Mid-Atlantic Gardening: Your Neck of the Woods 2015 Part 7

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

I have a problem!!!
I keep a click-on site on my desk top so I can go to ATP easily.
Lately--this comes up when I try to go to ATP.
It is in a bordered box of sorts (the link will only show the text).

I went to ATP--and i AM logged in. I went to a couple different Threads
and all was OK.
What is this about and what can I do???? Thanks, Gita

This Connection is Untrusted

You have asked Firefox to connect securely to allthingsplants.com, but we can't confirm that your connection is secure.

Normally, when you try to connect securely, sites will present trusted identification to prove that you are going to the right place. However, this site's identity can't be verified.
What Should I Do?

If you usually connect to this site without problems, this error could mean that someone is trying to impersonate the site, and you shouldn't continue.

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Happy, Happy Birthday, sweet Holly!!!

Vienna, VA(Zone 7a)

Gita, type in the address at the top of your screen or in your search bar rather than use the click-on site.

Holly, Happy Birthday! I hope you were able to enjoy some of the spectacular weather we had today.

Thumbnail by Muddy1
Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Thanks everyone, it was a nice quiet day.

annapolis, MD(Zone 7b)

Nice and quiet works! Happy Birthday Holly You are one special lady!

Thumbnail by coleup Thumbnail by coleup Thumbnail by coleup
Silver Spring, MD(Zone 7a)

Gita, the ATP address used to start with https (with the s), and now it's just http (without the s). So if you bookmarked it before the change, it doesn't match up with the updated address. Thus the warning.

If you delete the old bookmark and make a new one with the address below, it'll get you to the website:

http://allthingsplants.com/

Happy birthday, Holly!

Thumbnail by CatMint20906
Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

SS--Thanks!
You sure are the computer smarty!!!! Always have the right answer.

I did what you said and it works! G.

annapolis, MD(Zone 7b)

Visitors to my grandsons' neck of the woods where they are fostering them until they are adopted. Marigold and her brother George.

Thumbnail by coleup Thumbnail by coleup
Vienna, VA(Zone 7a)

They're adorable!

Glad it worked out for you, Gita!

Adorable dogs!

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Oh Puppies are just so cute.
My family came over last night to decorate the tree and celebrate my BD we all had a great time and my tree is just beautiful.

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS

Cute puppies, Coleup!
Sounds like a fun day, Holly!

Lititz, PA(Zone 6b)

Happy belated b'day Holly. Nice pic of your family!

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Holly--Ric---
That is an awesome picture of your family. Enlarge it and frame it....G.

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Great pic, Holly!

Coleup, those puppies are cuteness overloaded!!!

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Thanks everyone, I am missing 3 people JR's parents Jamie and wife Deb and Jul's SO's daughter the lovely Merissa. They were missed.

Lucketts, VA(Zone 7a)

Holly, looks like a great birthday celebration!

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

We went to see the movie 'Brooklyn' tonight. Really good!

Lucketts, VA(Zone 7a)

I haven't been to a movie in ages. I saw the previews for 'Brooklyn' and thought that it looked good. Glad to hear that you liked it. Maybe I can convince Mike to take me sometime this weekend. 'Star Wars' was released yesterday and will be drawing huge crowds. I liked the original 3 when they first came out, but never saw the following ones when they came out years later. No real desire to see the new one in the theaters with those kind of crowds.

I recently watched two movies that just came out on PPV - 'Mission Impossible' (the newest one, 4th in the series) and 'Remembrance'. Completely different genres lol. Anyway, 'Mission Impossible' was enjoyable as far as action movies go and 'Rembrance' seemed to move really slow but what a topic and a twist at the end.

This message was edited Dec 19, 2015 6:20 AM

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

OMG What happen!!!! Guess December finally came to my Neck of the Wood's, LOL
It was 29* out there this morning when I went to the store for a coffee run.

Lucketts, VA(Zone 7a)

Wind was blowing so hard here last night. It was really cold on the main floor of the house when I went downstairs this morning. Went to check the thermostat and then saw that the living room door was wide open - must have blown open sometime last night in all that wind. No wonder it was so cold down there!!! Christmas decorations on the front porch were blown over too.

Lucketts, VA(Zone 7a)

Wish me luck - I'm attempting to upgrade to Windows10 on my laptop this morning. Could be easy peasy, could be a nightmare...

Vienna, VA(Zone 7a)

Good luck!
I don't like going to movie theaters either. I only go when it's a family thing; otherwise I'm perfectly happy to wait until I can watch it at home.

Lucketts, VA(Zone 7a)

Yay - the shortest day of the year will soon be behind us and little by little we will see a few more minutes of daylight each day!

Yay to that. It's been practically dark when I leave work.

Vienna, VA(Zone 7a)

Triple yay! I love December 22nd.

Lucketts, VA(Zone 7a)

Merry Christmas everyone!

We just got home from celebrating with my parents, brother, sisters, spouses, nieces, and nephews. Every year we celebrate up the hill at my parent's house with appetizers and the numbers draw presents pile game. Another tradition that started a few years ago is that my father gets my nieces and nephews to do this pose. Can you see the L O V E :-)

Thumbnail by aspenhill

cute, aspenhill!
My sister and BIL sent us a box of gifts and told us to play 'dirty Santa' with the kids. Great idea! It's gotten so hard for them to shop for us, with the three big kids.

Lucketts, VA(Zone 7a)

Great photo, Terri.

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

So Josh came over last Monday with a large heavy object, something that I had bought at the end of summer and Josh was keeping for me. Ric was banished to his bedroom, blinds were lowered and he was told not to peek. When he was allowed out there was this large bulky thing sitting on the floor near the Christmas Tree. What could it be, Ric was told no peeking and even though he is not the most patient person he did as he was told. Come Christmas day Surprise Surprise. He had no idea and was very Surprised.

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Lucketts, VA(Zone 7a)

Holly, that is fantastic and such a perfect gift! Where did you ever find it and where in the garden do you plan on putting it?

haha awesome! RIc we are proud of you for not peeking.

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

I had no idea what it was. We had seen it on sale this summer and I liked it but wouldn't spend the money then. Little did I know she bought it anyway and had Josh in cahoots to pick it up and then bring it over. We'll probably find a place for it in the secret garden, near the wino bed.

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

I found it at Lowes, it is fake stone but I think it looks pretty real. I think I may fill it up later and see how it work. Might just keep it in the living room for the winter.

Washington, DC

Cool fountain! Does your wino bed include grapes? Or just winos?

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

HOW awesome!!!!

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Oh Lisa, You have never seen the Wino Bed. It is a raised bed lined with wine bottles not quite filled in or properly planted yet. Still using it as a nursery. We hosted a large garden party for the local Garden Club approx 60 people. Ric put a sign in it that said "When Wino's Garden. It was a great hit.

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Holly--
Where did you get that many blue wine bottles?
I think I gave you one. Two? Looks great! Certainly eye-catching.
G.

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Yes Gita I am pretty sure you did. I asked DG members who were coming to the plant swap to bring me some. I drank the rest. LOL Well I drank some of them. The rest came from a nearby Winery if you go up there on trash day you can get wine bottles from their recycle bins. I know the big funny shaped one in the front middle came from Happy. I always think of her when I see it.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.