Morning Glories 2017 #18

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

Wonderful collage Helena with beautiful Roses. Love that they are pink.

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Beautiful roses Helena.

Jackie, I just went through one, and the Dr. is there with you through the whole time. It was rough to do, as once they inject the chemicals your heart races a hundred miles an hour. That last about 10 minutes. Make sure you ask for a soda as soon as the test is over, it has something to do to counter react to the chemicals, and gets them flushed from your system quicker.

I'll be dead by then, won't need a soda. When my heart goes to racing, my whole body shakes, When this happens to me and it does sometimes b4 I take my pill. I feel half dead the rest of the day. I'm not going to do it Linda, glad you told me, l'm cancelling today

Gautier, MS

I don't think it's a good feeling at all to have your heart racing.

Took a pic yesterday of my little red sweet pepper, Ajoli Dulce. This pepper green, orange and red are used in Puerto Rican cooking. I'm letting that on growing to save the seeds.

Thumbnail by helenahkh

Helena, It would be ok if I hadn't already had a heart attack in 09. That test might bring on another one.
Peppers are fun and easy to grow. My son enjoys growing the bell peppers.
Wish I could grow a garden this coming spring but it would be too much work for me, I did plant a few garlic cloves.

Gautier, MS

That would be too scary Jackie. Have to take care of your health.

I wish I could grow vegetables too. Looks like I'll just stick to growing cucumbers and a pepper or two. I tried tomatoes here and it didn't work.

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

Beautiful Roses! My MIL had a chemical stress test done a few months ago, she is 88 and she said it went fine. Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays , all of you. I am leaving to go to Texas, don't know if I can hop online or not. Keep posting, I will catch up. This passi grows in a plastic water bottle . It is ready to go into the ground down south. It's hard to kill.

Debra ask your mil if she had a heart attack anytime prior to her stress test. I'm glad'she came thru hers just fine, our good friend didn't and never lived to come home. I;m saying that already having a heart attack b4 the stress test can be deadly. Not to'mention I already have tachycardia sp???
Have a good trip Debra and a Merry Christmas.

Jackie, I am hoping they can find another way to check things out. Are you on a pacemaker?

Safe travels Debra.
Merry Christmas.

Linda, I take atenolol and amlodopine but not on a pacemaker
Atenolol for a rapid heart beat and amlodopine for high blood pressure.
The Dr said my ekg was not normal. Of course not. 1 nurse did my ekg and another asked me questions the whole time. You're not supposed to talk during an ekg so no wonder it came out abnormal.smh
Thanks for thinking about me, I;ll be just fine. Not going back to him and might not
go back ro my reg heart dr. Might just get all my meds from my family Dr if can.

Praying you can get your meds with no problem.

Thanks Linda. I;m just put out with my Dr's right now. Doesn't help any that
it's all about the money.
A pretty Aogakiyama
The 3rd one is Fuji no Beni not sure about the 2nd pic
A shame I didn;t get this snapped b4 the worms got to the blooms
5th pic Purple Tie Dye most likely

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Pretty blooms Jackie. I need to start a few Aogakiyama seeds.
Hope all gets straighten out with your Dr's Jackie. I don't even have a family dr.
This morning I got 17 seed into dirt. My other seedlings are growing and doing good.

Thanks Helena.
I was wondering how your mg seedlings were doing. Looking forward to
your pretty winter blooms. I'm just going to wait since I don't do well with winter
grown mg's.

Beautiful blooms Jackie.
I was just diagnosed with a severe heart rhythm. When I wore the heart monitor, it showed my heart beat is anywhere from 48 to 168 heart beats per minute. And it usually races at 2 in the morning, when I am sound asleep. It wakes me up, and my chest is just pounding. Right now I am on a low dose metropolol, to try and get my heart beat back to normal. I have been on it for 3 weeks, and it is not working yet. Probably another visit to the Dr. I agree, it is all about the money.

Linda, I didn;t realize you have the rapid heart rate. Its a scary thing to have your heart racing like that. I was on the metoprolol but had to quit taking it for some reason or the Dr changed it for whatever reason. You might need something a little stronger. I would let my heart Dr know its not working yet. Something that helps
me is the lisinopril but it makes me have the most horrible panic attacks. It'brings my heart rate or bp down in no time. All the heart medicines make my arms and shoulders hurt so bad I can't hardly stand it. At least advil relieves the pain.

