Plant Propagation the Basics June 2017

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Debra you asked about these , tuberosa milkweed ,

one is a returning root two are from last years seed starts

Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7
(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

oh good!!! Mine are all blooming..

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Nice when they get three or four seasons and they bloom a while as 3 or 4 ft shrub
A lily blooming
A red amaranth still trying to get going , I have them setting in front of the Sunflowers , seeing for later if they look showy ,
Sun is very intense here , everything being done slowly

Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7
Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Crepe Myrtle, Florida showers coming. This traffic is ... well, really really heavy. @ Clermont @ Lakeside Winery and Vineyards there must have been a tasting going on. Think those driving away shouldn't have been. Just another rough east coast day. Did think of Keith when I took that lavender crepe myrtle...

Thumbnail by kittriana Thumbnail by kittriana Thumbnail by kittriana
Oxdrift, Canada

Interesting connection Kitt. Those Florida skies look very much like Oxdrift today. We got an inch of rain out of all that darkness. Should give all those babies I've been putting into the ground a real good start..

I can't seem to get a Crepe Myrtle to do anything here. More sun? different soil? ( in clay), food? Love those things and I just want one :P.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Deep south crepe myrtle. Muggy heat, sun, rain or shine, sandy loam. Humidity is near 90% if not more- i have seen mildew and black fungus on crepes, they do have dwarf cultivars I have seen farther north. Lots of folks don't care for the mess of seed and spent bloom under them.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Nice Crepe Kitt ,
This morning a poppy Drama Queen and a Red Shades Gaillardia
Some yellow coreopsis and the lillium still going

Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7

Beautiful , blooms this am, Ju.
Have a wonderful day every one. We are in our "hot-high-wind- miserable weather of Summer.

Oxdrift, Canada

Very pretty Ju.

Fort Worth, TX

that Red Shades Galliardia is gorgeous, so are the rest

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Thank you all I always enjoy all of yours also ,

optunia Cactus
Pink Pom Pom poppy

Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7

love that poppy!

Oxdrift, Canada

Good way to start off the week Ju. Beautiful.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Thank you all , some cheerful fun ,

Debra , this the unknown tall fuzzy from you , from seeds ,

My guess is Rudbeckia Grandiflora

Thumbnail by juhur7
Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Th th th thats all folks! The buttons are stuttering in record heats up here, whew! Concrete heat is soaking into my bones and makin me fry. I think someone is tryin to hack my fone...nothing loads just once, it loads multiple times. Grrrrrrr. Then I get Certificate fraud warnings. I shall return later.

Fort Worth, TX

stay cool Kitt!

oh crap Kitt, I hate stuff like that. Stay Cool, and you will figure it out. Nice close up,
Ju

Thumbnail by joeswife
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Kitt Yeah , stuff like that I have spent days or long hours getting , around , out of , or passed ,

Debra ,, ROTFL ,, Like Kitts trouble , Makes you want to stand on your head , hanging from the feeder thinking OH NUTS ,,,

Cute squirrel .. lol

Staten Island, NY(Zone 6a)

Lovely Poppy juhur7 .My plants are just budding and popping up all over my garden.Lilies are blooming nicely for me ,and also the Rose Champion .We are experiencing hot and hazy weather .Its now 93 degrees.

Thumbnail by cytf Thumbnail by cytf Thumbnail by cytf
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

cytf , Nice !!! except the 93 degrees

Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

Cool photo Debra. Beautiful poppy JU.

Kitt, when is your retirement date so we can plan your on line party. Maybe we can all go to Taco Bell at the same time. I would have to find one but I have not been to a Taco Bell in over 25 years. Nothing against Taco Bell. We just do not eat out. Kitt probably know where we should all go.

Vern is still under the weather but better than yesterday. It is very difficult to keep him hydrated. I just ordered pedialyte popsicles from Amazon. Maybe he will take it that way. He is 84 and will not listen.

My front garden is swarming with hummingbirds. And they use the water fall in the KOI pond for their showers and water. More this year than usual. I have three nests in the courtyard. They are doing a great job of messing up the windows.

