Morning Glories 2016 # 03

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

Hope you get a good report today too Linda. You'll be starting the next stage of
your rehab soon I guess.
Helena, it did me a world of good to get out and have some me time. I hope you get
to do that soon. Helena, you must be a zone or two warmer where you are.
It feels like I could start movuing plants out of the greenhouse but they saY down
in the 30's by Friday and Saturday night. I better not risk it for a few more weeks.

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

love the purple stripe, Helena. Can't wait to see all your babies growing and blooming.
Jackie so glad it is warm there, it is really windy here today.
Let us know how the dr visit went , LK.

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

We are back home. No staples or stitches. he used super glue to close the wound. No more walker. I can use the cane, and put full weight as tolerable. Not too bad. No more ted hose, and I can take a shower with out covering the wound. He said I can drive, as soon as I can walk without the cane.

Great news Linda. Sounds like your Dr is happy with your progress. :-)

so glad to hear that, Linda! Now you can hurry and get off the cane and drive up here to see me ;D

:) Traveling will take time, but one day I will do just that!

stictocardia is about to bloom ..
finally found a bloom still open tonight
yellow passion vine is going crazy!

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife

Can't wait to see the pretty stictocardia.
Pretty pink mg and I love your yellow passion
vine,

Debra, that is going to be so pretty when it opens.

Gautier, MS

Great news Linda, glad all is going well for you.

Love all your pretty bloom Debra.

Jackie, went to Lowes with my daughter yesterday as it was getting dark but we were in a hurry so didn't get to check the plants out. I think if I keep putting my plants next to the house they will be ok. Yeah, I would be afraid of moving them out if they are saying a cold (30's) again.

My only bloom today, purple stripes.

Thumbnail by helenahkh

Helena that is so pretty.

beautiful purple stripes, Helena. I do have a few plants outside and it is dropping into the high 20's here, but the plants that are out are hardy to 10 so I figure if they get cold they will wake up and grow more vigorous. Wish the big banana was out as it would certainly take off as soon as it warms up again and faster. We are going to go get Joanna Friday night and will be off line for a few days while she is here... keep posting I will keep up.

Purple Stripes is a beauty Helena.
I'll be watching the weather very close for the next 3 or 4 weeks,
Started this at lunch time and that was the last time I got to sit down.
at my computer. Time for a 2nd computer line.

Gautier, MS

Thanks ladies. We got quite a bit of rain yesterday and last night. Everything got well watered, a good thing. Got my first hummer on the 16, a bit late this year.

Jackie, I share my computer with my g-son too until his is fixed. Time for my cup of coffee, then check to see if I got any blooms. Need to water my mgs in my greenhouse.

Hope you have a bloom or two this morning Helena. I see if i want to get any mg's planted, I have to leave other things on the back burner and just do it.Will try again
today to get my 8 oz cups ready for planting.
8-2014 the last time I had a bloom type like this. A Sr moment, I can't even tell you what its called

Thumbnail by patootie

Jackie, that is so pretty. Love the speckles!

Thanks Linda. it probably is called a speckled. I just wasn't sure. Hate it that at times I
can't remember names. smh

Gautier, MS

Pretty speckled bloom Jackie. I didn't have any blooms today and didn't see any buds close to blooming. If I do have any it will be a nice surprise. Moved a few more pots outside by the house even if it's going to be a bit cool. They will just have to get use to it.
Hope you get to start some soon Jackie.

you know how I love those speckles, that one is awesome. I never rmember names, and I can't say it's a senior thing even tho I am about to turn 64, I think I just say prety blue, gorgeous pink, purple with stripes.... you know me, I try to tag and then they fly off.

Thanks Helena and Debra
Thats why i want to get an early start Helena,. It takes me more than 8 weeks to get blooms.
Will be cool here a nite or two then warming back up. Anything can happen here in Ar with the weather. Warm in March and turn off cold in April.
Debra I think my problem is the stress. It works a number on my memory.I'm supposed to be retired and having fun, lol
btw, You don;t look 64.

yay a bloom LOL
big bud on moonvine

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife

Gorgeous stictocardia and yellow passi.

I just noticed the big bud on your moon vine Debra.
I need to grow one for the light fragrance

This message was edited Mar 20, 2016 10:42 AM

Debra, those blooms are beautiful!

Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

Beautiful blooms Debra. After a low of 29 last night and again tonight we are suppose to start warming up again and hopefully stay there this time. Happy first day of spring everybody.

Gautier, MS

I agree with Jackie, that you don't look almost 64 Debra. Love all your blooms, especially sticto and yellow passi. That mg looks pretty huge.

I know what you mean Jackie, it's a long wait till the mgs bloom. Seems that it's taking forever on mine too. Got pretty cool last night over here and I haven't been outside to check on my mgs yet.

Helena, the mg's I start this early always get buggy faster than the ones I start in May, June and even up to Aug. Buggy leaves or not, I would like to have some earlier blooms. .
My special sds, I will wait on as I don't have enough to waste if they don't
do well..
Last yrs blooms # 4 is the mutant and # 5 is Aogakiyama x Choc silk
Haven't found my special vine from last yr that made a different dark bloom every time.

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Gorgeous blooms Jackie. So nice to see blooms from the past.
I know that I lost some vines I started early too. I would have loved to see how they would have turned out, a few had interesting stem colors. Just have to wait on what I have left. Jackie, it seems we will never be free from the buggies. I found the red spider mites on 2 vines, part of the reason I started to move vines and plants out.

Helena, getting some rain on your plant leaves should help take care of the bugs..
I grow most all of mine under cover of my carport or covered front porch so
spider mites pretty much take over. I would set them out but trying to avoid
a deluge of rain. I got so tired of carrying mine off the porch during the day and back at night so just leave them now.

Gautier, MS

I know what you mean Jackie, I got tired of doing the same. Well, my mgs outside made pretty well next to the house. The ones still inside g house did too without heat lamps. If I keep it cool in there, the bugs won't feel so welcome.

Jackie, those are so pretty.

Sorry to hear you all had bugs. Seems they always find that special plant you have been waiting a long to for, to bloom.

Thanks Linda,
Helena, can barely wait to carry all my plants outside for their summer vacation.
Mine get ugly in the g house in winter but get pretty again out under the shade trees with the warm summer rain. There's something about the rain water they love, probably whats not in it..
Thinking about planting some purps on the fence so they can get a head start
since its so warm here.

Blank because something didn;t look right about my post (last nite late) had 2 of them after I previewed and hit send so just backed out

This message was edited Mar 22, 2016 10:28 AM

Gautier, MS

Hope you got to plant those purps by your fence Jackie. You do get some nice purp blooms! I still have quite a few mgs seedlings that need to be repotted into bigger pots. Hope I can maybe get to do that later this afternoon.

Thanks Helena. My purps have all been volunteers lately. I have those nice
ones you sent me last yr and Debra sent me a couple. Hope I can plant some of those,.
I hope you get your seedlings repotted too. Beautiful blooms will be your reward and we get to enjoy them right along with you. :-)

The 3rd pic 8 posts up is my beautiful unknown bloom from last summer.
It came out of sds labeled Cocoa Choc but obviously it isn;t. Then I tried to call it a
Blue TDye, not that either. Every bloom is different, a cross for sure.
Few more pics all from the same vine

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

beautiful blooms, Jackie. It is windy like crazy here.. I came home to a big bloom on that moonflower.
Waiting for beautiful blooms from you, Helena.

Thanks Debra. Send a pic of your moonflower when you can.
I have my cups ready, will try'to plant a few tomorrow. I planted 2 large pomegranate sds and a couple of heavenly bamboo sds yesterday

Gautier, MS

Beautiful blooms Jackie! Love when vines do that with their blooms!

Will have to wait to repot my seedlings.

This message was edited Mar 22, 2016 7:33 PM

Jackie, those are all beautiful! Just call it a variation purple/tye dye!

Jackie, if you want a nandina, please let me know, Mine out back is sitting in a pot, and I have the tops cut off and rooting,
missed a pic of the moon flower, but it has another bud. Sticto has about 9 buds going, two have bloomed so far.

Thanks Helena and Linda.

Debra, thanks these sds came off my large Nandina and she spits sds everywhere.
I have 3 or 4 smaller ones closeby. Just starting one for my son next door
Looking forward to all your mg blooms.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.