Morning Glories 2016 # 03

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

We came from here http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1414671
From years past
A shame the bugs got my last blooms b4 I even woke up that morning.

This message was edited Mar 7, 2016 1:17 PM

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Thanks for the new thread.

Your blooms are all beautiful!

Gautier, MS

Pretty blooms from the past Jackie. Glad for the new thread too.

Two blooms this morning, the fuchsia color that was purple before. And the blue bloom. Seedlings taking off, a few showing tiny buds.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Helena, those are beautiful. Looks like you will have lots of blooms soon!

Thanks Linda and Helena.
Beautiful blooms Helena, I esp like the purple turned fuchsia.
Your mg seedlings look great. Won't be long before you have bloom's on
those too.
I need to wash out some of my tall 6 inch pots and get ready in case I ever'get to start a few vines.

The current threads did not disappear for me this time after I posted.
Maybe its fixed now???

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda and Jackie. Glad they didn't disappear for you Jackie, they dis for me after I posted on them earlier. Don't know about now though. Hope it's fixed.

Forgot to say, I hope you get some mgs started soon too Jackie.

Did you get to scatter any purpureas seeds by your fence Linda? Hope you do when you are enough to do it if you haven't yet.

This message was edited Mar 8, 2016 12:13 PM

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

such a lovely array of colors both of you. I found you all just fine, I think it is fixed, just don't know what they did..
my blue and white striped shibouri has been blooming, setosa bloom has set a seed pod LOL
lost my orchera tho, sad.. *sigh* had it for a whole two years.

I sprinkled seeds on the fence line just before I went to surgery. I hope they come up.

I bet they will.. I have so many sprouts, can't wait till they get as big as Helena's!
Speaking of Helena, have I sent you that carrion plant yet? How is yours doing, Linda?

My ochracea looks awful Debra.I lost one 2 or 3 yrs ago. Sometimes it is hard to keep ochracea going, Going to repot it soon and see if I can save it.,.
This was from Nov 2009 b4 I lost this vine,

Thumbnail by patootie

Helena, Hope I get to start a few vines soon. Get tired of starting mine so late its
July b4 i get blooms. Glad you're sharing your blooms with us.,:-)

Debra, my Carrion is doing good. It got so big, I had to split it, now I have two. The main plant gave me blooms several times last year.

Gautier, MS

Jackie, I love the yellow color of Ochracea. When I grew it the blooms were very small, I was kind of disappointed.

Debra, I hope you don't mind but I'll pass on the carrion plant. You are very sweet in wanting to share it with me. With some plants, I just don't do good.
I think I'm over my head with plants already. I only showed you guys one section of my g house vines.

One bloom this morning from my "pretty baby pink". It's solid soft pink but the camera is not capturing it like it should.

Thumbnail by helenahkh

Helena, that is so pretty.

From what I see, Helena, you captured the colors pretty good! I think it is cool how the center is showing a water color ray effect.

Love your soft pink Helena.I think its gorgeous.
My greenhouse floor under water this morning. :-(.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda, Debra and Jackie.
So sorry to hear about all the rain your getting, flooding your g house Jackie. Way too much rain in LA too. It's supposed to start raining here this evening, it looks dreary now.
My only mg this morning, a repeat blue.

Thumbnail by helenahkh

Sorry about the water in your greenhouse, Jackie, we didn't even get enought water to register in the rain gauge, I'll have to water Sunday when I am off work. Driest Winter in years they say.
Love that soft blue, Helena, but you know I am all about the Blues! Bridal Wreath and Nanking Cherry are in full blown bloom now as are all the daffs.. we are all early here with Spring, all the bradford pears are blooming and people are sneezing like crazy. I had a pale pink with dark stripes open downstairs this am but didn't have time to get a pic. So pretty!

Helena, that is a beautiful blue, repeat or not.

We are getting a light rain, but not much.

