Do you work in your garden during the winter.

(Zone 7a)
There are a total of 33 votes:

Yes, I do quite a bit outside during the winter.
(11 votes, 33%)
Red dot

I try to get outside and at least get some fresh air.
(4 votes, 12%)
Red dot

Outside in the winter? You must be kidding!
(11 votes, 33%)
Red dot

I garden all year, winters are mild here.
(6 votes, 18%)
Red dot

Other, tell us!
(1 votes, 3%)
Red dot

Previous Polls

Kingsville, TX(Zone 9b)

Winter (including fall & spring) are really the best times for gardening here. Summers are much too hot for man, beast or plants!

Rusty

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

November 15 through March 15, ground is froze solid, most times covered with snow.
We do have a set up in the basement for starting seeds & of course the greenhouse we use after March 1.

Thumbnail by CountryGardens
Jackson, MO(Zone 6b)

I absolutely garden outside in the winter when days are pleasant. We just got rid of a huge pile of wood mulch yesterday. We top dressed with manure a week ago.
I pull winter weeds. There's a lot of stuff already going on in my garden. My clematis has green buds. My bulbs are poking out of the ground. Some of my plants remain green all winter. Late winter has a lot going on if you look close enough.

Kure Beach, NC(Zone 9a)

Most of the "gardening" I do during the colder months is in the green house. As for the plants in my gardens, they only thing I do for them is cover them up when cold snaps happen.
Although this year has been so mild, I have several potted plants that have only been in the green house a few times and I've covered others twice.
Barb

Winston Salem, NC(Zone 7a)

Nearly every week in winter, there will be days when the temperature is above 50, and I find things to do in the yard and garden. This first week in February, I am pruning rose bushes and cutting back the Rose of Sharon hedge. I've cut beautiful camellia blooms for the vase on the kitchen table. Also the hellebores are in bloom, and I'm cutting their blooms to bring inside. The annual rye grass that we planted last fall continues to grow throughout the winter necessitating mowing every few weeks as well.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.