Morning Glories 2017 #13

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Thanks for the info. I got lots of seeds, so if anyone would like some, send me your address in a message.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda for the offer but I'm good with the seeds I have of it.

Here's some of my blooms for today.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh
Gautier, MS

A few more blooms.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh
Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

Helena, love the colors on # 2 and 3 above. Beautiful higes too I;m really
enjoying them. What is the name of your # 4 bloom above
Love the flaked shiboris

A 3 day bloom on Saz Lite not tho its looking pretty rough
Helenas Baby blue Blizzard couldn't open all the way, the cold nights??
Edited to say it probably needs a drink, forgot to water yesterday, smh
Plum surprise from my old sds 2 diff blooms. this is the vine I want seeds from Helena. I'll save you seeds too if it makes for us.
Beautiful unknown pink, the one in the pot with Purple TDye
Pretty Saz

This message was edited Sep 9, 2017 2:42 PM

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie. I'm not sure of the name of that 4th bloom Jackie. I have several different seed mixes that makes it hard to ID. Some are supposed to be feathered, and higes or just purpureas. I'm getting worse on IDing them.

Love your pretty blooms Jackie. I see baby blzd has a slight reverse tube. What I was hoping mine did. I'm glad you finally got the Plum Surprise blooms you hoped for. Yes I like that one too. All your blooms are gorgeous. Some of mine had very small blooms b/c of the cool night and morning. They need to be watered too.

Beautiful blooms ladies.

Thanks Helena and Linda. Helena, I will save you seeds of your Baby Blue Blizzard and maybe you can get your reverse tube. I hate it that I could not get outside today to hand pollinate any of my blooms
I need to start cleaning my g house in case it turns cool early.. Maybe I can'just start doing a little at a time

This message was edited Sep 10, 2017 4:41 AM

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda and Jackie. Jackie I hope it sets seeds for you.
My gh needs to be cleaned too, and I need to do it a little at a time too. Yesterday I cut down 3 small trees too close to the house, it almost killed me. Completely out of breath. But now I will have more sun in back yard. I didn't finish watering my vines yesterday so only repeat higes and purpureas blooming today. I haven't downloaded them yet.

This message was edited Sep 10, 2017 12:42 PM

Gautier, MS

Repeat blooms.

Helena, oh my gosh, wish you could have persuaded your DH to cut those down'
for you. Did you use a chain saw?
Love your blooms especially that beautiful hige.
Ga Strait Dont know what happened to my pink one
Helenas Baby blue Blizzard, its very pretty
Rebecca
Blue clitoria pea vine
Red Mandevilla

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

No Jackie. I used a little hand saw, it gives me a work out on the arms. I wanted a small chain saw but DH and son said they are too dangerous. DH doesn't do any yard work anymore. He is completely retired except when it's cheaper and easier to fix stuff with cars or electrical. Hard stuff goes to shops. Today I got my 15 and 10 years kids to help pick up all dead branches and take them to the road for the city to pick up.
Jackie, your blooms are so pretty. I need to grow Rebecca again next year, I like the redish color on yours and Debras. Very vivid on your mandevilla. Looks like baby bue blzd has pretty leaves too. I need to start some more clitoria too, sice I lost mine.

Please don't over do it Helena.

Beautiful blooms everyone.

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

Sorry I have not been on in a few days. I have been freezing here, no pics to show you, so glad I got on. Helena your purp collection is awesome! Jackie, love your morning glorys, but your mandevilla and blue pea vine really have wonderful colors! LK, I have that mg bush in a plant form. I can sure send you one if u want. Is it i carnea?

Jackie, still wondering how the dr visit and test results are?

Thanks girls, I have mis-treated my Clitoria, didn't mean to. Its one of the numerous vines/plants waiting on a bigger pot. I would have been rewarded with more and larger flowers. smh.
Helena, my DH is almost as bad. The old junk kids car you see in a lot of my byard tub pics has been sitting there for 10 yrs. Gd's outgrew it yrs ago, I might see if I can push it to the front yard Helena, I pay my gkids to help me, Worth it to me. You should too.When they know memaw is paying, they get busy and get it done., lol
Helena, that might be a Joyce cobb instead of Rebecca
Debra, I need days to just go pot up plants that might have bloomed for me if I had got it done. My beautiful Podranea for one. Not a bloom. It's way overgrown.
Debra, I bet it is cold there, I couldn;t live there if you paid me. I don;t like the'cold.

me neither, Jackie! I am pretty excited to meet up with Remy. She has the Sample Seed Shop online and is a member here.. She lives right here in Buffalo! We are going to the botanical gardens on Tuesday. I have been in three layers all week! :P

WOW! That is cols Debra, don't get sick.

I got 2 cuttings as well as all the seeds. I don't know the name of it. Other than a morning glory tree.
It is a really pretty light lavender. I hope they will root in water?

Thumbnail by taters55

Yes, looks like I. carnea ... If the cuttings don't root in water, bury them deep in potting soil. good luck!

They should root in a cup of water in a week or two. I usually root mine earlier in the summer, they root better then during the growing season but they should root now too..
Debra, I'll look at the Sample Seed shop. Have a good time at the Botanical Garden
Sounds like a lot of fun,.:-).