Beautiful blue Helena.
Everything blooming here too Debra. Daff's, Bradford pears,
and the pink blooming trees, not the Judas tree though, maybe a pink Magnolia???
Wish you could have had the time to send the pink with stripes pic.

Gautier, MS

Thanks ladies. Lot's of blooms from trees here too. Yellow Carolina Jasmine blooming also.
Won't be the first time the forecast is wrong for the area, they say 3-5 inches of rain here. So far it's not raining here.
Would love to see your pink with stripes bloom Debra.

.Beautiful blue bloom Helena. So glad you're getting blooms and lovely blooms they are
Debra, wish you could have sent me a pink pic Maybe tomorrow. :-)
Our raIn slacking off and coming to a stop so the water has gone down
in the g house. Still 2 or 3 more days with high rain chances. :-(

Repeat post from me since I didn't see page 2, so aggravating

This message was edited Mar 11, 2016 12:59 AM

Gautier, MS

Jackie, sometimes I have missed the 2nd thread too. Glad your water level went down a bit. Hoping you don't get any rain. We are getting light rain now, slight thunder too. No telling how long it'll last since I have not watched the news or weather channel since Wed.
So glad that our forum thread seems to be running good so far. Hoping for things to go back to normal.

Helena, I hope you're not in for as much rain as we have gotten here. Over 7
inches in some areas.
Yes DG seems to be working right for now.

Gautier, MS

Jackie, wow 7 inches in some areas is an awful lot. I'm sure some areas here got a lot of rain but thank God it wasn't much in my area. It's cloudy here with the sun trying to break through. Haven't watched the news to see if we are going to get more.

I agree, that is a lot of rain. I heard parts of Louisiana got like 20 inches?

We lucked out too Helena, could have been a lot worse.
Hard to wrap your mind around that much rain Linda. I;m so sorry for the people in La. Homes lost, lives destroyed by this extreme weather.

Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

It is the rainy times like now that I am glad that I live on a hill.

Gautier, MS

Good morning! Looks like we will have a sunny day here today.

Repeat purple striped bloom!

Thumbnail by helenahkh

Beautiful purple morning glory.

We have sunshine too.

Love that bloom Helena, extra pretty.
No sun for us, maybe tomorrow

Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

Rain and cool temps here for us.

Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

Rain and cool temps here for us.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda and Jackie. Hope sun comes out for you tomorrow Jackie.
I had to untangle quite a few of my mg vines today. They are taking off, also moved a few salvia plants outside. I moved a few of the mgs vines next to the house to see how they do.

Thanks Helena. the sun did come out for a couple of hours. Dh got a pic of a lovely rainbow,.
At least you;re getting things done Helena. I'm still ripping out last yrs mg vines
off the fence out back.
All the local nurseries are starting to get in annuals here. So much fun to go check
it all out,. :-)

Gautier, MS

Glad you had a bit of sun Jackie. I love rainbows!
Started out cloudy but it has cleared out some today. I have a lot of work left to clean up too Jackie. But since I have so many seedlings needing transplanting, I have no choice. Don't even have much room left in my g house, that's why I have to start moving the pots next to the house. My vines look ok, made through the night. Got more seedlings into bigger pots today.

So glad you got your mg vines into bigger pots Helena Looking forward to all your beautiful blooms.
I should have stayed home the other day instead of galavanting around town
looking for plants. But I needed a break, been too stressed. Plus I picked up a couple of my bags of Fertilome.
Warm here for over 2 or 3 weeks,must be spring. Yea!!!
Warm being 60's and 70's and feels like 80 here today. :-)

Morning everyone. Glad to hear your water is going down in the greenhouse.
We are off to see my surgeon for my follow up today. I will be back late this afternoon.

Gautier, MS

I'm glad you got to go out and look at plants and enjoy yourself Jackie. I like doing that too. I've been wanting to do that too. Have to pick up a few things from Lowes.
The vines are doing good. I usually like to have them all out by the end of March, so this year it might be a little earlier.
Hope your follow up goes well Linda.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.