No one knows I'm a gardener
(3 votes, 6%)
Red dot

Other, tell us!
(2 votes, 4%)
Red dot

Previous Polls

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

The mail, UPS and Fedex folks definitely know as do my neighbors and many of my friends.

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Neighbors, UPS driver, coworkers, family and customers at work.

Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

Neighbors, friends and family know since I give them lot of plant babies. Don't order many plant products, but postal lady likes my fairy garden on my porch.

Code Enforcement knows, they didn't like my wildflowers on the easement. ☺

Northumberland, United Kingdom(Zone 9a)

Talking of the mail, UPS and Fedex . . .

:-)

Thumbnail by Resin
Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

You exposed their true hiring philosophy. Thanks for the chuckle. :-)

Everyone who knows me, knows that I have a gardening addiction. Health problems tried to stop me last year. This year, I will be teaching some weeds a good lesson. Lol

What happened to this site? It is a ghost town! Such a shame!

cambridge md, MD(Zone 7a)

I should have put some of all the above because a lots of people know that I am a gardener

Casa Grande, AZ

I grow cacti, Aloes and Agaves. Gotta be pretty blind not to see them! Think this stuff is kind of hard to miss from the front yard! :) LOL Although the Klutz from U.P.S. who trips over my plants and potted stuff has confirmed for more than one reason why we call U.P.S. "Oops!" Seriously...how do you justify colliding into this kind of stuff when you come up the drive and walk to the door? I mean look at the sheer size of it !!!

Pic 1) a 14 foot long x 1 foot 6 inch wide space full of very thorn things. It borders the side walk to the front door!

Pic 2.) Massive screaming red pot with a plant the size of something from the Little Shop of Horrors about a foot from the side walk to the front door. He actually got the dolly stuck in the rocks and couldn't wheel the thing out or turn it around. I had to go help him! ROFL!! Oh the black "decorations" were already on the pot but the rut in the yard and the squashed plant that sunk into it weren't originally That's Mr. OOPS losing control of his dolly!

Pic 3.) Huge, massive pot and Agave on the side of the driveway. (That's my neighbor's drive and patio behind it. My drive is 1/2 a foot in front of the plant!)

This idiot has either walked into or slammed his dolly into the pots and stepped on my smaller plants. Yep..."Oops!"

This message was edited Feb 20, 2016 7:52 AM

This message was edited Feb 20, 2016 8:04 AM

Thumbnail by Agavegirl1 Thumbnail by Agavegirl1 Thumbnail by Agavegirl1

Agavegirl, I have the main cable box to five houses in my backyard, so cable company always tramples my plants back there when they have to get to the box. I finally made a nice stepping stone pathway just for them and keep it trimmed so they'd stop stomping all over things. Of course there a a few guys that still manage to walk all over everything...ugh.

Casa Grande, AZ

Yeah. Get you. What clods some of these people are. (Huge eye roll). You would think though that a DRIVE WAY and a side walk leading to the front door would be sufficient. NOPE. In a way I'm glad I grow cacti. They really hurt when you walk into them (they wear shorts out here). :)

Hope your path is providing you and your plants with some peace of mind and shelter from large feet.

LOL...all my sharp spiked succulents are along the walkway to the front door.

Thumbnail by sunkissed
Moore, OK

Everyone who knows me knows of my love for gardening - especially organic gardening. I absolutely love sharing seeds and cuttings every Spring. I just lost my good friend and neighbor who was my best "garden buddy" to cancer last week. We have gardened together, sharing plants, veggies, and flowers for years, and I will miss her so much. My potting shed is full of tomato, pepper, cabbage, kale, basil, and broccoli plants that are ready to plant outside. I will think of her with each plant that goes into my garden.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

CC, I just happened upon your post... I'm so sorry for the loss of your friend. I've had best garden buddies move away, but it's a double blow and then some to lose them from the world. You'll be planting memories this year, for sure. *hugs*

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.