Linda be sure and watch your caffeine, speeds up your heart. I drink no caffeine cola and my coffee is half decaff/.

My coffee is decafe, but I like my sweet tea, I will cut that out too, as well as chocolate.

Hard to give up everything we love. Maybe you could still have a glass or 2 of your tea. I didn't know chocolate is bad for our heart.

It is full of caffeine.

Learned something new today. :-)

Hope everyone is having a Merry Christmas.

Merry Christmas everyone, sorry it is late.

Gautier, MS

Hope everyone enjoyed their Christmas too! My cold managed to kick in right after everyone left. I just worked too hard without any help, my oldest daughter was away.
Still everything turned out fine.

I sure hope you are feeling better soon.

Sorry you;ve got a bad cold Helena. I am so worried I am going to catch one.
Hope you;re feeling better soon.

Gautier, MS

Feeling better little by little.

Took a pic of my seedlings to show how they are growing. First pic is 3 of the oldest.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Your seedlings look great Helena.

I agree, you have a green thumb.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! hoping all of can manage to get or stay healthy. The trip was long, but the visit was good. No blooms down in the basement, lost a couple growing vines because they did not get watered .
Your seedlings look great , Helena, can't wait to see the blooms! Linda, Joe was having heart palpation 20 years ago with racing heart, they took him off anything caffene wise. He was so scared he had me go put my name on all his accounts. But, 20 years later, he is really healthy. Jackie, the Dr test my MIL went to did real good with her. I would not do it, but I am canceling other medicare related must do"s they went ahead and scheduled me for. I am pretty sure the drs get percentages bonus or whatever from all the referrals they set you up with. Even on BP meds my BP is too high they say. I am just tired of all the meds. UHG! But, I do hope they get you and your daughter taken care of soon! It is still dry here, no rain in over a month, getting down to 7 below in day or so, it was 21 while we were up in KC,MO. It is 31 here right now, balmy compared to the 21 yesterday. MGs from 2017.

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife

Debra, I was told that medicare requires some test, and if you refuse they can drop you. Be careful.
Glad to hear you are back home.

Gautier, MS

Thanks ladies and I am doing better.

Glad you're back Debra. Very pretty blooms you had this year.

I really don't know how it'll take for my seedling to bloom. I'm going to try to keep them going inside house instead of my greenhouse.

Linda, they told you wrong. I never get a mammogram or a few other tests
medicare tells me I qualify for. I don;t have to get them and they don't drop me
because of it. I go years without having my cholesterol, ttriglycerides and other'things checked. For instance medicare can't make me get the stress test.
if they drop Debra for not getting the tests, then they are in charge of making our medical decisions for us. I
don't think so.

This message was edited Dec 30, 2017 3:20 AM

Beautiful blooms from this yr Debra. I love that pretty white with the
blue throat.
Debra, buy you some of the real cinnamon, Ceylon or Zeylon a little more'expensive and fill empty gel caps. Its readily available on line. I like the larger size gel caps. Cinnamon
lowers bp, blood sugar and other things as well. I need to look it up.

Happy you;re feeling better Helena. I hope your mg's do well
in the house for you. At least they will be warm enough.
i went and bought another heater to place in my g house. My gas stove isn;t flaming up as high as it should when I turn it up. DH can't fix it. Worried'about the 10 degree nights coming Sun and Monday nites.
I might still make Dh go buy me a larger gas heater.

Hi,there everyone! I woke up at 10 am to Joe wiggling my big toe... LOL I guess I don't get to stay in bed and sleep all day.. it is 21 outside and dropping to minus 4 this coming am. Wind is blowing but no moisture. We are still dumping out sink and shower water tubs to the gardens. I am going o trim back things downstairs, and will show pics later tonight. I just made a Beer Batter Bread and Joe is making his famous Lamb chili. I am freezing, guess I better put on another pair of socks. Love the fact you brought those vines up closer to you, Helena. I am very grateful for my year round 67 temp down there, except by the windows,, enough of a draft to keep the air fresh .
Medicare is just a game, sometimes I think. I hope that all of us win.
Dreaming of Spring.

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife

Happy new year everyone.

Gautier, MS

Great pictures Debra!

Happy New Year Everyone!

Lovely blooms in your pics Debra.

Happy new Years everyone.

Gautier, MS

Oh my goodness, It's been freezing weather here! The coldest we had this year so far, even puddles froze.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.