Morning Glories 2016 # 03

Gautier, MS

Weather is warming up. Went to Lowes this morning, bought 2 rose bushes. I took a pic of my red passion bloom, this vine survived the winter outside. Bloom is still open this morning, more blooms to come.

Thumbnail by helenahkh
(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Helena that is so pretty. Glad it survived the winter.

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

Gorgeous Passion flower Helena. Wish I was good at growing the
tropical ones.
Glad you got out and enjoyed your trip to Lowes. Takes away the
stress and puts me in a much better mood. :-)

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

ohhhh that one is so purty!

Gautier, MS

Thanks ladies. Look what survived the winter too close to the house, this salvia is 8 to 10 feet tall and I just noticed today that it was blooming. Here's the 2 rose bushes I bought. My nicotiana also survived.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh
(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Those are all very pretty. Love those roses!

Is that Salvia guarantica? One of my favorite Salvias.
Beautiful Roses.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda and Jackie. I love the salvias guaraniticas but that one Jackie is one of the salvias Mexicanas. They look a lot alike, and I'm not sure where the difference is maybe the leaves. I have guaranitica Argentina skies (light baby blue) my guaranitica species hasn't come up yet hope I didn't loose it.

Helena, I think it just takes guaranitica longer to come up in the Spring.
I got my cups of potting mix too wet the other day. Hope I don't rot my mg sds.
Just getting ready to start a few..

beautiful! You know I had that salvia Gaurantia come back for me three years in a row! It forms tubers under the plant, and those three years it was mulched with about a foot of heavy leaves. I think I moved it and eventually lost it. I love salvias!
Hope your seeds get going, Jackie.

Thanks Debra.
You know for yrs Mr Hudson carried all different kinds of Salvia species sds.
I don't know if he still does or not..

Gautier, MS

My salvia guaranitica is planted in a old plastic wheel barrel b/c of the tubers. I have moles that would eat or disturb them, but my cat seems to bring one every spring.
Jackie, www.jlhudson.net is still selling seeds, I bought from him too. He has lots of other seeds. www.taste.ecrater.com has salvia and tropical seeds but his kind of pricey. www.seedhunt.com was my favorite for salvia seeds too. I still buy from her every so often. A lot of salvias from California just don't grow in the humid South.
I might have a mg bloom hopefully tomorrow.

Helena, I order from Mr Hudson every yr, one of my favorite places.
Thats strange, the addresses you shared didn;t make live links? They used to anytime
we typed with the www's and the dot.
Helena is the taste.ecrater the same as taste eclectic??
Hope you have a bloom in the morning Helena...
I;m determined to plant some sds today. .

love the seedhunt site but it looks like it'd be a challenge for me to order from.. LOL
really want some salvia gaurantica again.. i get small plants from ebay, from my favorite seller dogwooditternet.. they are usually small starter plants that grow really big fast . with the new re-do of everything now, i have no clue what I am going to grow where and how, hoping I see my pandy that was chopped in three pieces when being dug up show up. I planted tow pieces in pots and one out by the back fence.

Debra, Hope at least one of your pandy's comes up and blooms for you.
They might start off slow after getting chopped up but should recoup pretty fast.
I need to work on my pandy area. Too much for me to get done but my dgs will help
and I appreciate him so much, I pay him pretty good. :-)

Gautier, MS

Jackie, yes taste. ecrater is the same as taste.eclectic. I can never get the second name to open. I noticed the same when I posted that it didn't make the live links.
Debra salvia guaranitica rarely makes seeds, I've never found any on mine.

Helena, I hope I can look at tastes site soon and the other one too.

To the new thread http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1420291

This message was edited Mar 26, 2016 1:16 AM

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.