Morning Glories 2017 #13

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

We were here http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1457605

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Thanks for the new thread.

Wow! All you blooms are beautiful. I really like the big gray one.

Gautier, MS

Thank you. I was surprised to see the Fuji no Monet. Hard to actually have one growing. Now just hope it keeps making more blooms and seeds.

Awesome blooms Jackie. Love the speckles on your first bloom. All beauties but that last one is a knockout!!

Thanks Linda and Helena.
Helena, I would keep hand pollinating your Monet blooms to try to keep it true.
Course the bees are busy doing their thing not caring if they mess everything up.
lol

I forgot to post that the blooms at top of this new thread are from Sept 2015, sorry

Gautier, MS

Still beautiful blooms Jackie.

I didn't get up early enough to go see the blooms to hand pollinate Jackie. Hopefully that vine will have true seeds.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Helena, glad you got to sleep in for a while this morning.
Your Monet is beautiful as is the purple flaked # 1 bloom.
Pic 3 Wish I had grown the shibori that comes out of Carnival of Venice pkt,
yours is very pretty
. .
Morning Storm 1st bloom in a few weeks
Plum surprise
Purple Ga Strait 1st bloom
unknown pink edited to say could be Pink Frost or 1 of Debs pretty pinks
another George Strait

This message was edited Nov 14, 2019 2:32 PM

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie. I'm sure I'll have seeds to share of that shibori you like.

Beautiful blooms Jackie. Awesome how the colors change on Plum Surprise. Unusual color for GA Strait, pretty pink also.

Thanks Helena. Yes I think Ga Strait might be a cross.
In growing the Plum surprise.
I was trying to get that beautiful bloom it made 2 yrs ago\but no luck.
The pink tag reads almost red but Its lighter than Pink Frost so These are all surprises from the bees.

Beautiful blooms ladies. Surprises are always nice.

Gautier, MS

I love good surprises, we have a thing about surprises in our family. When my dh says surprise, it just might be a bad one. I got a bad one... one year, didn't feel the same about them afterwards!
A few nice mgs this morning. I need to retrake these pictures with my good camera to see the difference.

This message was edited Sep 5, 2017 12:09 PM

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Absolutely gorgeous blooms this morning Helena.

I agree Jackie, beautiful colors.

Gautier, MS

Here's some more with my other camera!

Gautier, MS

More blooms......

Helena, those are so pretty.

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

Congrats on the Fugi no monet, Helena, it is a beauty. All the blooms I am seeing here are drop dead gorgeous. Jackie, thanks, I did not see a new thread link when I was on, plz keep throwing me crumbs to follow.... Loving your beauties as always.

Helena I hate it when I can;t id a bloom I think I should know. Your # 2 bloom on 2nd set, is it a Xiongs or Pink Frost ? Your last pic on 2nd set is
magazine quality. I love your higes, just lovely and your other purps too.

I started this post early today and then had to run to the Dr for my test and forgot all'
about it.

Gautier, MS

Thanks ladies. Jackie, hope your check up went good. I you meant this bloom?http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/fp.php?pid=10321886&extraimg=0 I don't have an ID for it, all I wrote on the label is purple with white picotee. I'm sorry, I just have too many with no ID. I don't think I've grown Xiong for ages.
Glad you are enjoying the blooms Debra.
AoMurasaki Youjiro blzd, purple and wrong color that should be orange or dark apricot and I forgot the name of this one.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Helena, yes that bloom. It looks more like a Pink frost I think.
Helena, I dug out my last sd of Apricot Candy that I love and got it in the big tub out back, hope it blooms. Same lvs as your Apricot bloom above, might be the same one. I love it and hoping mine blooms and sets sds. If yours does, please save me a sd or 2.. Yours is a beauty
I don;t have my test results yet, waiting on the Dr to read them
Aug 2010 ny apricot candy

Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie, my Apricot Candy Is the same color as yours. My camera messed the true color of that bloom. I should have written that better. It's not pink at all. But I will save you seeds of it. It's been growing slowly and finally had it's first bloom this morning. I hope yours doesn't take forever to bloom.

Helena, yes that bloom. It looks more like a Pink frost I think.
Helena, I dug out my last sd of Apricot Candy that I love and got it in the big tub out back, hope it blooms. Same lvs as your Apricot bloom above, might be the same one. I love it and hoping mine blooms and sets sds. If yours does, please save me a sd or 2.. Yours is a beauty
I don;t have my test results yet, waiting on the Dr to read them
Aug 2010 my Apricot Candy
Nite blooming orchid cactus this morning
Purple star
Unknown purple with blue??
Purple star
Helena, I have Purple Star sds ripening so happy.

Oops that last pic was not the one I wanted to send I meant to send this one
My favorite Purple Star today.
Pretty Pink Asago
LYK
Saz lite not
this looks like it was trying to be Purple Tie dye, not whats on my tag

Beautiful blooms today!

