Snow or no snow?

(Zone 7a)
There are a total of 36 votes:

No snow yet.
(6 votes, 16%)
Red dot

We've had a little, but nothing serious.
(14 votes, 38%)
Red dot

We've had at least one significant snow.
(7 votes, 19%)
Red dot

We're buried...send help...or spring!
(2 votes, 5%)
Red dot

We never have snow at my house.
(6 votes, 16%)
Red dot

I'm south of the Equator and it's summer here!
(1 votes, 2%)
Red dot

Previous Polls

New Port Richey, FL(Zone 9b)

I voted "we never have snow at my house" although that's not technically correct. When I was a kid, many years ago, it did snow in Tampa once. We thought it was great; it never actually accumulated on the ground. We got snow flakes on our heads but for the most part it melted either before or just after it hit the ground. Since then, I've both lived in and visited parts of the country where snow does accumulate on the ground and I'll take Florida (central coast, either one); heck, I even prefer the humidity (lived in the Mojave Desert for a bit . . .). There's no place like home.

Poughkeepsie, NY(Zone 6a)

We've had a total of about 11" so far. One 6" storm the rest small amounts. Last year we got 4-5" TOTAL all winter! Rare.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Just snowed once so far and didn't cover the ground. It has actually been in the 60's this week. Unusual but I'll take it.

This message was edited Jan 18, 2017 9:24 AM

Northumberland, United Kingdom(Zone 9a)

A very mild winter continuing - had our first snow of the whole winter last weekend: one centimetre, which only lasted just over half a day.

For those who haven't seen the news, globally, 2016 was the hottest year on record, beating the previous record-holder 2015. Which in turn beat the previous record-holder 2014.

Global warming, and it's man-made. Not a shadow of doubt.

Resin

Winston Salem, NC(Zone 7a)

On January 6 & 7 we had an 8 inch snow fall and nighttime temperatures of 6-8 degrees. That is quite rare in the Piedmont region of North Carolina, and I worried about our plants. Today, January 18, we basked in a 67 degree sunshiny day. I was especially worried about our Edgeworthia and Daphne, but their buds seem to be okay, so I'm hoping for the best.

Thumbnail by RebeccaLynn Thumbnail by RebeccaLynn
Mid Gulf Coast, TX(Zone 9b)

Living on the Texas coast, we rarely get snow.....the last was Christmas Eve 2003 or 2004 (I forget which)...so once in my life, we had a White Christmas!!!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.