Gautier, MS

Pretty bloom Linda.
Glad you are getting to do some visiting Debra. I don't care much for cold weather either.
Cool morning here too. Watered my vines so kind of nice blooms today.

Thanks for the advice.
Beautiful blooms Helena.

love those blooms!is the first one purple or dark pink? your shibouri is awesome.
We have a plumber here, she has no pressure in her sink faucets... holy moly 3500 for all pipes to be replaced, but we said no, we are waiting to see what the most important water pipe will cost. every year we come up, we end up fixing something for her. this house is like our house in Kansas, old and needs everything new. LOL She is 88! Like I told her, when the kids go to sell this house, it will have to be done anyway. The work we are saying yes too is 585. we will pay for most of it.; Happy Vacation!

Love your blooms today Helena.. Very pretty. Another one of yours opened,The Dai
Blue Stripes and it has a reverse tube. Its small but that might be the cool nights,
down in the 50's.
Dai w/blue stripes reverse tube sorry its blurry will save you sds Helena.
Purple Star
Mis-read tag its my special mg
Plum surprise
Tie dye in pot with a pink

This message was edited Sep 11, 2017 1:01 PM

Gautier, MS

Thanks ladies. The first one is odd color of pink.
Sorry to hear about the need of repairs Debra. Old houses are like that.

Jackie, awesome blooms. Love them all. Reverse tubes are kind of neat and weird too, imho. Very unusual thing for blooms to do that. Love all the colors blue and purples of your blooms!

Sorry to hear of the expenses for pipe repairs. Amazing how much a plumber cost these days.
Beautiful blooms Jackie.

well, she is happy,, Joe is happy, and we found out we paid too much for our plumbing in wichita LOL
love those blooms, Jackie, esp the tye dye!

Thanks everyone.
Oops didn;t see your post above about your m-i-l's plumbing.Debra. My house is'getting old too, always something needing to be replaced.At least you can replace the faulty items a few at a time.. We have to do that too..

Gautier, MS

Just a few nice repeat blooms from my mgs.

Looking forward to seeing your blooms Jackie!

Beautiful blooms Helena.

We have a soft rain here this morning Helena. Messed up my bloom on the fence that finally opened
Not sending that one today
Love your blooms this morning esp that drop dead gorgeous hige. Please save me a few sds of that if it makes any,.
I see that most likely I messed up not spraying my vines for spider mites.Some of
my sd pods are hard as a rock like they won;t ever mature and open. :-(
I;ll have to just wait and see.

This message was edited Sep 12, 2017 12:56 PM

Pretty pretty pretty! Love the dark blue, and the pretty flaked, Helena.
Jackie your purple star and the dark blue with pink center are both beautiful. That gray is really something! Met up with Remy today, we went to lunch and then to the botanical Gardens. Another bucket list item crossed off. YAY! She has some really pretty morning glory seeds, too, some I have never heard of even. Ya go to go see them! Ya hafta scroll all the way down to see the one I like, tho.. http://www.sampleseeds.com/?page_id=9077

Gautier, MS

Thanks ladies. I worked on picking off dead and rusted leaves on some of my vines. Watering them too and collecting some seeds. I'm sure I'll get seeds to share of that hige Jackie.
Love your awesome bloom, you know that purple star is my fav. But then the 3rd one is too Jackie. I like the grays, pink, purples, all easy to fall in love with. Sorry the rain ruined your bloom on the fence, hoping it will still bloom for you.
Glad you had some fun today Debra. Gonna have to check out your friends seed site.

Thanks Debra and Helena. We had a cool rainy day although the rain stopped early
thank goodness.
Debra, thanx for sending the link to Remys site. I didn;t get to look yet but will tonight hopefully. Had to go get my hair cut and run errands.
Helena, my vine on the fence has more buds so should see a good bloom in a few days.
My 3rd bloom above is really a purple that comes out blue in my pics. Wish it was blue

Jackie, I love those blooms, so pretty.

Debra, I will check out that site too.

Thanks Linda.
i did get to look at Remys site. I might have
to order.

Gautier, MS

I had blooms that had wrong color b/c of the camera Jackie. Still a pretty bloom.
Too early to go out to see what bloomed, hoping for a few Ip. nils.
I did check out the Remu's site and made an order.

I'm ordering too, some too pretty to pass up!!!
This pic shows the reverse tube the best on Dai Blue Stripes from Helenas seeds
# 2 Helenas Baby Blue Blizzard, Helena its beautiful thank you
# 3 Front Porch Saz
# 4 Purple tie Dye looking prettier every day, happy with this one
# 5 Danas willow leaf pink, not looking so much like willow leaf now I love it

Beautiful blooms Jackie.
I looked at the site also. Lots of pretty flowers.

Gautier, MS

Gorgeous blooms Jackie. I love them too. Glad they are blooming so nicely for you.
Dai is from Joseph, don't remember if he shared it with me or I bought when he sold on ebay. But it had crossed so it differs from what it was supposed to look like. I would have to go back to find it on the forum and that would probably take awhile.
I was happy to see this bloom this morning, Summer rain. I can barely see the blue stripes, it only makes very few of them. Rest are repeats.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Jackie, Saz Is SAZABULOUS ;

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.