Love the purple star. I have that growing and blooming as well, back home. Charlie has been sending me pics from his phone, so I do not know how to get them on here. We will not be home for two more weeks so you know I am missing out on the action. I sure hope my pumpkin blooms ( seeds from Jackie). Took Greta to Eye Dr yesterday she had to get a shot in her bad eye poor thing! I also have been washing and tending to her diabetic feet, she has a couple open wounds on them that needed attention she can not give herself. This morning I will make her a breakfast omelet , then we will take her to farmers market, then her hair appt to get a cut and perm, and tonight to the roadhouse for her 88th birthday dinner which no one else will come too, but that is okay with me.(not really, she raised 4 granddaughters for her two daughters and none of them ever come over or call and they live right here!) oh well, their loss. You should see her begonia collection really something! Back to Mg's, The wild convulusea down the street is blooming like crazy will try to get a pic.

Gautier, MS

Jackie, awesome pictures of your blooms. They are to die for, just love them.
I will save you seeds of Apricot Candy, it's really a delicate looking vine.

Debra, I think you have to send your pictures from your phone to your email addy, then download them to your picture files. That's the only way I know how to do with mine. Sounds like you are keeping very busy taking care of Greta. Enjoy your visit.

It was pretty cool morning here so it must have been colder up North. My few blooms were small except for the purpureas and higes.

Gautier, MS

First and third bloom are the same.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

If you have a smart phone, down load an app called drop box, on your phone and your computer, then all pictures you take go to the drop box app. You can access them from home or phone.

Helena, you blooms this morning are so pretty.

Thanks ladies.
Debra, My pretty Purple Star must be from you, maybe out of one of your mixes??
I just love it, the darkest prettiest bloom I grew this season, thank you.
Shame on Greta's grand kids not coming to see her. Just goes to show you that we;re not appreciated for stepping in and doing an impossible task even when we know its the'right thing to do. Glad you and Joe are getting her caught up on all the things she needs done. They're supposed to numb Gretas eyes do that the shot doesn't hurt.
My DD does the same as Helena, taking phone pics and sending to her email acct
and saving them to a picture file. Then she shares them on
Facebook etc.

Helena, your blooms are downright gorgeous this morning. Love your mutant, the flaked shibori and your beautiful higes.

This 1st pic from the vine that grew straight up like a tree form. the buds are right on'the stem/stalk, no branching Very strange, cute little flower
# 2 Pretty Pink Asago
Purps on fence
Saz lite not
Saz

Beautiful morning glories Jackie. I have never seen one grow straight up.

Thanks Linda. it s a new one for me too. Never seen anything like it.

Gautier, MS

Thanks ladies. Jackie, awesome mgs. Love the color of all of them. It's neat when vines do something different.
Not sure what's blooming, a cool morning again.

Gautier, MS

Small blooms but close ups make the blooms even nicer with my good camera except that the leaves do not look good at all.

Gautier, MS

Repeats.

I love the repeats. I don't use a smart phone, it just accepts pictures from everyone, but I have no idea how to send them from my phone to my email LOL anyway, we had a lovely time with Greta yesterday, got her hair cut and permed, Joe to her to farmers market, and then we went out for dinner. Hoping everyone is safe and sound today. That single stem bloom is quite interesting. I really like the split petal hige or what ever it is Helena, it is way cool! Jackie, I am hoping it stays warm a few more weeks for all of us!

Thanks Helena and Debra.
Great blooms today Helena. Love the pretty pinks.and that'beautiful
purple on the 1st row. Drop dead gorgeous higes
Yes hoping for warm weather to hold on for a while too Debra.
Something interesting about my weird mg vine growing straight up, its one of the
Japanese vines, sds from Danas plants straight from Japan..
Not incredible blue as tagged Blue TDye and unknown pink
Pink Purp
Lite Saz not making strange blooms 2 of its blooms might be 2nd day blooms.
My Saz, 1 of them, making pretty blooms with only a little color.

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Thanks Debra and Jackie. I'm enjoying my repeats and I'm not even taking that many pictures of the purpureas and higes.

Beautiful blooms Jackie, all nice to have and I really like the deep blue on the 3rd pics.

Helena and Jackie, your blooms are so pretty. Repeats or not. I enjoy seeing them.

I got a bunch of seeds today from a neighbor lady of a lavender morning glory tree. Does anyone know how to start them? Do I soak them? They are fuzzy.

Linda, try scraping off the fuzzy hair b4 you start them. Leaving it on can lead to mold on the seed when you plant them.
Don't start them all, always hold back a few sds so you can try again later
as the sds are usually viable for quite a few yrs.
Lets see what Helena says when she comes by in the am.
Yes you can soak them after you remove the fuzz.

Gautier, MS

Too early to go out to see what's blooming.

Linda, that's good info from Jackie as I haven't tried to grow any of these from seed.
I know I have some somewhere in my collection. I learned something new too.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.