No help today from a Dr who wouldn't listen. Wouldn't run the test, the very test, we went there to get. Will go see dd's family Dr Monday and see what to do next.
The Dr ran some tests but we don;t know for sure what all they covered,'very frustrating.

Gautier, MS

Beautiful blooms Jackie. I'm sorry to hear about the new dr. hope some of the tests show something positive. Hope you get better results when you see her family dr. on Monday. Praying for her and you.

Beautiful blooms too Debra. Love your little pretty baggies!

Thanks Helena.

Ok we've got some unusual results, 295 on 1 test that should be 80-100
a 46 on another test that should be 20, both signs of lupus and 1 showing kidney failure (the 295) most likely caused by lupus
This from reading her on-line test results. so maybe we can finally get a diagnosis.

Gautier, MS

Jackie, hoping and praying she gets the a diagnosis with those tests results.
It's been a long wait for you to go through this. You and you DD are in my thoughts and prayers.

Thank you Helena, Debra and Linda for always thinking of my dd, much appreciated.

This message was edited Dec 17, 2017 1:26 AM

Sorry to hear you are getting the run around.
My Mom went through months of testing to determine if she had lupus or not, as it is so hard to diagnose.

"There is no guarantee in the Medical Business"

Well they need to do something b4 her kidneys fail. The lupus has been
attacking her kidneys and colon.

I don't know why the post I put on earlier didn't say that a dr told that to Joe while I was in ICU. That is what he was quoted.
I am concerned about your daughter. This needs to be addressed asap.!

Friday late when she returned home from the testing Debra so we hope to hear from that Dr Monday, She was a young rheumatologist. didn;t want to hear any symptoms just goes by blood work. glad most of the Dr's aren't that close
minded. If we don;t hear tomorrow, we'll be calling her regular Dr to see what he says and take him the test results I think I could go to another Dr with her and ask them to run the test we wanted and get it done that way. Theres AT least 1 Dr in town that is good to send
his patients to a good rheumy Dr. He actually listens to his patients.

Praying you get the testing needed soon!

Good Morning. It's kind of foggy out, it is supposed to burn off later and stay cold. ( it was in low 60's yesterday. Picked pods from that fugi of a different color, and the large white i nil - last night..Anybody want a tropical passion vine? I have a nice rooted one ready to send...it's a cross of some sort. Keep on trying with your daughter, Jackie. Peace unto all of you.

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife

Love your blooms Debra.
We didn't hear from the Dr yesterday so dd will try to call today.
Today is my day at the new heart Dr and 1 of my dgd's has a Dr appt.
A busy day.

Gautier, MS

Pretty blooms Debra.

Hope your dd got hold of the dr. Jackie and that you can get better results. Hope your day went good with the new heart doctor too.

Beautiful blooms Debra. I have tried several passion vines, and all I do is kill them.

Oops, I kill the tropical passi's too. Wish I could have better luck with them.
Still don;t know what I do wrong.
Waiting to see what dd's Dr says about'the tests. Still didn't get to talk to
the Dr. Her # 's indicate something is going on and our research tells us its lupus, not to mention failing kidneys. The silly Dr said (b4 the tests) she didn't think my dd had lupus, guess she doesn't like eating crow.
The new heart Dr want's me to take a nuclear stress test but I;m afraid to do it.
A friend of ours had it done 5 yrs ago and he died right there in the Dr's office, so I'm not going to do it.

Gautier, MS

I don't always do good with passis either. I buy one or two every year or so.

Jackie, I wouldn't do that stress either.

Took a picture of my roses and made a collage with my new phone camera. Yesterday I had two blooms on Indica vine but didn't get to take a pic. Temps been in the 60's!

Thumbnail by helenahkh

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.