Happy propagating. Sharon

Fort Worth, TX

that is an amazing squirrel shot Debra. Still no Kitt?

hope Kitt is safe and sound. Thanks on the squirrel shot, I have been experimenting with my camera. I still do not know how to use it . :P
Good for you, Sharon with the hummers. We saw an awesome Koi pond yesterday while my son and I were looking for something. These Koi were hUge and hand fed.
I'd love to have a pond or water feature. I'll end up setting a tub up with a fountain spout. Birds like it and I use it to root cuttings at the same time, by placing a large round fan cage over the top of the tub. fits perfect.
I hope Kitt does retire soon, I am just now getting used to it. It ain't easy LOL but nice I don't have to drive to work anymore, that was a long drive into Wichita.
Baby Possum #2, in 2017- released in a park far away from us. Waiting to get Mom, so she can go with them. caught 12 squirrels, a whole family, and moved them far away. Now we have one baby here, and then the neighbors squirrels. I don't mind them, except for they dig into my pots and gardens and dump the bird feeder. I spread barberry clippings all over the pear tree garden, guarding my 6 sets of pears. This is a cinnamon vine bublet that has sprouted, half out of the ground. they make these tiny potatoes and then they fall. These are not edible, but the vine is beautiful. this is a kniola's black i purpurea with a nasturtium leaf in picture. a special 4 o clock. American Eagle Rose.

This message was edited Jun 13, 2017 7:45 PM

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife
Oxdrift, Canada

Love those last 2 flowers Debra. Great to have you join the retiree club. Lots of time for posting

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Was I missing? Heavens forbid you try a Taco Bell now. I do like the QDobas I see over there, but they feed you enough to have 3 meals. Retiring is causing great trepidition in me- half the time anyway. Summertime traffic makes me want to walk out now, tho.
The squirrel is how I feel. Very very good picture of the tree rat. I love those blooms. I am seeing footage of deep snows toward the NW- and I am sitting with the sun blocked out trying to stay cool in 94*. At least Wis isnt as humid as Ga/Fl was.

Fort Worth, TX

94 in Wisconsin - wow. Well stay cool and stay safe. I've been semi-retired for half a year since the last kid moved out. An adjustment every June. I get used to it.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Found this moth on my truck this mornin- had to talk it into relocating to shrubbery, he was too chilly to grab the branch at first.

Thumbnail by kittriana Thumbnail by kittriana
Fort Worth, TX

pretty one

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Not seeing many here at all , two Monarchs this season so far , a few flying by crazy like ,

Fort Worth, TX

I have some Queen butterflies. But no pictures til I have time to upload. Have an order to get out and a vet appointment. I'll be back...

This message was edited Jun 14, 2017 1:44 PM

Oxdrift, Canada

Think my Hosta Sagae may have outdone itself this year. It is ginormous

Thumbnail by oxdriftgardener
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Nice Hosta there Keith Love that cooler northern weather .

Debra Great pics ,, poor possum ,,

lots of Milkweed no butterflies

Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7
Staten Island, NY(Zone 6a)

Delphinum gave me its first flower and my Shasta Daisy is showing herself off.

Thumbnail by cytf Thumbnail by cytf
Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Zika spraying in the south is starting back up - hard on critters that survive on mosquitoes and flowers. Lots of flowers up north...a few bf so far...I see them thickest in Ky I think Ju...rain in Stevens Point, Wis areas today

Thumbnail by kittriana
Oxdrift, Canada

Ju, you are definitely doing your part towards the butterfly cause. Live that orange asclepias

Oxdrift, Canada

Gypsi this one is for you. Recall the conversations last fall about the fish that I had that was over a year old and about 6"long and had never changed color from the Brownish grey color they are as babies. Well this year with it now almost 2 years old it has turned orange since I put it outside. They are really hard to photograph since they are constantly on the move. This is the best I could do. He is right in the centre.
Keith

Thumbnail by oxdriftgardener
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

cytf , My Shasta are about done , Beautiful delphinium ,

Kitt lot of spraying programs slow down some ,

Keith I have those get three or feet as a shrub , the orange milkweed , contrary to most info they will grow in some shade Their pretty large but only live 5 to 7 years or so , Always enjoy the fish also ,
Except the mosquitoes I enjoy most garden Life ,

Fort Worth, TX

Pretty flowers pretty fish. The heat always knocks me out when it starts. Sleep coming on

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

This is the Rudbeckia Grandiflora ? from Debra . 3 to 5 ft A good 4 ft tall here

Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.